Thread: Lookin for that Gloss

Lookin for that Gloss

I want to wax my car... now i dont know the first thing about waxing an automobile (i've never done it) but i know mine needs it. ive seen you all talk about the black box, mother's, etc;

so if i walk into advance, pep boys, autozone or whatever and buy one of these kits for 30 40 50 dollars what else do i need to buy?....
    im not tryig to buy a high speed buffer or anythig like that... what other basic items do i need to get so i can make the kit complete or just so i can do the wax job properly....

appreciate the insite.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I daily drive mine because I love driving it. I'm not going to spend most of my time behind the wheel in some piece of crap when I could be enjoying every minute of it. If somebody runs into me, so be it. I'll get something else and move on.
    I think cars should be driven, not kept in garages their whole life. If you want to collect something, collect stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-MerC View Post
    I want to wax my car... now i dont know the first thing about waxing an automobile (i've never done it) but i know mine needs it. ive seen you all talk about the black box, mother's, etc;

so if i walk into advance, pep boys, autozone or whatever and buy one of these kits for 30 40 50 dollars what else do i need to buy?....
    im not tryig to buy a high speed buffer or anythig like that... what other basic items do i need to get so i can make the kit complete or just so i can do the wax job properly....

appreciate the insite.....
    PM 03mmmonroe, he's got the stuff to do exactly what you want.

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

There's no shine like Mother's....
    2003 MERCURY MARAUDER #5701
    Mods: JLT CAI, SS INSERTS, MARTYO FENDER BADGES,4" Res. Delete tips
    ORIGINAL OWNER, 1 OF 470 FOR CANADA

I like the Black Box, but I wouldn't like it if I had to apply/remove entirely by hand. I apply with an orbital buffer and remove by hand. Car always looks decent.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Might be worth looking into having a professional detail your car to bring it up to speed and then learn how to keep it looking really good. The products you can buy in a store are good but the stuff professionals use is usually a lot better grade.

Here is a good example of detailing your car.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7mxMuEVLVM
    Last edited by ctrlraven; 05-05-2010 at 02:35 PM.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlraven View Post
    Might be worth looking into having a professional detail your car to bring it up to speed and then learn how to keep it looking really good. The products you can buy in a store are good but the stuff professionals use is usually a lot better grade.
    thats what i would do. get a pro to go over it really good then just keep it up
    2010 fusion se

appreciate the info

guess now i need to find a real detail shop in the Atlanta area that wont stiff me on a BS detail job
    I daily drive mine because I love driving it. I'm not going to spend most of my time behind the wheel in some piece of crap when I could be enjoying every minute of it. If somebody runs into me, so be it. I'll get something else and move on.
    I think cars should be driven, not kept in garages their whole life. If you want to collect something, collect stamps.

Impala and Raven u two have thee nicest silver marauders out there, it would b a difficult descision on which one to steal first.

just playing

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-MerC View Post
    Impala and Raven u two have thee nicest silver marauders out there, it would b a difficult descision on which one to steal first.

just playing
    haha thanks. fortunately for us, silver it alot easier to keep looking good then black is.
    2010 fusion se

OMG yes lol, tons easier with silver since it can hide dirt and stuff for weeks while still looking clean. I have mine professionally detailed before winter sets in mainly because my MM was a DD for the past 4 years. I have a lot of friends who detail on the side professionally.

I know I'll be forking out a lot though to have a friend or a real detail shop do the paint correction on my Taurus, so many cob web swirl marks and harden water spots all over the car. I've tried all I can do any nothing has worked.

Def. shop around and it's best to take your car to the detailer and have them look at it first to give you a better quote. Also talk to friends and see if have dealt with anyone who does good work.

Thank you on the compliment also, when I do my monthly cleaning to my car I usually spend a good 8-10 hrs hand washing it, take the wheels off to clean them, clay bar the car twice, polish the paint, seal it with a sealer and then wax it.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Thread Information