70. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd come as part of the CrownVic.net group

32 45.71%
  • I'd come but prefer an MM.net tour

38 54.29%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: St. Thomas Plant Tour

yorks Guest
    It's a short drive for me so I plan on being there. Thanks MLM for the heads up.

Any more Information on the St. Thomas plant tour in June, with or without the CV group. Enquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Dave Taylor at crownvic.net just told me yesterday that the STAP meet will be the weekend of June 24-27. I don't have many details but they will have the plant tour Friday, June 25 at 9:30 am and the drag strip that night.

He's putting the finishing touches on a web page for it and will advise when it is ready.

TripleTransAm Guest
    ...which is a holiday weekend here in Quebec. Things are looking up!

You mean you'd skip the SJB parade????

TripleTransAm Guest
    Hey, don't knock it, MLM. Different strokes for different folks, eh? Besides, if you haven't partied on SJB day, you seriously are missing something. There is just something so deep about thousands and thousands of people on a hillside park sitting/laying on the grass with more-than-ample beer supplies and dozens of popular artists playing on an outdoor stage until the wee hours of the morning. Very peaceful, and very moving.

French Quebecers are in general a very peaceful and very proud lot. Proud of their language, proud of their heritage, proud of their culture... it's a shame the overall experience had to be tainted with the ugly colors of separatism, but I guess it's tough to understand the French Canadian's anguish until you've heard their side of the story. I still don't support the extremism, but at least now I understand it. And understanding is the first step to healing most rifts and conflicts...

That being said, no I wouldn't mind giving up one party in favor of participating in another in the company of my fellow Marauderers!

Sorry, Steve, I didn't intend to belittle SJB, just funnin'. What you describe does sound like a good time. That's why we have the expression joie de vivre!

Glad to hear that you'll be coming down, hopefully with Bobby and whoever else can come! Does it sound practical/useful to meet here in Brampton for the final leg?

I really want to come, but I really want to go to Indy too. I'm torn.

The distances involved just won't allow me to do both in my car, but I'm keeping my options open and will try to do both.
    2003 Marauder 300eh - Stock

Born: 12/03/2002
    Adopted 02/17/2003

Trilogy #243

AVIC D3
    SS Inserts.
    Metco Control arms and Watts link.
    QA1 8 way adjustable shocks and struts.
    Addco front and rear anti-roll bars.
    Wilwood front brakes.

I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 75 ether.

Originally posted by Dr Caleb
    I really want to come, but I really want to go to Indy too. I'm torn.

The distances involved just won't allow me to do both in my car, but I'm keeping my options open and will try to do both.
    Do what Marty does, trailer it.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

TripleTransAm Guest
    Originally posted by MapleLeafMerc
    Sorry, Steve, I didn't intend to belittle SJB, just funnin'. What you describe does sound like a good time. That's why we have the expression joie de vivre!

No worries, it wasn't a rebuttal, just an FYI. Seems the loudmouthed politicians and media freaks love to harp on the cultural clashes and animosity... I guess it's what keeps them in the papers. You CAN be a proud Quebecer without being anti-English or anti-western-Canada... I'm of the opinion that most people here agree with this. And just because I'm sympathetic to the plight of the french Canadian in the 200-odd years leading up to the 1970s, doesn't mean I have any sympathy to those turkeys who went around kidnapping (and killing) diplomats and blowing up mailboxes (and at least 1 cop).

My (french-Canadian) co-worker's father-in-law applied to work in a Toronto financial institution sometime in the 60s. They offered him the job, on the condition he change his name from Boisvert to Greenwood (the english translation of his family name). He told them to stuff it and came back to Quebec (where he did quite well, actually). That in itself should explain a lot of the animosity in some folks...

Right... enough history...

Brampton... there's a Hooters there, right? If so, then I know where it is... should make it easy to meet up as we fly down the 401 West. Once we get to St. Thomas, though, I'm lost... I only went as far as the drag strip (Sparta?) and know nothing much about the town itself. Besides, Brampton will make a fine meeting location to meet up with Dr.Caleb...

