Thread: so i was thinking about my winter storage options...

so i was thinking about my winter storage options...

i decided against storing it. you guys all listed things you needed to do when storing a car and that got me to thinking about when my car was sitting on the lot. it sat for around 7 months in the outside lot of the dealer's. it only had 6 miles it ,the battery was dead, and the rotors were rusted. that makes me doubt that they even looked at it after they got it. so my question is which is true: new cars can sit for awhile and dont need any care at all OR what kind of damage did the dealer do. i figure its either or.
    "Come to me, Superman! I defy you! Come and kneel before Zod! Zod! "

If it's sitting, wear and tear is zero. You only have to worry about fluids going bad etc. Change them when you start it up again. But only in the weeks to a month time frame.

If you're going to store it for months to years, there is much more prep that has to be done so, for example, your motor isn't rusted. This used to happen quite a bit with older cars (iron block), I don't think it would be so bad for ours (aluminum block).

I drive my CV about 100 km during the spring/summer. I routinely leave it for a month without moving it, and the rotors are rusted too. Not to worry, one stop and they are all shiny again.

I doubt anything was wrong with it. Charge the battery back up, change the oil, fill the gas with fresh and you're off. I'd be more concerned about sun damaging the paint than mechanical.
    2003 Marauder 300eh - Stock

Born: 12/03/2002
    Adopted 02/17/2003

Trilogy #243

AVIC D3
    SS Inserts.
    Metco Control arms and Watts link.
    QA1 8 way adjustable shocks and struts.
    Addco front and rear anti-roll bars.
    Wilwood front brakes.

I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 75 ether.

Woaface has invited EVERYONE up north to park their MMs in his sunny and warm front yard for the winter!
    Mike aka "RedMM" 2004 MERCURY MARAUDER aka"Raudey"(born on 09/30/03 came home on 10/23/03)Dark Toreador Red

2004 MERCURY MONTEREY PREMIER aka"MONTY"(born on 05/26/04 came home on 06/30/04)Norcea

Talking Lets go!

Originally posted by RedMM
    Woaface has invited EVERYONE up north to park their MMs in his sunny and warm front yard for the winter!
    Great idea!

We could call him a week before we what to pick them up and he could wash and wax 'em

Good idea Red MM
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Bigdogjim's EXCELLENT idea!!

How many members do we have up north??? Hopefully Woaface will have lots of icetea made so we can relax and enjoy that nice southern warm weather while he gets all those MMs detailed!
    Mike aka "RedMM" 2004 MERCURY MARAUDER aka"Raudey"(born on 09/30/03 came home on 10/23/03)Dark Toreador Red

2004 MERCURY MONTEREY PREMIER aka"MONTY"(born on 05/26/04 came home on 06/30/04)Norcea

Thread Information