Thread: Please help if you have adjusted the rear ride height sensor

damn what a good day - READ- GOOD Pics

Thanks to everyone who helped, i finally got her done. and wow it looks great and there ARE performance enhancements as well such as less body roll, more "tracking" in the steering and better all around feel. My frots now sit at 27.25 even and my back go between 28.25 - 28.50 GOOD STUFF. The front wheels still have full turning abilities, i.e. no scraping. and O ya while I was banging my head, getting covered with gunk, and cutting my fingers i took some picture so future lower-ers will now what the **** to look for. =)

[IMG]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Marauder Pics\Ride Height 1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Marauder Pics\Ride Height 2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Marauder Pics\Sensor2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Marauder Pics\ProKit Box.jpg[/IMG]

C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Marauder Pics\Slammed.jpg
    Last edited by LVMarauder; 12-02-2003 at 07:14 PM.

Sorry I can't be of much help. I watched my guy do it while it was on the rack. I know it's directly up on the drivers side of the rear-end. I know you loosen...move it (slide it) then tighten it up. You only need to move it like 5mm to adjust the rear an inch.

Hopefully one of our ACTUAL "wrench-turners" and not a guy like me who just keeps handing "wrench-turners" cash will chime in...

thanks Taf

I am 95% sure that the black piece on the silver arm is DRILLED into place there is no sliding, however i did like to where the rope lead a little mor ein detail and see the lever that might control it , so off i go again to try and do something

MI2QWK4U Guest
    If i remember correctly, i had to loosen two different size bolts in order for it to slide. They face towards the rear of the car, my car was on the lift at the time so it was easy to get to.

I WIN AGAIN!!!

All i have to say is **** Ford Motor COmpany for making TWO DIFFERNET SIZE BOLTS needed to move that thing. I retract my earlier statement that it was not possible to slide that thing around. Right now the car is 27 and 1/4 all the way around which is too low in the back so im going under for the 8 time in 2 hours
    to raise it to about 28

DetGeno Guest
    LVMarauder how you like your SCMT? Just order mine from Dennis and looking forward to play with it!

in the mail

my SCMT is on the way to me , half of my mod list is stuff ive bought but not recieved

LVMarauder why are you going with the flowmaster 40's instead of the magnaflows with your kooks exhaust. I ask because I am getting the Kooks long tube setup and am looking for max power with near stock sound levels. I am planning to get the magnaflow 22" mufflers. Thanks, John

Wanna try posting those pics again? We can't see pics that are on your hard drive.
    Dean P. ~ Racerx88
    2004 Mercury Marauder 300A

Silver Birch/Charcoal
    Dig Around in My Garage

TripleTransAm Guest
    LV, you're linking the pictures from your C drive, unfortunately we out here in net world don't have access to your C drive... (yet ).

I'm considering adjusting the rear height UP some 1/2 inch or so. Next oil change (at the dealer since my garage is stuffed full of dead F-bodies for the winter) I'll ask my favorite tech to adjust the sensor a slight bit, once I decide on it. Just a question of getting that rake... I feel my back end is too even with the front. But I'll think about it some more...

One thing I have noticed is that the rear settles to about even or lower than the front, overnight. Ticks me off. I want my MM looking nasty at all times, not just when the key is on. I wonder how long it is considered normal for the rear to drop under no electrical power?

ya

Sorry about the pics ill redo them when i get home. Any tips on how to put those pics in?

John- I've have heard DonP127's setup ( Kook kits with flowmaster 40's) and that is the sound im looking for.

Thread Information