Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy 2003/2004 Mercury Marauder Oregon/Washington.

Looking to buy 2003/2004 Mercury Marauder Oregon/Washington.

Hello.
    For the next 60 days I am going to do the research to buy a Marauder. I looked into them a few years ago but didn’t do a lot of in depth research. I just know this will be the car that replaces the 1985 SVO that I sold a few years ago.

So for the next 60 days I am going to do the research, look at what’s for sale and when I am done I will look for one to buy. I don’t have a problem waiting till the right one comes along.

Color isnt important, black would be nice though. I would like heated seats and a moon roof, but it’s not a deal breaker. Car has to be low mileage (under 60K), damage free, and in good condition inside and out. If the car has been smoked in, I will have to pass.
    I live in Portland Oregon and want to find one within Oregon or Washington.
    I would travel to Nevada, Idaho, Montana, or California if the car and the deal were right.
    I will be paying with cash, no financing or third party’s to deal with, so title will need to be available at the time of sale.

Just so you know, I am way over the age of 18 (39) and I don’t need to get anyone’s permission prior to buying anything. No wife, No bank.
    I’m only kicking tires till I find the right one.

So if you have one that you are looking to sell, or know someone who does please send them my way. I am going to want tons of detailed photos and video if possible before I make any long distance treks.
    Also if anyone has any advice about buying/owning a MM, feel free to educate me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks and I look forward to joining all the other Marauder Owners.

2003 Marauder

Would you consider a Black '03 in central Ohio? I am the 2nd owner and if it matters to you, I had to make the choice between buying "this" Marauder or an 03' Explorer that was on the dealers showroom floor at the same time, I bought the Explorer. I never forgot the car and when I retired in 2007 I asked the dealer if he would negotiate a purchase from the original owner for me and he did. The original owner put 1607 miles on it in the first four years and I have put around 5000 miles on it since. It has never been smoked in or driven in rain or snow. It has been kept in a heated garage and never been left out in the sun other than while being driven. With less that 6600 miles on the odometer, it has all of the options including the trunk organizer, 6-CD player, both window stickers and owners manuals. The original owner kept the jacket.

What are you looking to get for it? Post up some pics showing inside and out if you can.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Pics and a price would help.
    Thanks.

I live in seattle.. whats your price range?

That really depends on the car to be honest.
    I'd pay more for a car with 50,000 miles compared to one with 80,000.
    Do you have one you are looking to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Priest View Post
    Would you consider a Black '03 in central Ohio? I am the 2nd owner and if it matters to you, I had to make the choice between buying "this" Marauder or an 03' Explorer that was on the dealers showroom floor at the same time, I bought the Explorer. I never forgot the car and when I retired in 2007 I asked the dealer if he would negotiate a purchase from the original owner for me and he did. The original owner put 1607 miles on it in the first four years and I have put around 5000 miles on it since. It has never been smoked in or driven in rain or snow. It has been kept in a heated garage and never been left out in the sun other than while being driven. With less that 6600 miles on the odometer, it has all of the options including the trunk organizer, 6-CD player, both window stickers and owners manuals. The original owner kept the jacket.
    What asking price are you thinking about?

Quote Originally Posted by FF1077 View Post

Also if anyone has any advice about buying/owning a MM, feel free to educate me, I would appreciate it.
    I wasn't sure if you bought your MM yet or not. I just went thru the research process (also in Or and Wa) and bought one just a week ago. I did most of my research using craiglook and autotrader. Craiglook is one of those websites that helps you search everything in craigslist but you are not limited by the city. It allows you to search by distance (up to 250 miles). On Autotrader, I saved a search and requested to be notified when Marauders came up for sale within 500 miles. I also used google alerts with a description such as "Mercury Marauder Oregon."

Good luck.

I live in Portland and have been looking for almost a year. I'm always a day late and a dollar short. Which one did you get? Did you look at 03 in Marysville, Wa?

Quote Originally Posted by 03sport007 View Post
    I live in Portland and have been looking for almost a year. I'm always a day late and a dollar short. Which one did you get? Did you look at 03 in Marysville, Wa?
    I know what you mean, there appears to be fewer marauders in the NW. I did look at the MM in Marysville. I was planning on purchasing it but came across this black MM in Port Orchard and decided I black was it for me. However, the black one had sold the day before. Sounds familiar? The one I bought came from Spokane, Wa. I found it using craigslist. Good luck on your search.

I ended up buying a Black 04. Its exactly what I was looking for. I will be going to pick it up in the next two weeks or so, depending on my schedule.
    There was black 04 in Gresham Oregon and it sold right after the ad came out.

The one in Port Orchard, was it the 9K mile car?
    I see it isn't on autotrader anymore.
    Thanks everyone.

Thanks everyone.
    Yes, that was a sweet MM. It was a 2004 with sunruf, chrome wheels, 8,700 miles in perfect condition. According to the dealer, the buyer is from New Mexico.

Post again with pics when you pick up your car.

I ended up buying a Black 04. Its exactly what I was looking for. I will be going to pick it up in the next two weeks or so, depending on my schedule.
    There was black 04 in Gresham Oregon and it sold right after the ad came out.

Thanks everyone.
    That's great! Where did you find it? Does it have a sunroof?
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

No sunroof, but other than that it has the heated seats and 6 Disc changer. No spoiler and thats fine with me. I saw one on a Grand Marquis last week and didnt care for it. Its 100% stock and the seller is the original owner. The owner provided me with service records, and I did the Oasis Report as well as a Carfax. Everything checks out.

I've secured the car with a deposit and I will go and complete the deal in a couple of weeks. It’s frustrating because I want to get it NOW, but my schedule isnt going to allow that, and when it does its either Memorial Day Weekend or 9/11. If it’s not then, it’s October.

I will be sure to post a few pics when I get back with it.
    Last edited by FF1077; 08-24-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Removing links.

Congratulations! I'm sure the waiting is not easy!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information