Brampton is do-able. It's been some time (15 years?) since I drove the 401, and I haven't even consulted a map to be sure of where St Thomas is. SW of Toronto is where I'm guessing, along the Hamilton corridor. After a 4000km drive, a couple hundred really doesn't concern me

Might even be timed well. I think my cousin is getting Married in MTL on or near that time.
    2003 Marauder 300eh - Stock

Born: 12/03/2002
    Adopted 02/17/2003

Trilogy #243

AVIC D3
    SS Inserts.
    Metco Control arms and Watts link.
    QA1 8 way adjustable shocks and struts.
    Addco front and rear anti-roll bars.
    Wilwood front brakes.

I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 75 ether.

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    Brampton... there's a Hooters there, right? If so, then I know where it is... should make it easy to meet up as we fly down the 401 West. Once we get to St. Thomas, though, I'm lost... I only went as far as the drag strip (Sparta?) and know nothing much about the town itself. Besides, Brampton will make a fine meeting location to meet up with Dr.Caleb...
    Yes, there is a Hooters here, on Queen St. just east of Kennedy Rd. We are about 2 miles east of it. I'll mention it again when the date gets closer, but there is a pdf map on our website of my office location (follow the How to Find Us link) http://www.ehpope.com

As far as getting to St Thomas, the crownvic.net site will have the St Thomas page that includes local maps.

Larry

Originally posted by Dr Caleb
    Brampton is do-able. It's been some time (15 years?) since I drove the 401, and I haven't even consulted a map to be sure of where St Thomas is. SW of Toronto is where I'm guessing, along the Hamilton corridor. After a 4000km drive, a couple hundred really doesn't concern me

Might even be timed well. I think my cousin is getting Married in MTL on or near that time.
    If you go to Mtl first, you'd be able to hook up with TTA. If not, you would either stay on the Trans Canada into Ontario, taking 17 to North Bay, 11 south to 400, and then 407 west to Brampton. OR you could go south from Winnipeg through Minn, Wisc, Michigan, I75 south to Detroit, then 401 east to London. There is a group in Detroit that will be coming.

St Thomas is about half way between Windsor and Toronto (about 125 miles from both); Hamilton is about 50 miles south west of Toronto.

TripleTransAm Guest
    Originally posted by MapleLeafMerc
    Yes, there is a Hooters here, on Queen St. just east of Kennedy Rd. We are about 2 miles east of it.

Okay, then I know where Brampton is.

Back in summer 2001 (I think), I got out of work early one afternoon and decided to drive over to Brampton to meet up with some local F-body buddies who were having a get-together. Just hopped in the GTA, headed west... had dinner, hopped back in the car, fueled up, and got back home by 2:00am or so, and posted pictures I took.

With the birth of my son in October 2001, stuff like that has kind of become rarer...

But there is something about driving my GTA that just makes me want to stay on a highway. I can't count the number of times I've found myself saying "Oh gee, I think I missed my exit... oh look, next exit: Cornwall... cool"

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    Okay, then I know where Brampton is.

Back in summer 2001 (I think), I got out of work early one afternoon and decided to drive over to Brampton to meet up with some local F-body buddies who were having a get-together. Just hopped in the GTA, headed west... had dinner, hopped back in the car, fueled up, and got back home by 2:00am or so, and posted pictures I took.
    Who were you with?

With the birth of my son in October 2001, stuff like that has kind of become rarer...
    Bet you're glad we have 3- count 'em- 3 seat anchors! BTW, why DOES a Marauder have THREE seat anchors? For triplets?!!

But there is something about driving my GTA that just makes me want to stay on a highway. I can't count the number of times I've found myself saying "Oh gee, I think I missed my exit... oh look, next exit: Cornwall... cool"
    Right on. I've driven the family to Fla twice and loved every mile. Just pick up the latest Along The I-75 book and off you go.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information