Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phantom Marauder has arrived, insurance horror story too........

Post Phantom Marauder has arrived, insurance horror story too........

Well, the phantom Marauder finally arrived today. It turns out Ford really was telling the truth when they were giving me all of those reasons why my vehicle was so heavily delayed. This vehicle was just definately worth the wait as it's everything i've dreamed about in a beast like this. The engine appears to have pretty good torque as it acclerates just fine, even when it's running at very low rpms. My only complaint is that throttle tip-in is a bit too abrupt and is something I wish was more gradual.

What also impresses me is how awesome this car handles, and how light it really feels! The steering wheel is so incredibly precise, you might actually mistake the Marauder for a german type sport sedan as it's always on-center, and always turns where you want to go. The exhaust note is a bit raspy for my taste, but does sound nice and aggressive, although I wish it was louder.

Here is the horror story:

I had to call my insurance company to get my coverage transferred over to the Marauder, and the response I got was a bit disturbing. When I first got hold of the insurance agent, she asked me what in the world was a Mercury Marauder, which forced me to explain in great detail what it was about. After she enters my VIN, she said the computer popped up that this is not a valid vehicle, and that she would have to talk with her boss to see if they could even insure me because the computer wasn't letting her enter my information in. After about 20-30 minutes waiting on hold, she finally comes back and said that her boss also had no idea what a Mercury Marauder was, and had to manually enter it since there were nothing on the Marauder in the system. She said that they'll get everything corrected, but this is what they would have to do till they get it corrected so that I get covered immediately! She said I must be the first Marauder owner to get a policy with them.............
    2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
    -gone

bigslim Guest
    I don't want to ask something too personal, but who is your insurance carrier? I have Progressive and they are great. No problems with them.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Is it ACME Insurance Co.?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    I'm glad you have your Marauder finally! It's nice that after all the anticipation it still beats your expectations
    Member Number 32

An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Actually, I have progressive too...........

As big as Progressive is, I would have found it difficult to believe that I would have been their first Marauder owner. Progressive is awesome as they provide incredibly customer support, and are always really fast to give you a response on a decision. Their rates are pretty reasonable too and my premiums went down nearly $600 for next year from trading in the Discovery for the Marauder!
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

-gone

Congrats! June!

Glad you are finnaly united with your MM!

Tom

RC, this car has way surpassed my expectations! It's the ultimate harmony of simplicity, performance, practicality, and elegance! Mercury did a kick ass job as I really only have one complaint as I stated earlier. Oh yeah, and I don't like how the torque converter locks up so quickly, and how it grabs for taller gears so quickly................

I suppose Ford did all of that for gas mileage reasons, but a performance car shouldn't have to be restricted by something like that.

-gone

junehhan: Now you can enjoy waht some of has for over a year! A great car! A real sleeper

As for the insurance compay ...well.... sometimes they can get......confused

Welcome and go enjoy the ride........

Early Xmass??
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

The simplest approach is to tell your insurance company your new car is a GM not MM. It works!

Glenn
    Trilogy #124 SOLD - 8/2014
    11.80 @ 117.16 MPH: SSHS9
    1.74 sec - 60'
    443 RWHP/437 RWTQ
    "Stock Internal Engine" - Click Below

most likely what is throwing the Insurance company computer is the M79 code
    Member Number 32

My insurance company said exactly the same and it ended up being the M79 code!!

They eventually found out what they needed to know from Ford!!

Drive it 1000 miles and do a little aggressive acceleration and the computer will not "grab for higher gears" quite as bad!!

Have a blast!!! Sorry the wait was so painful!!

Marauderjack

Congratulations! You'll get used to the pressure needed to avoid that gear shifting.

Thumbs up

Congrats on the car June! I've had mine since June 2002 and I still get a silly a** grin every time I get in the car. Give it some time, the car has to learn your driving habits and that exhaust note gets a little louder as you get some miles on the car. Oh, btw, your new addicition is how to keep is spotless all the time. I'll keep an eye out for a shiny Silver Birch MM on my way through Cinci next Friday.
    Last edited by MarauderMike; 12-13-2003 at 04:43 AM.
    2003 Marauder, 300A, Black/Dark Charcoal
    Adopted August 8, 2007. Retired August 8 2014. Trilogy #234 installed May 2011, SS Inserts, Factory spoiler, widened rims, Nittos, Permachrome rims, 3.2 blower pulley.

2004 DTR/Dark Charcoal,
    Adopted: April 2004 Retired: February 2006
    Trilogy #34 Supercharger,SS Inserts,Factory spoiler,K&N AirCharger,Moonroof,Heated seats,6 disc

2003 300A, Black,
    Adopted: June 2002 Retired: April 2004
    Rienhart stage one.

YEAH!! Another Ohio Marauder!!

Hey Junehhan!! Wow! Congrats on finally having the silver beauty make it to Ohio!! I have 700 miles on my DTR now and the honeymoon continues!! If you want to stretch her legs a bit, hop on I 71 and cruise on up to Cleveland!! The secret to correcting the funny shifts is WOT-works every time!! Good Luck!! Mike
    Mike aka "RedMM" 2004 MERCURY MARAUDER aka"Raudey"(born on 09/30/03 came home on 10/23/03)Dark Toreador Red

2004 MERCURY MONTEREY PREMIER aka"MONTY"(born on 05/26/04 came home on 06/30/04)Norcea

Congrats on the nice new ride. Once you get used to having a powerful engine, the throttle response won't be a problem I'm sure.

Ford forgot to register the MM as a separate car. It is officially a Grand Marquis with the Maraurder Body Code (M75 for 2003 and M79 for 2004). Just like a police version of the Crown Vic (P71). This was a mistake, but they went with it.
    Last edited by JohnE; 12-13-2003 at 06:46 AM.
    2003 Silver Marauder - Forged Iron Engine, Supercharged, SW Exhaust
    2002 White F250 7.3 - Turbo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information