Thread: Blend Door Actuator

Blend Door Actuator

My blend door is having problems. I have read the codes on my eatc at got 024.

Does anyone have the procedure on how to manually engage the actuator or any other way of testing it. I do not know what color the wires are that run to the actuator.

Problem resolved, please ignore.

what was wrong cause im having a issues with it now im thinking the blend door needs to be replaced
    2003 MM, JLT inktake, 98 cobra cams, adjustable cam gears, SW headers Long tube high flow cats stock back, 4:10s, dyno tune 305rwhp, JMOD, SS inserts, lowerd 1in,

1995 buick regal 3.8 daily driver

Yes, please tell how you resolved. I'm getting desperate over here!!

'03 Marauder - "The Backup" -----> SOLD! Now Marauderless
    Adopted June '09
    K&N FIPK, Magnaflows, SCT Tune, Steeda Underdrive pulley, EMP/Stewart high volume water pump, intake spacer, Autolite XP104's
    4/9/11 Remanufactured Marauder engine installed @ 64,400 miles by GNB Auto Repair, Astoria, NY
    Learn from my ignorance....CHECK YOUR OIL!!!

'72 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme - "The Hulk"...gone to the great junkyard in the sky
    '70 Oldsmobile 442 - "The Keeper"...now alive and kicking

I would suggest PM,ing Ken cause he is not on here much since going to the darkside LOL

04 SB-- Alluminator/2.3 Whipple 20lbs boost, 545RWHP/556RWTQ sold!!

2012 Mustang GT Kona Blue-My New Baby!

03 300A- Vortech S-trim A2A 500 RWHP -Sold

03 Marauder KB-S #7- R.I.P.Bought new 06-02
    sent to KB 1-03 #7 but it was the 3rd one they did

Quote Originally Posted by BODYMAN View Post
    I would suggest PM,ing Ken cause he is not on here much since going to the darkside LOL
    Oh ooops....didn't realize thread was so old. Thanks for the heads up.

Adopted June '09
    K&N FIPK, Magnaflows, SCT Tune, Steeda Underdrive pulley, EMP/Stewart high volume water pump, intake spacer, Autolite XP104's
    4/9/11 Remanufactured Marauder engine installed @ 64,400 miles by GNB Auto Repair, Astoria, NY

'72 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme - "The Hulk"...gone to the great junkyard in the sky

I am unsure of why my car was behaving like it was. It was stuck on hot for about a day so I took the eatc out after running the diagnostic checked all the vacuum lines etc. Plugged it back in and it worked ever since.

What issues are your cars experiencing? Maybe it could be worn eatc solenoid o-rings? Mine were original in my 03. My 04 on the other hand had the eatc problem RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by kmastl View Post
    I am unsure of why my car was behaving like it was. It was stuck on hot for about a day so I took the eatc out after running the diagnostic checked all the vacuum lines etc. Plugged it back in and it worked ever since.

What issues are your cars experiencing? Maybe it could be worn eatc solenoid o-rings? Mine were original in my 03. My 04 on the other hand had the eatc problem RIP.
    You're still here!!

Mine blows only hot (really hot!) from correct locations. A/C compressor works and system is charged. I know it's a blend door problem. I've replaced o-rings on original EATC, had blend door motor replaced and now have installed other EATC with o-rings upgraded....all no good.

When I 1st start the car and run diagnostic, I get code 024 and 025. When cleared and run again, I get 024 only. If I sit still and clear the codes a few times, I have gotten cold air to blow. As soon as I start driving, it goes hot.

Another member is parting-out an '03. I've already requested the blend door, motor and plenum. Dealing with this for almost 2 months now, happened right when I put her up for sale. Ever try to sell a car in the summer with no a/c?!? !

Any and all insight welcomed at this point.

Adopted June '09

One would have to be quite crazy to spend hours upon hours to install a USED Blend door Actuator!! Brand new from Ford is not all that much $$ good for a while!!
    2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black
    Build date: 9/26/03 552 of 3214 2004's
    105K miles Second Owner. Charcoal interior Heated Seats All stock with Lidio 91/93 Octane tune 14.85@95.63 with 93 tune only. 96 cobra intake cams in the cellar, pondering TR6060 swap.

Pictures

2004 Crown Vic LX 150K Silver Birch with Light flint leather. Auto dim mirror, EATC and steering wheel radio controls. 21mm marauder rear sway bar and wood steering wheel. MM head unit , MM subwoofer coming (really) 04 P-71 80 mm MAF/ airbox 04 p71 zip tube 04 P-71 PCM swap. Heated mirrors with silver birch endcaps coming!!

Pictures

1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature
    Touring Edition 250K 2004 PI 2V swap complete! Sold

Pictures

74 Laguna S-3 Project car Original 400 Small block

Since the blend door motor is a ***** to replace I'd only get a new one.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thread Information