Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Change instructions

TripleTransAm Guest

Oil Change instructions

Don't know if this has been posted previously, but...

========================

Oil Change instructions for Women:

1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last oil change.
    2) Drink a cup of coffee.
    3) 15 minutes later write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle. Money spent: Oil Change $20.00, Coffee $1.00, Total $21.00.

Oil Change instructions for Men:

1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a check for $50.00.
    2) Stop by liquor store and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20.00, drive home.
    3) Open a beer and drink it.
    4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
    5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
    6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
    7) Place drain pan under engine.
    8) Look for 9/16 box end wrench.
    9) Give up and use crescent wrench.
    11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on face and arms in process. Cuss.
    12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off face and arms. Throw kitty litter on spilled oil.
    13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.
    14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.
    15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter and twist off.
    16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in garbage can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.
    17) Buddy shows up; finish case of beer with him. Decide to finish oil change tomorrow so you can go see his new garage door opener work.
    18) Sunday: Skip church because "I gotta finish the oil change," Drag pan full of old oil out from underneath car. Cleverly dump oil in hole in back yard instead of taking it to recycle.
    19) Throw kitty litter on oil spilled during step 18.
    20) Beer. No, drank it all yesterday.
    21) Walk to liquor store; buy beer.
    22) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket surface.
    23) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.
    24) Remember drain plug from step 11.
    25) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.
    26) Remember that the used oil is buried in a hole in the back yard along with drain plug.
    27) Drink beer.
    28) Shovel out hole and sift oily mud for drain plug. Re-shovel oily> patch of ground and avoid environmental penalties. Wash drain plug in lawnmower gas.
    29) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty litter on oil spill.
    30) Drink beer.
    31) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame.
    32) Bang head on floorboards in reaction to step 31.
    33) Begin cussing fit.
    34) Throw stupid crescent wrench.
    35) Cuss for additional 10 minutes because wrench hit Miss December 1992... In the left boob.
    36) Beer.
    37) Clean up hands and forehead and bandage as required to stop blood flow.
    38) Beer.
    39) Beer.
    40) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.
    41) Beer.
    42) Lower car from jack stands.
    43) Accidentally crush remaining case of new motor oil.
    44) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during steps 23 - 43.
    45) Beer.
    46) Test drive car.
    47) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.
    48) Watch helplessly as car gets impounded.
    49) Call loving wife, make bail.
    50) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.

Money spent: Parts $50.00, DUI $2500.00, Impound fee $75.00, Bail $1500.00, Beer $40.00. Total -- $4165.00
    But you know the job was done right!

AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA....

HEH....

...whew...

Heh...giggle...snort

Damn, /Steve, that was the funniest and TRUEST thing I've read in a long time...especially steps 32-35...heeheehee

Last edited by RF Overlord; 12-06-2003 at 04:51 PM.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Oh Oh Steve. You have tread on the domain of RF. Oil subjects are his

Notice he was first to respond??
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Originally posted by RCSignals
    Oh Oh Steve. You have tread on the domain of RF. Oil subjects are his

Notice he was first to respond??

Let me guess..... that's Metroplexed?????

Steve - Very funny. He He.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

TripleTrans AM, That is a very accurate imagination to the tee.
    Total experience, "Priceless".
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

ROTFLMAO, it's all true!

My first thought as I read through it, was that "this is a joke, and it belonged in the "Joke of the Day" thread."

After reading it through, I thought "no, this deserves better."

Great post, Steve, thanks.

I think I just woke up Gage!!! ROTFLMAO
    2017 Niro

I guess it's been a very long time since I used to be over on the CVN boards, but Sherriff, is that old coot Metroplex still around? I remember his passion he used to have for running a 10w40 oil or something like that in his 00 CV...............

I've seen that thing several times on the internet, and everytime I see it, more stuff get's added on and changed! Me, I choose to just have someone else change the oil for me, especially since i'm hearing how much of a ***** reaching the oil filter is on the Marauder.
    Last edited by junehhan; 12-06-2003 at 10:39 PM.
    2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
    -gone

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Originally posted by SergntMac
    ROTFLMAO, it's all true!

Well yes, it is. I wasn't feeling brave enough to say it though

TripleTransAm Guest
    As I said, I had no idea whether it had been posted on here previously... glad you all enjoyed it (yes, it's an oldie, but still very relevant )

Yah... well... if Jiffy Lube would carry some damn Royal Purple...

TripleTransAm- I have laughed so hard, that I'm having chest pains! Freakin hysterical!!! Thanks for posting it! Now, I will leave for the ER........
    Mike aka "RedMM" 2004 MERCURY MARAUDER aka"Raudey"(born on 09/30/03 came home on 10/23/03)Dark Toreador Red

2004 MERCURY MONTEREY PREMIER aka"MONTY"(born on 05/26/04 came home on 06/30/04)Norcea

Dude, i'm not sure if you even want to people at Jiffy Boob to touch your vehicle. I've heard too many horror stories, and i've experienced my own genuine Jiffy Boob horror story as well. Those bastards forgot to tighten an oil filter on my old Chevy van which popped off while I was driving onto the highway and by the time the oil pressure light came on, it was too late as the engine siezed when I finally managed to pull over into the emergency lane. They also stripped the hell out of the drain bolt on that van, as well as stripping the drain bolt on my mom's old 90 Taurus she used to have a while ago. Also, those guys use a Fram filter, and that's a good enough reason alone, to stay away from them.................
    2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
    -gone

widowmaker Guest

Wink MM Oil Change Instructions

I work @ a Ford dealership,and recomend you have this done @ the dealer.It's cheaper and a lot cleaner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information