Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: different sizes different sides

different sizes different sides

someone had posted a picture of their MM with 245's or 255's on one side and i believe 235's on the other side. i looked but cant find the picture. can someone help me?
    appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I daily drive mine because I love driving it. I'm not going to spend most of my time behind the wheel in some piece of crap when I could be enjoying every minute of it. If somebody runs into me, so be it. I'll get something else and move on.
    I think cars should be driven, not kept in garages their whole life. If you want to collect something, collect stamps.

Why on earth do you want a pic of that?!?!?!
    Marauderless....

too refresh my memory on how the car looks with the same size all round...... duh
    think man

its a side view. im not trying to ride like that. just want to know how it would look with 245's on front at back.... from the side
    thank u
    I daily drive mine because I love driving it. I'm not going to spend most of my time behind the wheel in some piece of crap when I could be enjoying every minute of it. If somebody runs into me, so be it. I'll get something else and move on.
    I think cars should be driven, not kept in garages their whole life. If you want to collect something, collect stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-MerC View Post
    too refresh my memory on how the car looks with the same size all round...... duh
    think man

its a side view. im not trying to ride like that. just want to know how it would look with 245's on front at back.... from the side
    thank u
    You just got served, foo!

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

perfect for going around corners
    "A street walking cheetah, with a heart full of napalm."

"If You can keep Your Head About You, While Others are Losing Theirs and Blaming It on You..."

"Sometimes it is wiser to remain silent, and seem a fool, than to speak, and remove all doubt."

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."[5]

Don't do it! Keep it the way it is supposed to be... I had same size all around and burned the tires off so I could replace with the correct stagger.

Kiss my hairy white irish a$$!
    Marauderless....

You can only do this if your car has no traction control. (03 300A) The models with traction control require the tires be staggered to work properly. I'm think Blackened300A has 255's all around. There's probably a pic floating around the site somewhere. My car has traction control, so I'm running stock 235 in the front and 255 nitto's in the rear with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RocsMerc View Post
    You can only do this if your car has no traction control. (03 300A) The models with traction control require the tires be staggered to work properly. I'm think Blackened300A has 255's all around. There's probably a pic floating around the site somewhere. My car has traction control, so I'm running stock 235 in the front and 255 nitto's in the rear with no problems.
    That is not a true statement.

WIN WIN!~ Zack

What? Is there some sort of a button you can push if you HAVE traction control ??
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

Quote Originally Posted by Dragcity View Post
    What? Is there some sort of a button you can push if you HAVE traction control ??
    Yes. Next to the adjustable pedal switch.

Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    That is not a true statement.
    What did I get wrong? That 03 300A's don't have traction control or that I can't drive without staggered tires on my traction control?

What did I get wrong? That 03 300A's don't have traction control or that I can't drive without staggered tires on my traction control?
    you seemed spot on to me....
    2010 fusion se

Not to b rude but why are yall talking about traction control?....... does anyone know of this picture im talking about?.....

thank u[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-MerC View Post
    Not to b rude but why are yall talking about traction control?....... does anyone know of this picture im talking about?.....
    I ran 245's on all four corners for a while, tried to find a pic of the car set up that way but haven't come across it yet. I'll check on my other computer when I get home this weekend and will post up if I find it. IMO, the car didn't look too bad, the 245 fills out the front wheel well a little better, so I actually liked the look. Also this let me rotate tires which helped increase tire life, although tire wear still sucked with the BFGs.

The traction control comments will relate to you if you have an '04 or a later '03 with T/C. The T/C is configured to sense differences in rotational speeds for the staggered tire set-up. If you run the same size tires on all four corners, the T/C thinks there's a traction issue, and kicks in. NBD, just switch off the T/C whenever you drive, and life is good.

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

All models have traction control, even mine, and I could run taller tires in front if I wanted to.

WIN WIN!~ Zack

thank u chesehead

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information