Thread: How hard is it to?

How hard is it to?

Im going to get my AC looked at this weekend, reading other threads on here i think i know the answer to my problem. The air is only blowing on the floor and thru the defrost vent, but not thru the front vent. I have read that it could possibly be the blower motor and the O rings. How hard is it to change the blower motor? or better yet where is it located? Im sure I can install it if I can get to it and where can I get some O rings from? I will also be changing the read drive side window motor if anyone has done this and have any tips or problems they came across. I have changed window motor before so im hoping this one is no different from the others. Please Advise, Thank you
    2003 Black MercNasty
    Diablo Predator Tunned
    JLT CAI
    Ford 4:10 Gears
    Drill Slotted rotors
    Aero Turbines 2525
    Pirelli Tires
    Ford Bob White Chrome Bumper insert- Overpriced

Coming soon
    Valentine 1 radar detector
    Tinted Windows
    Stereo System
    And maybe more Engine Mods

Sounds like your blend door actuator went. There IS a way to test it. Now - I didn't consult the book and type this word for word to waste my time... While engine running - press OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously then press the AUTOMATIC button within two seconds. The display will show a pulse tracer in the display window.The test will run up to 30 seconds. If there is a DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) it will appear on the display. If there is - let me know what the code is - I have the book open and waiting! DO NOT turn the car off in diagnostic mode - hit the "cooler" button (BLUE) to cancel the test.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

If its the blend door it is not that bad to take the dash off, you don't have to take the dash out of the car to get to it. The bolts to get the blend door motor off are a little tough to get to, though. I believe they are 10MM.. I think.. its been a while.
    2003 Marauder, stock all through - the garage queen with 30,xxx miles
    Also goes by central50, for those who know...

The dash must be slightly pulled away from the firewall but not removed. If you lay a mirror on the windshield you can do it with the reflection. It really is quite simple - just be sure you are mechanically able to take on a task and LISTEN TO US!
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Bad Merc and Jackie thanks for the responses, I will work on this Saturday and I will keep you guys posted on my progress. Thanks again
    2003 Black MercNasty
    Diablo Predator Tunned
    JLT CAI
    Drill Slotted rotors
    Aero Turbines 2525
    Pirelli Tires

Coming soon
    Tinted Windows
    Stereo System

what about the O rings?
    2003 Black MercNasty
    Diablo Predator Tunned
    JLT CAI
    Drill Slotted rotors
    Aero Turbines 2525
    Pirelli Tires

Coming soon
    Tinted Windows
    Stereo System

Quote Originally Posted by MercNasty View Post
    what about the O rings?
    The ones in your EATC? Replace them since your going to be taking apart the dash anyway.

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

The dash pulls away in a complete assembly. NOTHING needs to be taken apart if the diagnostic test I typed.... you know what -nevermind....

2004 Mercury Marauder
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    Sounds like your blend door actuator went.
    1. Blend door actuator controls or blends warm and cold air to regulate temperature, it has nothing to do with air flow direction. When blend door fails it usually gets stuck in FULL heat or FULL cold positions. Most of the time when BD fails there will be a constant cracking behind the center of the dash.

2. Blower motor also has nothing to do with directing flow out of different vents. If the motor works at variable speeds, meaning oh high, low and in between, it means that it is functioning properly and your Blower motor control module is fine.

3. Loss of air flow through main vents or when air flows through defrost vent only is a classic symptom of a vacuum leak. System is designed to redirect all air to the defrost vent in case there is a loss of vacuum for safety reasons. There is a 99% chance that you need to service your EATC unit which has been discussed on this forum many times and you dont need to pull the dash to replace parts that don't need to be replaced. Here is a link: http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36922

EATC o rings. I don't have any left. (in case you read that sticky)
    2021 F150 XLT Super Crew short bed - no chrome! - 3.5 Ecoboost 400hp/500tq - 36 Gal tank (600 miles) - 4x4 FX4 Offroad + Max Tow - 3.55 Locker - 10 Speed - Pro Power 2kva - 24mpg @ 80 Ford is still the best.
    03 300A - Number 1727
    - Super Touring - 10k in the best upgrades - 13.8@99 N/A - SOLD
    - STAP was so much fun, loved meeting you all and racing.

Quote Originally Posted by MercNasty View Post
    Im going to get my AC looked at this weekend, reading other threads on here i think i know the answer to my problem. The air is only blowing on the floor and thru the defrost vent, but not thru the front vent. I have read that it could possibly be the blower motor and the O rings. How hard is it to change the blower motor? or better yet where is it located? Im sure I can install it if I can get to it and where can I get some O rings from? I will also be changing the read drive side window motor if anyone has done this and have any tips or problems they came across. I have changed window motor before so im hoping this one is no different from the others. Please Advise, Thank you
    It's definitely the EATC o-rings. I replaced mine a month ago for this exact problem. It's a very simple process. Are you going to Carlilse? If you are I'll bring my bag of o-rings with me. If not, you can order them here.
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#9396k12/=6yqh0w
    It's less than $5 for a bag of 100 o-rings and you only need 4.
    Last edited by RocsMerc; 05-05-2010 at 07:46 PM.

I can repair your EATC. Pm me.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I've replaced the O-rings in mine which helped the problem some as I got full VENT control back but on FLOOR the air still moves to the floor and defrost. Also even when the EATC is off I get some air coming out of DEFROST vents. I think I must have a vacuum leak somewhere in mine, just can't track it down.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Thread Information