Might deal on a 2003 MM Black 300A this weekend. From browsing, I know some things to be watching out for in terms of defects, but I am wondering if the Canadian MMs suffer from the same defects (yes, I know that they are all built at St Thomas, but I don't know how they separate the US-bound from the domestic, and whether some things are done differently).

So, any help you can provide on these would be appreciated:

1. The paint!!! Same problems with thin/damaged/swirl-marked paint up here?

2. This MM's birth date is April 2003. No inside fuel door release, skinny spare, no clock, but it does have door pockets. Listed as a 300A, but are Canadian 300A differnt from those that went sounth?

3. What kind of mileage do you guys get? My commute is half freeway, half city. In my 93 Crown Vic, I get about 22-23 mpg (Canadian gallon, so about 17-18 per US gallon). Would the MM be a lot heavier on gas? The premium fuel cost alone probably means an increase in operating costs.

4. Subwoofer rattle?

5. Headlight fogging?

6. Right spoke in steering wheel problem? I'm not sure what's involved with this; I just saw it mentioned a few times, but with no details.

7. Inaccurate fuel guage?

8. Wire harness chafing by windshield wiper and transmission?

9. This isn't a problem question, but what kind of antitheft device does a 300A have? Would a guy still need a Club? What about wheel locks?

10. if I go for this one, I am going to offer 32,500 CAN (which is about 25,000 USD at today's rates). That reasonable? I don't know what incentives/cashbacks/holdbacks there are here.

That's it!! I might go test 'er out this afternoon (and then they'll never be able to get me out of the car, and I'll be stuck).

Thanks in advance for any comments.