Page 615 of 623 FirstFirst ... 115515565605608609610611612613614615616617618619620621622 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 9338

Thread: What did you do to your car today?

Let me get this straight. 4 year slumber, now reporing back in action, and you slam my state, jeeze Justbob... Grumpy much?

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by gdmjoe View Post
    Bought a NIB jack holder (2003-2011 Lincoln - 3W1Z-17005-BA) to be installed/mounted behind the trunk's RH (passenger) side liner..
    What about the Marauder carpet tool/jack bag?

NXSBOB -What about the Marauder carpet tool/jack bag?
    That would also fit in holder. *hint: Crown Victorias don't come with a carpet tool/jack bag.

Castine, Maine & Brooklyn, NY & Walton, NY
    Put on the battery tender , filled the tank with 90 octane non ethanol fuel and bought parts to replace timing chain worn items with all Ford Racing parts.

Damn Bob! I just saw your posts about your back surgery...are you doing ok? I hope everything works out for the best for you and the fam! I know there's probably not much (if anything) I can do to help you out, but don't hesitate to ask...I'll give it a try if I think I can...or something...I dunno...lol. I just feel bad for you after looking at the pics. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery!
    I tried to PM this message to you but got the warning that your box is full...is that what happens after you have surgery on your cervix (like Mr. Man said)?

So got to messin' around with the junk in my trunk. Tried to figure out if I could take the trunk lid spoiler off, but the only bolts/screws I saw in the general vicinity of where the spoiler sits on the trunk lid are two 5/16", one on each side of the trunk lid. I loosened one to see what it would do and the spoiler remained intact...wouldn't budge at all..so I just tightened it back up and left it alone. After that I went through all the crap that I had accumulated in my trunk and found all kinds of bits 'n bobs 'n parts 'n pieces that had been sitting there for probably going on 5 years now. If you take a look at the picture I attached, even my cleaning supplies tried to escape due to lack of use...lol. Actually, it was just my McGuire's tire shine slooooowing leaking out of the bottle because it was sitting nearly upside down. Still have 1/3 of a bottle left and my hands looks nice 'n shiny after wiping it all up...lol. Gonna have nice weather after tomorrow for 4-5 days so will continue to clean 'er up and looking good again...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post a pic of the underside of your trunk and someone will tell you which screws to loosen for the spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post
    Damn Bob! I just saw your posts about your back surgery...are you doing ok? I hope everything works out for the best for you and the fam! I know there's probably not much (if anything) I can do to help you out, but don't hesitate to ask...I'll give it a try if I think I can...or something...I dunno...lol. I just feel bad for you after looking at the pics. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery!
    I tried to PM this message to you but got the warning that your box is full...is that what happens after you have surgery on your cervix (like Mr. Man said)?
    Next Wednesday marks 44 days in my rigid neck brace and “hopefully” the day my Surgeon allows the removal. Can’t lie, my butt hurts from sitting for weeks, my already bum lower discs are really starting to act up from non use, and can’t sleep.. But who’s complaining? Other than that I suppose life’s been great with no more left shoulder, arm, and hand nerve pain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Post a pic of the underside of your trunk and someone will tell you which screws to loosen for the spoiler.
    There are 6-8 pre-cut holes in my trunk lid. I shined a flashlight in each one and the only ones that gave access to any screw heads were the last ones on each side of the lid. Went out and took a pic. Sorry it's blurry, but was kinda hard since I had to hold my phone with the screen pointing down and 1" above the trunk organizer cover panels in order to get most of the lid in the frame...took me 5 tries just to get the one I've uploaded.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good to hear Bob. Hopefully you'll be able to get out of what looks like a medieval torture device soon. If you need some cushion for your butt, I got plenty to spare and would gladly donate some for a transplant...lol.

Try these two and the matching two on the other side.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Try these two and the matching two on the other side.

The hole you circled on the left has the 5/16" screw head visible as does it's counterpart on the other side of trunk lid. I looked in every single hole that was in close proximity to where the spoiler is mounted (just like the 2 holes with visible screw heads) with a flashlight and the holes on the far edge on each side of the trunk lid are the only ones where screw heads are visible. I looked twice at every single hole. With a flashlight. An LED super-bright flashlight. I loosened one of the screw heads and pushed on the spoiler to see if it would move and it didn't budge. I will go out and look again tomorrow, if it's not raining; forecast calling for 30% chance during the day, 40% in the afternoon/evening. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but today I only saw 2 holes with screw heads visible.

Appreciate the help.

SilverPhoenix... Tried to figure out if I could take the trunk lid spoiler off, but the only bolts/screws I saw in the general vicinity of where the spoiler sits on the trunk lid are two 5/16", one on each side of the trunk lid. I loosened one to see what it would do and the spoiler remained intact...wouldn't budge at all..so I just tightened it back up and left it alone...
    The installation instructions may be (?) of some assistance in locating the mounting bolts... Submitted for your consideration:

Installation Instructions - Rear Spoiler ««« -click-
    *.Page # 7 (of 10)

Thank you gdmjoe! Yes, the instructions paint the full picture now. I see they show 4 bolts and the use of adhesive tape; the tape would explain why mine wouldn't budge even after loosening one bolt. And I swear there are only 2 bolts on mine, not 4 as the instructions show. Like I mentioned earlier, I'll take another look tomorrow and will take pics of what I see and post up here.

Since there is adhesive tape involved, I don't feel 100% comfortable trying to take it off. If I screw something up, I don't have the means to fix it. I plan on getting it repainted along with the bumper covers in the near future...was just wanting to take the spoiler piece first to see how good of a job the place does. I've got other things that need $$$ to fix so this will need to wait for a bit.

Use a heat gun to soften the tape and adhesive it it'll come off successfully.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Page 615 of 623 FirstFirst ... 115515565605608609610611612613614615616617618619620621622 ... LastLast

Thread Information