View Poll Results: Which window trim to you like best?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave the chrome window trim just the way it is... I prefer it chrome!

53 42.40%
  • Black out the window trim... It adds to the badness of the Marauder!!

72 57.60%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blacked out window trim.....what do you think?

DAMN that looks good! That trim has been bothering me since the day I first saw it. gdmjoe, PLEASE SELL ME SOME OF YOUR TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NBC Shooter 310.722.0293

2003 Mercury Marauder 300B, matte-black, S55 taillights.
    B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180° 'stat.

bigslim Guest
    gdmjoe, I like the clear side marker light lens. They look real good with the blacked out trim. Dave, I like it both ways. The chrome helps out the wheels. The black out looks more sleath. It all depends on what you like.

I think Slowpoke's comment regarding aesthetic "balance" is right on the mark. Since the eye is sensitive to light, one's "Line-of-sight" view encompasses the prominence of the total car, whereas, blacked-out, only the wheels are prominent.
    However, prominence lies in the eyes of the beholder !

hmmmm,.. I'm undecided. I like the trim black out idea, I asked about this a few months ago, I don't think any one had done it yet.

Having seen it now, it looks good..... but,... yeah,.. maybe a bit too much black. I wonder how Cruztaker's car would look with blacked out trim?... hmm,. might go nicely with his black wheels.

yup, still undecided.

Tom

You are all
    That just shows how much some of you, martyo, etc., pay attention to detail. I did mine before Ennis, and it was that way at Hershey.....so obviously this is an un-noticed mod.

My answer to you 2quick....it's great! I like yours, I like mine, and anyone else s that does it. DOWN WITH CHROME! My pics are in the gallery in my personal section, that would be the Ennis pics.

I used the blackout tape specically made for this purpose, and found it at autozone. It takes two rolls. Total cost $9, total time 40 minutes. Secret...dont use an exacto knife, use your finger nail around the rubber window trim.

-Barry
    Last edited by CRUZTAKER; 11-05-2003 at 05:38 AM.
    2017 Niro

Really?

Originally posted by GarageMahal
    Clothes are supposed to match?
    Does this mean I can't wear my chrome pants with a black turttleneck anymore?
    '03 Marauder bone stock
    Build No. 612,178 at St. Thomas plant
    -Tenn. Custom plate: MARAUDR
    - Bob White decals (chrome reflective)
    - Mac 'n Marty "Retro" Fender Badges
    - Autographed by Steve Babcock, Marauder Program Manager 09/20/2003 at First Marauder Meet, Ennis, Texas
    -2XL leather jacket

I think the idea if bringing out the wheels by setting the chrome trim to black is a *good* idea.

But what do I know? I'm only a musician and not a visual artist.

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

TripleTransAm Guest
    Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
    You are all
    That just shows how much some of you, martyo, etc., pay attention to detail. I did mine before Ennis, and it was that way at Hershey.....so obviously this is an un-noticed mod.

Well, I'll be a primate's relative! I went back and checked the pics from Hershey... hot dang, there it is, clear as daylight.

I certainly didn't notice, but I think it's due to your car having so many visual deviations from stock that one is too busy studying the others and therefore miss the little things. I know I was mesmerized by the wing and the look with the CB antennae...

I think Murader03 suspected something, though...

Originally posted by Slowpoke
    . . . the chrome window trim 'balances' the chrome wheels from an aesthetic point of view. with blacked out trim, the wheels seem out of place against a black car.
    Yup, that's why I NEED the black wheels, 'Poke!!! Actually, I'm gonna go with a dark, dark, dark gray powdercoat on the wheels so that the tires still look "blacker" than the wheels. Thanks for the tip, Cruz . . . OH NO!!! WHAT TIME DOES AUTOZONE CLOSE!

Can't wait to do all my black-out mods . . . blacked-out trim. Black-chromed badge. Tint, tint, tint. Black, black, black. Can ya tell, I like black?

2003 Mercury Marauder 300B, matte-black, S55 taillights.
    B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180° 'stat.

NBC Shooter,
    Sounds like you've designed the special Johnny Cash edition, "MM in Black". Should be awesome in daylight.

AFSP13 Guest
    IS there any other color ( BLAC BLACK BLACK and more BLACK)

looks great !!

Hey Barry? you pointed the trim out to me at Ennis didn't you? Wow... I need to lay off the tequila maybe? I must've killed that brain cell!

I also want to add that the first test wheel was done in grey. IT SUCKED!!!

I beg of you to do your spare as a sample FIRST when choosing any color other than black. The original plan was to use a color called "GUNMETAL", but the company needed a paint code that I could not provide. OZ wheels has several gunmetal wheels, but their corporate offices won't un-ass the paint codes.

See my old thread on 'powder coating wheels' for more info.
    See my gallery pics for more wheel pics.

-Barry
    2017 Niro

I don't care if my car is blacked out like Lidio's, I just wish it RAN like his!
    2003 MM 300A
    Born June 18, 2002
    Adopted Christmas Eve, 2002
    First Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 81,000 miles
    Second Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 101,000 miles
    Ford Racing 4.10's
    Reinhart/XCal2 Custom Tune
    Reinhart Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Conical Air Filter
    Reinhart Exhaust with 18" Magnaflows
    Silencer Removed
    Bosch Micro Edge Excel Wiper Blades
    Bob White Red Bumper Inserts
    Lone Star Beer in cup holder
    Fellowship of Christian Cowboys
    license plate bracket

God and the soldier we adore, In times of danger, not before.
    The danger gone, the trouble righted, God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Cynicism is the smoke rising from the ashes of burned out dreams.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    I have decided that I will go ahead and black out the trim, I think it looks great on Lidio's Marauder, and a few guys here in Michigan are looking at it too....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information