Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: This makes me mad....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Rowlett
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,780

    This makes me mad....

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/ny...enthal.html?hp

    One thing I cannot stand is somebody BSing about their military service. Ive always believed even if you served in the Air Force Reserve and worked the whole time as a mail clerk at Lackland AFB for two years and got out you still had your "hat in the ring" and could be proud of your service. Civilians sometimes forget once you are on active duty, you can be sent anywhere, anytime, and its just luck of the draw where you go. That said, I cannot tolerate people who lie about where they had been. It particularly makes me mad when people claim to be Vietnam vets. I meet these idiots alot on my Harley, guys a little younger than me who claim to have been there. The Vietnam Era was over in August of 1975 and except for a few specialized folks there were no major deployments Im aware of after 1972. There is no shame in saying you are a "Vietnam Era" veteran (emphasis on ERA). This guy in Connecticut is a simple liar. He could have just told the truth in the first place and that would have been ok (even though he did claim several prior deferments) but to say he was there and in later speeches infer he was there makes me mad. Nobody "misspeaks" about that, that is a plain lie. I hope the voters in Connecticut send a message to this clown. (Lots of coffee this am, sorry)
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Age
    80
    Posts
    2,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/ny...enthal.html?hp

    One thing I cannot stand is somebody BSing about their military service. Ive always believed even if you served in the Air Force Reserve and worked the whole time as a mail clerk at Lackland AFB for two years and got out you still had your "hat in the ring" and could be proud of your service. Civilians sometimes forget once you are on active duty, you can be sent anywhere, anytime, and its just luck of the draw where you go. That said, I cannot tolerate people who lie about where they had been. It particularly makes me mad when people claim to be Vietnam vets. I meet these idiots alot on my Harley, guys a little younger than me who claim to have been there. The Vietnam Era was over in August of 1975 and except for a few specialized folks there were no major deployments Im aware of after 1972. There is no shame in saying you are a "Vietnam Era" veteran (emphasis on ERA). This guy in Connecticut is a simple liar. He could have just told the truth in the first place and that would have been ok (even though he did claim several prior deferments) but to say he was there and in later speeches infer he was there makes me mad. Nobody "misspeaks" about that, that is a plain lie. I hope the voters in Connecticut send a message to this clown. (Lots of coffee this am, sorry)
    Speaking as a Vietnam veteran, imho this man is a scumbag! He is on a par with the late, thankfully, John Murtha one of the few ex-Marines.
    Semper fi

    "Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    20,574
    Yep, a total dirtbag and liar. And not an ounce of shame at all.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)




    Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

    Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04


    Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

    Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    maryland
    Age
    43
    Posts
    688
    What an *******

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Taxachusetts
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,926
    What a loser. I hate posers like that! Plenty of them in the fire service as well. I can't stand people that talk about something as serious as that and use it for their own personal gain!

    Thanks to all the ACTUAL veterans out there! Anyone who votes for this nimrod is either uneducated about him, or a total imbecile!
    Marauderless....


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bossier City, La
    Age
    86
    Posts
    4,439
    Hey, the C-130 transport plane that I was on landed in Vietnam in 1970 and I got a tax break for that month, does that count?
    Last edited by Pat; 05-18-2010 at 02:10 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    22,513
    I can always tell when a politician is lying.

    Their lips are moving...

    2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

    Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

    In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    TULSA OKLAHOMA
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Cheesehead View Post
    I can always tell when a politician is lying.

    Their lips are moving...

    Never heard a greater truth. Maybe this guy will get defeated.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North of the Border
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Hey, the C-130 transport plane that I was on landed in Vietnam in 1970 and I got a tax break for that month, does that count?
    Of course that counts.

    I still wear an MIA band from a pilot that never came home from the Nam.
    Don't bring skittles to a gunfight.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mad Max
    By GreekGod in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 08:36 PM
  2. Who makes this rim???
    By Bowman9 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 07:47 PM
  3. Mad Max
    By Pops in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 06:56 PM
  4. I'm Mad As He_ _,You Would Be Too...
    By UncleLar in forum Windy City Marauders
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 03:40 PM
  5. For: MAD-3R
    By the fat bastid in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •