Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Eaton Swap Parts List Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gortch View Post
    4. I am almost done with the new bracket and now make adapters to go in the water ports to utilize 90 degree Rad. hose and a alum. crossover, Also adapters to utilize AN fittings and braded line for crossover. Will submit pic's soon
    Gortch
    After two crossover tubes you tell me this

Quote Originally Posted by tjl006 View Post
    After two crossover tubes you tell me this
    i want one of those sweet ass tensioner brackets!
    2010 fusion se

haha..I feel you pain...
    Originally Posted by LIGHTNIN1
    ... As for the rest of the Washigton crowd, I think we would be better off in the hands of the Somali Pirates.

2004 Black Mercury Marauder
    2057 of 3213
    K&N CAI
    Lidio 93 Octane Tune
    4.10 FRPP Gears
    MagnaFlow SS Mufflers and Tips
    Fuel Filter Upgrade Motorcraft FG800A or equivalent
    Ford part number N807055S hood squeak fix
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK FOR MOTORCRAFT OIL AND FILTER WHEN GETTING YOUR OIL CHANGED AT A FORD GARAGE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey Zack! good to see you back.

Terry

I have a set done for my car but because of there being so many legs or stand offs and the adding of two idlers the welding has become a real problem, there just isn't enough room to get a tig in there and it is hotter than hell, has to be preheated to 450 degrees. So I came up with another method of boring the holes all the way through to a press fit and taper the end of the standoff and taper the hole on the front side weld and machine down. Welding is much better but a lot more machining. The bracket will be much stronger and look much cleaner.

The question I have for you guys is: On my bracket I set the drivers side idler in 1/2" just to stop the belt harmonics because I am not going to run high boost and HP. I can move the idler in any amount to get more belt wrap.

Any thoughts?

The adapters and crossover worked out well, I have a set made as a test had a bad piece of Alum. tube that had a coating on it so the weld didn't turn out but it is good enough for some initial pic's just have to get them taken and posted.

Terry

I have a set done for my car but because of there being so many legs or stand offs and the adding of two idlers the welding has become a real problem, there just isn't enough room to get a tig in there and it is hotter than hell, has to be preheated to 450 degrees. So I came up with another method of boring the holes all the way through to a press fit and taper the end of the standoff and taper the hole on the front side weld and machine down. Welding is much better but a lot more machining. The bracket will be much stronger and look much cleaner.

The question I have for you guys is: On my bracket I set the drivers side idler in 1/2" just to stop the belt harmonics because I am not going to run high boost and HP. I can move the idler in any amount to get more belt wrap.

Any thoughts?

The adapters and crossover worked out well, I have a set made as a test had a bad piece of Alum. tube that had a coating on it so the weld didn't turn out but it is good enough for some initial pic's just have to get them taken and posted.

Terry

Terry, what size idler are you using? they make different sized idlers. im really interested in that snount idler piece you have
    2010 fusion se

The ones in the pic are 90mm.

The ones in the pic are 90mm.
    i just bought a used 100mm. wonder how much more that would wrap.
    2010 fusion se

10mm is a little under 1/2" so I would think it would move the belt over at best 3/16".
    When making the bracket it is easy to position the idler over another 1/2" or what ever you would like.

10mm is a little under 1/2" so I would think it would move the belt over at best 3/16".
    When making the bracket it is easy to position the idler over another 1/2" or what ever you would like.
    i think it would easier to start with a smaller pulley and go up. when will these be available for sale?
    2010 fusion se

Could do that, the question then becomes what size to start with and how much to push the belt in to start with. I would like to have a place to start with for the high HP high boost guys who have a concern about belt slip. Where I have mine set will be good for 400 to 500 6 to 8 lb boost guys.

I'll have the first done in about a week I just got the material and will cut it out tomorrow. Been fitting the legs using scrap to get the fitting right now we will see how it works putting it all togather.

Sorry, I won't know the price until we get the first one done.

Could do that, the question then becomes what size to start with and how much to push the belt in to start with. I would like to have a place to start with for the high HP high boost guys who have a concern about belt slip. Where I have mine set will be good for 400 to 500 6 to 8 lb boost guys.

I'll have the first done in about a week I just got the material and will cut it out tomorrow. Been fitting the legs using scrap to get the fitting right now we will see how it works putting it all togather.
    let me know when its done and what you want for it! i think maybe moving it closer by about 1/2" would be good
    2010 fusion se

In the world of Modding the hardest question to answer is "is it done?"
    ... As for the rest of the Washigton crowd, I think we would be better off in the hands of the Somali Pirates.

2057 of 3213
    K&N CAI
    Lidio 93 Octane Tune
    4.10 FRPP Gears
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK FOR MOTORCRAFT OIL AND FILTER WHEN GETTING YOUR OIL CHANGED AT A FORD GARAGE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Oh-oh....seems the other site is getting their feathers in a bunch...better copy and paste this thread into your favorite Word like program before she gets wiped...

2057 of 3213
    K&N CAI
    Lidio 93 Octane Tune
    4.10 FRPP Gears

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread Information