Thread: Spotted loose bolt on drivers seat.

adrian36 Guest

Angry Spotted loose bolt on drivers seat.

Factory defect. Some one on the assembly line that built my car forgot to tightened the bolt on the drivers seat. This is the bolt on the rear that when you sit on it will be on the left side. The side nearest the door. To top it of the bolt and not are both stripped. My experience has been that this bolt is actually a stud welded from the outside. How can the dealer repair this?? Will keep you posted.

Thumbs down another seat defect

I had my MM in for a noise in the driver's seat. They ordered a seat frame thinking that was the problem. When they took the seat apart they found that there was a missing clip that holds the lumbar to the seat frame. They also found that the harness for the side air bag was not routed right and in time would have chafed through and caused a short. Quality is not job number 1.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    300A Built on 6/20/2002
    #1777 of 7839

My parents bought a new GM LS premium ultimate edition recently(same assembly plant) that has two very odd defects on the pass side. Front door latch, which is supposed to be held by 3 large bolt/screw type fasteners were never installed. Not sure how that door stayed shut! Rear pass door has a spill on the dog leg which I SWEAR looks like coffee or soda that runs all the way from about window height out the bottom of the door opening to just above the black rocker panel molding. It looks like the clear coat was installed right over the run, so you can see it and feel it, but the shine is over the spill! The car has a beautiful dark charcoal leather interior and since this would require sanding and refinishing the entire dog leg between the doors, we can't decide if it's worth the risk to get dust and over spray on the interior or just leave well enough alone! Appearantly, the pass side quality control dude was on break when this car went by!!!!!
    Mike aka "RedMM" 2004 MERCURY MARAUDER aka"Raudey"(born on 09/30/03 came home on 10/23/03)Dark Toreador Red

2004 MERCURY MONTEREY PREMIER aka"MONTY"(born on 05/26/04 came home on 06/30/04)Norcea

adrian36 Guest

Quality check

I just hope that they took better care of the enging and tranny. This is frustrating. My wife owns a 00 Nissan Max. Never a problem. Not even workmanship issues. Then again it does not have a 302 hp 32 valve V8. Yeah Babay.

adrian36 Guest

Talking Loose bolt repair

I had an idea on fixing this bolt issue. I took the car to a buddy who runs a machine shop and he said that the bolt was fine it was the nut. The nut was the wrong size. Hey, dude putting these cars together......-PICK THE RIGHT BOLT FROM THE RIGHT BIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend rethreaded the nut to 5/16 and it works.

Could have told you it wasn't the bolt --- it was the nut who put it together!

RedMM - I would leave the paint the way it is. IMO you won't be happy with a repaint.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

jgc61sr2002-thanks for responding! I was in your town last month-went to ground zero. Seeing it on tv doesn't begin to put the site in perspective. I was very gratified to see how somber and respectful the people visiting the site were. Saw a policeman with his CrownVic LX Sport??? Gorgeous car! Couldn't figure out what job he would hold to drive this for his "work car!" There were also some very good natured fireman there with a large fire truck that were posing in front of their truck with visitors who wanted photos of the site with them. It was heartwarming to see how kind and respectful both visitors and safety personell were! RedMM
    Mike aka "RedMM" 2004 MERCURY MARAUDER aka"Raudey"(born on 09/30/03 came home on 10/23/03)Dark Toreador Red

2004 MERCURY MONTEREY PREMIER aka"MONTY"(born on 05/26/04 came home on 06/30/04)Norcea

I don't know if anyone was paying attention but the later episodes of X Files had the agent driving a Crown Vic Sport.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    300A Built on 6/20/2002
    #1777 of 7839

That was totally awesome, and I almost cried when the car got blown up in the later episode...........
    2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
    -gone

Thread Information