Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Coyote

New Coyote

I am intrested in knowing if anyone knows if Ford's new Coyote 5.0 engine is compatable with our cars or what is needed to make this happen since it will add around 400HP to a car that should have had it in the first place. I was just pondering and seeing if I could pick some of you alls brains. Thanks for any input.

Lots of people are waiting for this motor.

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

Good question. There are a lot of people waiting to see what can swap over as for accessory brackets, bellhousing bolt pattern etc... I would assume Ford would be smart enough to make it a drop in swap.
    FRPP dealer owner of SpartaPerformance.com
    We are an authorized independent AMSOIL dealer.

I highly doubt it, as I have read the base design is radically different from the modulars, plus the fact that they built an all new 6sp manual and auto. Also, traditional headers will not work with this design. The custom ones they scratch built and pairs of cylinders work off each other. Old header 4 into 1 collector. New design 4 into 2 into 1 collector.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

For me, that is a dream swap! The highlight in my book is more so the new 6-speed which would be amazing to drive around town and exotic enough when the pedal is to the medal.

I guess I'll just have to stick with my ol' TERMINATOR block.

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

There may be a a computer upgrade required for our cars also to take advantage of the variable valve timing. Not sure how our existing computers would handle it.
    2003 300A Black MM
    3.73's, 3500 PI, T64e at 9.5 PSI
    Belts are for washing machines.
    Theme song (s) : Back in Black & Thunderstruck!!

Ride it like a Ford.!!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm not a gynecologist....but I'll take a look at it.

True it's a new engine family but thats no reason brackets and bellhousing wont match up. I'm hoping that it would be a drop in swap for anybody with a mod motor only thing we would need to get would be a PCM kit
    FRPP dealer owner of SpartaPerformance.com
    We are an authorized independent AMSOIL dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Old header 4 into 1 collector. New design 4 into 2 into 1 collector.
    Hmmm I havent heard a refrence to Tri-Y's since I was on the Chevy Forums... everyone and their brother runs that type header over there on their 96 SS's

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

re

Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    There may be a a computer upgrade required for our cars also to take advantage of the variable valve timing. Not sure how our existing computers would handle it.

For the computer upgrade would be next impossible as currently we are running EEC V and the newer electronics are block oak, totally different.

only way this would work is if you get the complete harness out of a 2011 and re wire it into your MM, Lots of work there,Not sayin it can't be done but it gonna cost ya.
    • 82 GT coyote swap started
    • 03 300a Marauder, stroked,cammed,T/S Trilogy Supercharged # 216,Best Et 10.77@129.72 on slicks, 93 pump gas. driven to the track.
    • 2011 GT 500, 3.4 whipple,93 pump gas,10.47@133,Driven to the track.
    • 2003 azura blue Mach 1, cobra motor,2.9 Whipple,crusher inlet,built 4r70w trans,04 IRS rear.full weight street car, Corn Fed

I should've been more specific, I would be beyond happy to swap in that new 6-speed automatic

My 08 Taurus has 6-speed automatic in it. I would love to get a tune for it to firm up the shifts and correct some shift scheduling but it's really nice to have.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

That's sweet! How much would you say it would cost to swap into a marauder?

I also read in Motor Trend that the heads are smaller in size. Sounds like a great engine for an older car swap. Our MM's would be well served with a terminator block and S/C. These can be upsized to a 5.0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information