Thread: now to the forum, a few performance questions

hoss Guest

new to the forum, a few performance questions

hey, i just wanted to start off by saying hello to everyone, i am new around here. and i also had a few questions about performance upgrades.

first, does anyone know wehre i can look on the internet to see performance parts along with prices and maybe performance charts?? this would be helpful.

and also, does anyone know what it takes to get a marauder down around 12 or 13 seconds in the quarter mile?? i am thinking about getting a new marauder, simply because they are bad arse, but i wanna get it a little quicker. is it possible to get these cars down to this kind of 1/4 mile speed?? thanks for any help.
    Last edited by hoss; 11-11-2002 at 09:20 PM.

Right now, I think the only way you are going to see those kind of times, is to go to Kenny Brown, and talk to him about his Marauder S.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

12 to 13 sec. 1/4 mile

Just takes a WHOLE lot of money...and time...but, I say you can get there.

Welcome aboard hoss! BTW, you can't find 1/4 mile of straight road in the mountains of NC. I was supposed to run the "Tail" today...but didn't go due to the wet weather...

For those of you in other parts not familiar, go to www.tailofthedragon.com

I can't wait to "tame the tail" with a Marauder!

hoss Guest
    yeah, it is tough to find 1/4 mile of straight stuff out here, but Asheville is supposedly building a drag strip. i mainly just wann get a big bad 4-door that will get up and go. i wanna aim for a 0-60 of around 5 seconds or so, quicker if possible.

thanks for the advice mad-3R, do you have any idea how to get in touch with kenny brown?? do they have a web-site or any pricing infor mation??

i was thinking if i got a marauder i would run about 7-8 lbs of boost from a supercharger, slap a K&N filter on her, and then get a performance chip. that should get me up in the 400+ horse area. that is mainly what i am aiming for

does anyone have websites with parts and prices?? i am trying to decide if it will be cost efficient. thanks for the help though, i appreciate it all.

P.S. i have never heard of the tail Todd, i will have to check that out sometime. i go to school in cullowhee, being from Atlanta you may or may not have heard about us.

www.kennybrown.com

is the Website. all the info you are lookig for is there.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

for a lot less than the kenny brown conversion you could change cams,do the chip and gears, headers,t/c, some port work and a nitros shot. that should put you there. i have done all but the no2 on my ss and run low/mid 13's. rock on, rus

Thread Information