Thread: It's Stalling on me!

It's Stalling on me!

3300 miles on the clock of my 300A built 8/02.

Took a right hand turn two weeks ago and the battery light flashed and the voltmeter dropped off. less than a second. didn't die.

Same thing happened last week, but didn't die.

Last night, right hand turn, and it dies at 30MPH pulling into a strip center.

Everytime I had A/C and lights and radio on, so I was putting a load on the system. All turns were right hand with foot off the gas.

Me thinks wire chaffe or loose ground. Can anyone relate or have similiar expereince? Thanks for the help.

check the wire harness, its one of the know defects.

DeadVic,

I had the battery light flicker issue on (2) separate occassions.
    The first time was on Oct. 20th when MM was purchased.
    Drove 30 miles from showroom with no mishaps, but the battery light momentarily flickered when I was turning left, coasting into my driveway. The engine did not cut out or stumble. I thought I was "seeing things", since everything was a momentary blurrrr on the fast ride home !
    Second time was (3) days later, again turning left into my driveway. The flickers were so fast on both occassions I didn't notice if the voltmeter spiked or not.
    I did find a errant hex nut, however, lying loose on top of the alternator housing...same type and appearance as the nut securing the black with red tracer wire (with rubber boot) to the top connection on the alternator...just a spooky coincidence most likely...but hmmm???

Had the exact same prob. They had to replace the alternator.
    2003 MM 300 A
    1984 F150 "STEPSIDE"
    "cause I COULD"

Thread Information