Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kook's Headers future plans

nick filippides Guest

Kook's Headers future plans

Hey Guys, For starters I'd really like to thank Logan on the great job he did with the install, review and photo's. To address your concerns, first I'd like to say that Kook's primary concern was getting a set of quality headers made. We new there was a need and we did what we could to get them out there. We felt that the install of the headers and exhaust would in most cases be done by a professional exhaust shop where these issues would be deemed a "no brainer". Obviously we were wrong. I applaude those who'd tackle a job like this in their backyard. What we'll do for the time being is include extra bolts that'll replace the studs. This will let the weekend mechanic do the header install without having to search for additional hardware. Much like any other universal X-Crossover system, the balance of the components will have to be custom fitted by the hands of a pro. Again, this will be for the time being. We appologize for any inconvenience this may cause. What will happen in the near future is the prototyping of a direct bolt-in catted X-Crossover system for these cars. I can't give you an exact time for availability but it'll probably happen sooner than later. Hope this helps. Thanks Nick "Kook's Headers"

Hey Nick,
    Thanks for the info. I'll most likely be giving you a call after New Years!

I have to tell ya, ... I had absolutely no intentions of monkeying with my exhaust, ... Until I heard Logan's Marauder! and saw the dyno numbers!

Nick,
    If your open to suggestion I would like to make some.

If you decide to do a bolt in Cat x-pipe the Marauder all ready has bolt on flanges going to the stock mufflers,do a Header- mid pipe with cats that bolt to the stock muffers make the mid section 2 1/2 .Yes the stock muffler inlet is only 2" but if it bolts in we can run the Header,Cat/x section as is without the extra exspense of new mufflers.Maybe a short reducer section with 2 1/2 - 2"?
    If a muffler solution is decided our tail pipes are fine,we can cut out the old muffler at the tail pipe were the pipe necks up from 2-21/2" slip on the new muffler with stock type hangers in place then connect to new x section.
    The problem out here in the real world is most muffler shops are HACKS.
    We need a complete kit front to back that need no mods to fit and work.
    The Mustang world has ruined me on local muffler shops,mandrel bends,clamps and hangers in the right places,everything tucked up and neat that is what one expects from the lowest cost plain pipe set to the high end stainless pieces.

Next price.
    The above bolt in X-pipe,cat section, in the $400-$450 range would fall in line with the same type products available for other vehicles,Coated headers in the $800 range.The complete kit on my door step for $1300 ready to install,without a welder would be great.Then at a later date I could put on a set of proper 2 1/2 Mufflers.
    Thank for listening.
    Last edited by cyclone03; 10-13-2003 at 02:45 PM.

darebren Guest
    sign me up for the full turn-key kit when it comes out. Will be first in line. PM me when it's ready! thanks Kooks!

What you need to do is test your headers on a supercharged car.

Nick--- what Cyclone said. I want the most basic, no-brainer install possible. I've seen some real butchers work on cars, especially underneath where they think it won't show.
    2003 MM 300A
    Born June 18, 2002
    Adopted Christmas Eve, 2002
    First Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 81,000 miles
    Second Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 101,000 miles
    Ford Racing 4.10's
    Reinhart/XCal2 Custom Tune
    Reinhart Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Conical Air Filter
    Reinhart Exhaust with 18" Magnaflows
    Silencer Removed
    Bosch Micro Edge Excel Wiper Blades
    Bob White Red Bumper Inserts
    Lone Star Beer in cup holder
    Fellowship of Christian Cowboys
    license plate bracket

God and the soldier we adore, In times of danger, not before.
    The danger gone, the trouble righted, God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Cynicism is the smoke rising from the ashes of burned out dreams.

nick filippides Guest
    Guys, Please don't worry about anything. We won't make any comprimises with the finished product. Save your pennies because this stuff is on it's way. Thanks Nick "Kook's Headers"

I'd like to thank Nick for the AWESOME product that he has delivered. When I first spoke with him in early August, he stated, "If you buy these headers, you WILL NOT be disappointed. They're going to make a LOT of power." He wasn't B.S.ing!! I'm positive that his bolt up kit is going to be amazing. You all WILL NOT be disappointed. Plus, I'm sure it will be engineered specifically to pull the MOST power out of the car. You might see gains in excess of what Logan dynoed his MM at.
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

This is an old thread, but PLEASE use OEM Metal Gaskets. Great quality headers... Walmart K Mart fiber gasgets. Cost me $900.00 CDN for replacement gaskets, & install ...AGAIN If anyone tries this in there back yard..... check them in to a mental hospital. Kennyrauder.

True, the paper gaskets are junk. Re-use the OEM's or buy new.... OR go with Earl's rebuildable silicone gaskets. I've used them on several cars and they've been fantastic. I also suggest copper collector gaskets as opposed to the paper ones.
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

Holy old thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyrauder View Post
    This is an old thread, but PLEASE use OEM Metal Gaskets. Great quality headers... Walmart K Mart fiber gasgets. Cost me $900.00 CDN for replacement gaskets, & install ...AGAIN If anyone tries this in there back yard..... check them in to a mental hospital. Kennyrauder.
    I can install a set of Kooks in under 6 hours on the floor.

I can find 6 threads abouts metal gaskets....
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I can install a set of Kooks in under 6 hours on the floor.
    I can stare at a set of KOOKS in under 6 hours on the floor and still have no answers on how to install them!
    "Damned if I do, damned if I don't!"
    Member #8831

MERIDEATH aka "Purrrty Mean" was born on June 20, 2002.
    Production #1685 of 7,838 and is #1685 of 7093 Black Beasts.
    Delivered July 27th 2002, she revealed herself.
    Unable to be tamed by her 1st owner, she was left to roam about & raid in search of plunder.
    Through the pillage she became mine on January 23, 2008 and since then...
    "She's tryin' to make a Devil out of me!"
    -"TaKe 'Em D0wN!" TRILOGY TwinScrew #209 / TS0019-

Talk about resurrecting an old thread...
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information