Thread: SCT Initial Experience

Marauderer Guest

SCT Initial Experience

I cut and pasted this post from modulardepot. Finally, we have a package that allows us to do our own tuning and not only that, we get to start out with the best tuning on the planet! Although a bit pricey, who wouldn't pay 795.00 to not only "do it" yourself, but to have clear and concise explanations of every value you can adjust!

<b>Quote</b>

Since I was one of the first customers to get their hands on the SCT software and chip burner I feel I owe it to everyone to outline my direct experience using it.

This is by far the most comprehensive tuning tool I have ever used. The capability of it to make adjustments is truly amazing. I am still in awe over it and at this point still have a ton of reading to do so I can get a grasp on all aspects of it. The documentation written thru out is clear and abundant. Nearly all of the values that you can adjust have descriptions that list exactly what its net effect will be. I know personally I have waited for years to be able to have access to the functions of the EEC like this and change them whenever I need to. I am in a constant quest for more HP on all of my vehicles and the ability to make adjustments and reburn my own chip at will is almost beyond words.

The base tune I received was near perfect but I was able to get it exactly where I wanted it with ease. I think a lot of people underestimate what exactly they are getting a hold of when they purchase this. Yes, you get the software, chip burner, base file, and near infinite adjustability. But and what specifically I think is key here is that you get access to all four of these great guys if you have a question at any time. Last night for example Jerry was answering my questions within minutes. I am not aware of many other organizations that operate like this. I know if I have any questions or problems today or down the road they will be taken care of promptly. I am also sure collectively that there aren’t too many combinations that they have not attempted to tune or solve problems with already. That aspect in itself is invaluable.

I honestly don’t know if I have ever had this fun learning about anything in my life. It’s almost too much fun, well at least in my perspective.

Thanks again to everyone at SCT for creating a great product and customer service to match!

<b>End Quote</b>

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Great review.

I thought from the thread on modular depot, that you get more than just a base tune file, you got all value files applicable the particular car, and at least access to more than one tune file.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

TripleTransAm Guest
    I'm eagerly awaiting the 'flasher' version... not that I can afford it just now, what with that "for Sale" sign on my front yard. I just wonder how easy it is to keep removing and reinserting chips every time you make a small modification.

We should all consider ourselves lucky... as an owner of a 1998 LS1, it took us close to 4 years before such s/w was released to the general masses. With the MM, we're just starting our second model year!

I am no longer debating this. This is the route I'm going. To me right now, this is the best thing since sliced bread.

Thanks for the info Marauderer.
    I support and respect U.S. Soldiers EVERY day, not just while at war.
    I believe in GOD and I cherish the freedom and security
    the above mentioned provide for my family and the United States of America.

2003 Marauder 300A (Born 10/08/02)
    SCT Xcalibrator (Alternative Automotive)
    Flowmaster Super 40's
    AMSOIL 0W30 TSO
    AMSOIL By-Pass Filtration
    Real AutoMeter Gauges (Red lights)
    SilverStars

I can't wait to hook up with you again and check out the software. I am waiting for the flasher version myself.

jta

2003 Marauder 300A
    --76 of 7838 208 of 7839
    --Born on 5/27/02
    --4:10 gears
    --SCT9100 Tuner (Lidio's Tune)
    --BFG KDW2 Tires (235/50 front; 255/55 rear)
    --12C spark plugs
    --Granatelli Connectors
    --Pro-Guard
    1976 Eldorado Convertible For Sale
    In line for a 2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

mtnh Guest
    So without jumping over to the depot, who authored that quote? Was it Marauderer himself?

thanks,

mike

Originally posted by mtnh
    So without jumping over to the depot, who authored that quote? Was it Marauderer himself?
    I had assumed it was him but now that I checked I think he was quoting someone else. Doh

jta

2003 Marauder 300A
    --76 of 7838 208 of 7839
    --Born on 5/27/02
    --4:10 gears
    --SCT9100 Tuner (Lidio's Tune)
    --BFG KDW2 Tires (235/50 front; 255/55 rear)
    --12C spark plugs
    --Granatelli Connectors
    --Pro-Guard
    1976 Eldorado Convertible For Sale
    In line for a 2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

Marauderer Guest

More Info

Originally posted by RCSignals
    Great review.

I thought from the thread on modular depot, that you get more than just a base tune file, you got all value files applicable the particular car, and at least access to more than one tune file.

They said that they are still evaluating the best way to transfer the value files. They are overnighting me my package (should be here tomorrow!!!) with a base tune file for my stock car. I told them about my future plans and they are putting together another tune for me and will emal it to me ASAP. For now, I think the support for value files is going to come through the modulardepot forum (private area) and email with the tuners themselves.

thanks,

mike

Someone with the screen name of "tmcphail" He also has access to the "Owners Area" and has posted some interesting questions about changing A/F settings. This thing is going to be amazing!

I can't wait to hook up with you again and check out the software. I am waiting for the flasher version myself.

jta

BillatPro and I have been talking about another get together before the weather turns too cold cause it is aready cold. I've been waiting for my Trilogy kit to get here before I pursued anything myself. The great news is that it looks like it might get here this week!!!! Still I have to determine my schedule for doing the installation once I have a confirmed shipping date, then maybe soon after we can hook up!

I think you are all playing with fire. These engines have very fragile pistons. If you don't know what you are doing and you are not careful, you can easily crack them. Mine were cracked on the dyno and the tuner had practically all the info he needed in his hands like a/f ratio. You can easily damage a piston and not even know it at first. Its not like the old days when you could fiddle with the carb yourself and tune by feel or sound. Its too late then. Leave it to the people who have experience.

Thread Information