Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got rearended on my motorcycle!

Got rearended on my motorcycle!

Hey guys,
    First off let me say that I am 100% ok. I found this interesting so I thought I would share. I was on my way to my sister's graduation for her associate's degree and I was stopped at the light in front of the institution waiting to pull into the parking lot. I was at a complete stop when all of a sudden I hear screeching tires and I said "Oh f***" because I knew they had my name on them! The guy left about 15' of rubber before hitting the back of my motorcycle. I left off the brake to absorb some of the hit, but I hit the brake quickly right after so I didn't go into the back of the car in front of me. I yelled "GOD F***ING DAMMIT!" which is rare for me to say being a good Catholic boy, but I was pissed. Am glad that I was able to walk away from it though and now I will get some nice new parts for my bike! He pushed the rear fender in right up to the tire so I am going to have them do a full check of the whole drive train at his expense! I was able to right it into the parking lot after I pulled the fender away from the tire. That was something I don't want to experience ever again!

My rider friends... Always be checking 360 degrees! I saw this coming and was able to keep the shiny side up.

My driver friends... look twice, save a life! motorcycles are everywhere... or at least look ahead so you don't plow into the back of a motorcycle!!

Pics will come tonight. I took them yesterday, but I didn't have any time to upload them.

What a day...
    Marauderless....

Way to be alert man. Glad you're okay! Hope you get your bike up and runnin soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MMarauder03 View Post
    Way to be alert man. Glad you're okay! Hope you get your bike up and runnin soon.
    That's what sucks... This is prime riding time in New England! I am going to make his insurance co aware of this!
    Marauderless....

You were darn lucky and good you kept your wits about you. Came close a few times when i use to ride. Worked on a spinal cord injury unit where a few weren't as fortunate.

Be safe while in the wind.
    Born 03/04
    Adopted on 01/03/05

2084 of 3213 & 691 of 983____Moonroof 185 of 335 of 1213

Now Procharger boosted #04

Phew... I'm glad you were able to walk away at the end!
    "Damned if I do, damned if I don't!"
    Member #8831

MERIDEATH aka "Purrrty Mean" was born on June 20, 2002.
    Production #1685 of 7,838 and is #1685 of 7093 Black Beasts.
    Delivered July 27th 2002, she revealed herself.
    Unable to be tamed by her 1st owner, she was left to roam about & raid in search of plunder.
    Through the pillage she became mine on January 23, 2008 and since then...
    "She's tryin' to make a Devil out of me!"
    -"TaKe 'Em D0wN!" TRILOGY TwinScrew #209 / TS0019-

Glad you are ok. One little thing I try to do is not be "first" in line at a red light if possible. If I see up ahead a redlight I try to get behind another car already there. I do this for two reasons, first maybe some idiot coming up from behind who might not notice a bike would notice a car and secondly when the light goes green Id rather not be the first thing to cross the intersection and take a chance some moron is trying to beat the light coming the other way. Cant always do this but when traffic permits, this is what I do anyway.
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Glad you are ok. One little thing I try to do is not be "first" in line at a red light if possible. If I see up ahead a redlight I try to get behind another car already there. I do this for two reasons, first maybe some idiot coming up from behind who might not notice a bike would notice a car and secondly when the light goes green Id rather not be the first thing to cross the intersection and take a chance some moron is trying to beat the light coming the other way. Cant always do this but when traffic permits, this is what I do anyway.
    True that! I was about 7 cars back from the light itself! haha He didn't see the car, or the line of cars for that matter! haha
    Marauderless....

Soooo, did you kick his azz? Once again, i'm glad to hear your okay, even though you AND your sister have been giving your mom mini heart attacks lately!
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Glad your'e ok...I was very nearly run off the side of a bridge by some broad that "didn't see me". I was riding a Honda Goldwing so can't get much bigger than that.

I finally sold my bike last year as the road seemed to get closer to my face the older I got. I do miss it though.
    Semper fi

"Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Soooo, did you kick his azz? Once again, i'm glad to hear your okay, even though you AND your sister have been giving your mom mini heart attacks lately!
    No azz kicking... My sister had someone rear end her a couple weeks ago and then run! My sister tracked him down and got out of the car yelling... She is one tough cookie! haha... My mom has been freaking out lately to say the least! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by dakslim View Post
    Glad your'e ok...I was very nearly run off the side of a bridge by some broad that "didn't see me". I was riding a Honda Goldwing so can't get much bigger than that.

I finally sold my bike last year as the road seemed to get closer to my face the older I got. I do miss it though.
    Yeah... It is getting more and more dangerous out there to ride a motorcycle! This accident hasn't given me a fear of riding, but will definitely make me more aware of my surroundings at ALL times!!!
    Marauderless....

I am glad to hear your okay and the bike is in okay shape!

No one pays attention now a days it seems too busy with life and work rushing around without a thought about others around them till it is too late.

Count your blessings and thank someone that the car stoped before you got crushed between 2 cars!

Bought Her for my 40th B Day in August of 2004 @ Crest Lincoln Mercury
    Assembled 12/17/2003
    #1183 of a build of 3214
    and is #379 of 1237

Link to Mod's and car:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...o=view&id=8832

Link to Pictures of the Kids/Animals, Cars I have built or a hand in building as well as cars and trucks I have owned.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...php?albumid=16

glad you're ok tommy boy. lost a few friends to bike accidents. I saw your status on fb about it...."think i'll take the bike for parking options!"

Rocknthehawk/Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by MrBluGruv View Post
    Those are my FAVORITE kind of people though. It's like, "the lone fact that I have to explain to you how wrong you are, is the very reason why trying to explain to you why you are wrong is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by The Bandit
    Got Rear Ended on My Motorcycle!
    Was he Gentle?

^^ka-pow^^

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

I'm glad you find humor in my traumatic experience...
    Marauderless....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information