Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moonroof Option Availability

jrc50 Guest

Moonroof Option Availability

I am looking at either a new MM or 04 LX Sport to replace my 02 LX Sport with 75K miles. Want to get a sunroof if at all possible.
    In checking with the local Ford dealer, they say availability to order in December, but did not have pricing.
    I assume MM same, anybody heard any prices, comments?

I personally think an '04 LX Sport and an '04 MM is an "apples to oranges" comparison.

I also can't imagine that a true factory moon/sunroof will be available as the Marauder is being phased out. All we have seen on the Marauder, GM, CV is de-contenting and not adding (O.K. additional knock-sensor and 4R75 tranny not withstanding). If it is made available (sunroof) it will more likely be an aftermarket type product which I have seen some from some members here which look just as good as a factory unit.

bigslim Guest
    Dealer sent mine out to ASC. They did a real nice job. It has nice one touch open and close features as well as a automatic close feature.

Talking Its on the way!

I belive that by December you will be able to have the option of factory installed moon roof in your Marauder.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

moonroof

I have a MM with a factory moon roof ordered. Job 1 date is 1 dec with power factory moonroof.

Factory Moonroof is being done by an outside vendor.

Mercury will take an already finished MM and send it out.

2004 BLACK MERCURY MARAUDER
    SCT
    JLT Cold Air Induction
    PHP Intake Spacer
    Cobra Ported Manifolds
    Flowmaster 50's
    Magnaflow X-Pipe
    Stallion TC
    4:10's
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    Rear sway bar

1969 GREEN MACH I MUSTANG GT
    351 Windsor
    Shelby Cam
    Shelby Tri-Y headers
    Ported and polished heads
    10.5:1 Domed pistons/rods
    Balanced and blue-printed
    Offenhauser Intake
    NOS plummed under intake (8 fuel injectors, 8 NOS injectors)
    Art Carr TC
    Tranny shift kit
    Dual ignition with MSD
    3:90 Posi rear end
    Bought car when I was 16 and still have it

jrc50,
    Strong suggestion. If you know which car you want to buy, buy it with the sunroof prices in (based on a verifiable outside vendor price). If my wife and I had waited we would NOT have been able to get the MM in Dark Blue Pearl. Check my signature below for correct ASC sunroof Nbr to use and get a quote on.
    BTW, pls update your profile and tell us where you are located.
    GordonB
    2003 MM DBP (BLUE) (300B) w/Lt Flint (Hers); htd seats, 6 CD. PCM s/w level CRD1.
    Mods:Trunk Liner from Decklid Designs, Sunroof (ASC Model 840), McGard wheel locks, Godshead badges--steering & grill (fm Ron), Mac/Marty's Fender Badges, Silverstar Headlights, FLM accs--rear spoiler, door edge guards & trunk organizer. Bob White graphics. KB Dead Pedal & Polished Alum. Pedals. M&Z rear cntrl arms. DR (Addco) rear sway bar (24mm). Pro-Gard rear close-out panel. TCE Perf. braided SS brake lines.
    Born 5/22/03 and adopted 7/21/03. One of 328 DBP for 2003 out of 7838. Build seq. nbr: 7500 of 7838. Color seq. nbr: 282 of 328.

2004 DTR MM w/Lt Flint (His) with htd seats, 6 CD, Fact. Sunroof; born 6/15/04, adopted 7/8/04; one of 980 DTR for 2004 out of 3213. Upgraded same as Blue MM. Build seq. nbr: 3165 of 3214. Color seq. nbr: 973 of 980.

Other cars: '00 'Vette Coupe (Nassau Blue). '14 Vette Coupe (Lime Rock Green)
    Car Clubs: MBCC

Factory Moonroof

The power moon roof for the CV, GM, MM, LTC are all done after build date at a company called "Crown" located near the Ontario plant. After install they are returned to the factory for QC inspection then shipped, if they have passed QC. This is the same moonroof that can be dealer ordered and independently installed as a warranted authorized dealer installed option.

pacammer,

Seems like you know the smallest details.
    Maybe you can point me in the right direction for the solution to the following query:
    I have a DTR MM built in 08/03, according to the decal located on the end face of the driver 's door.
    How has every member, except for me it seems, determined the EXACT day of the month for the build date ???

Send your VIN to one of the guys who has access to Ford's database.

They'll tell you everything about it.

JeffersonMO was one, but I haven't seen him around lately...

To get the exact day of the month, consult your local calendar
    2003 Marauder 300eh - Stock

Born: 12/03/2002
    Adopted 02/17/2003

Trilogy #243

AVIC D3
    SS Inserts.
    Metco Control arms and Watts link.
    QA1 8 way adjustable shocks and struts.
    Addco front and rear anti-roll bars.
    Wilwood front brakes.

I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 75 ether.

Dealer ordered ?

I'm not sure I want my local dealer hacking through the roof to install it, but there has to be one out there that has done this a time or two and can be recommended...

I had the moon roof in my DTR Contour SVT (which is now for sale by the person who bought it from me if anyone is interested) and the moonroof in my Mountaineer. Sure would be nice in my MM!

John

JRC50,

There is a not very active board at Edmunds. One or two of the posters work at the Ontario plant. Information given here corresponds exactly with what is posted at Edmunds-EDmunds Link

Bob

Ontario factory guys

Bob,

You are correct. Lotboy at the edmunds MM site is a great inside source.

Dr Caleb,

Thanks for the JeffersonMO info.
    Your diagnosis for consulting my local calendar is profoundly invaluable. I'll take EXACTly (2) aspirin and call JeffersonMO in the morning !

jrc50 Guest
    Gordon B. Thanks for the comments & I will update my profile. Even though I realize from the earlier post that an after build install procedure is used in Ontario, it is a whole lot less hassle unless you are dealing with a large dealer that subs out a lot of moonroofs, plus it is a FoMoCo warranty issue, not a dealer/chop shop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information