Thread: With Veterans day coming, this is fitting.

With Veterans day coming, this is fitting.

I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Thank you for posting. Very worth while. God bless all service personnel.

I definitely tip my hat to the men and women who have served and who are serving right now. I joined my local fire department because I wanted to protect and watch over my community and the surrounding communities. I also had thoughts of joining some form of military and I regret now not following through with those thoughts. Thank you all for keeping me free! I am forever in debt.
    Marauderless....

Semper fi

"Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

As the previous poster, (and many others here ) know tomorrow is a very special day for us also, 235 years, and still fighting.
    "A street walking cheetah, with a heart full of napalm."

"If You can keep Your Head About You, While Others are Losing Theirs and Blaming It on You..."

"Sometimes it is wiser to remain silent, and seem a fool, than to speak, and remove all doubt."

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."[5]

I liked both links!!! Never been in to Gene Simmons but I like what I saw. Awesome
    2003 (#867 of #7839) 300A Marauder
    #23 MercuryMarauder.net member
    6/7/02 Build Date
    6/17/02 Purchased
    IL Plate MARAWDR
    35%Tint All Around
    Z&M Control Arms
    Real AutoMeter Oil Gauge
    Marauder Hats in rear window
    Rear Bumper Gray Decals
    Trunk Organizer
    OEM Frt Splash Guards
    ProGuard
    Weathershield Marauder Cover
    2XL Marader Jacket
    McGard Wheel Locks
    Marauder Billet Pedals
    Marauder Door Sills
    Denso Plugs IT20's
    8/3/03 Dyno 260.4 RWHP/291.3 Torque

I salute those who fought before me, during, and to those who carry on the tradition! You'll NEVER be forgotten in my household, and I passed the history off to my nine year old son. We recently visited Pearl Harbor and he understands. If he ever decides to join the Armed Forces I'll back him up a 100%. Thank you Veterans!
    "Damned if I do, damned if I don't!"
    Member #8831

MERIDEATH aka "Purrrty Mean" was born on June 20, 2002.
    Production #1685 of 7,838 and is #1685 of 7093 Black Beasts.
    Delivered July 27th 2002, she revealed herself.
    Unable to be tamed by her 1st owner, she was left to roam about & raid in search of plunder.
    Through the pillage she became mine on January 23, 2008 and since then...
    "She's tryin' to make a Devil out of me!"
    -"TaKe 'Em D0wN!" TRILOGY TwinScrew #209 / TS0019-

I liked the idea in Starship Troopers where only people who wore the uniform were citizens. I wish they would bring back the draft for everyone between the ages of 18-20 to do two years of national service. Not everyone is cut out for the military, the two years could be spent doing hospital work, teaching school, peace corps, something. Nothing makes me want to puke more than a bunch of healthy young 20-30 somethingish men all gung ho about "Call of Duty 4 - Black Ops" or some other toy game but without the cohones to actually sign up and actually serve. A little national service would do everyone some good. The military is the great equalizer you know. Rich kid or poor, black, white or green, you learn that by about day 2 in bootcamp. After your active duty is finished you can hold your head up high on Veterans Day, knowing that even if you spent your entire two years at Lackland AFB as a postal clerk you did your bit. A new National Service draft would give everyone an opportunity to serve, rather than just wave flags and rah-rah happy talk the troops and vets as they march by. Great video by the way.
    Last edited by Vortex; 11-10-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    I liked the idea in Starship Troopers where only people who wore the uniform were citizens. I wish they would bring back the draft for everyone between the ages of 18-20 to do two years of national service. Not everyone is cut out for the military, the two years could be spent doing hospital work, teaching school, peace corps, something. Nothing makes me want to puke more than a bunch of heathy young 20-30 somethingish men all gung ho about "Call of Duty 4 - Black Ops" or some other toy game but without the cohones to actually sign up and actually serve. A little national service would do everyone some good. The military is the great equalizer you know. Rich kid or poor, black, white or green, you learn that by about day 2 in bootcamp. After your active duty is finished you can hold your head up high on Veterans Day, knowing that even if you spent your entire two years at Lackland AFB as a postal clerk you did your bit. A new National Service draft would give everyone an opportunity to serve, rather than just wave flags and rah-rah happy talk the troops and vets as they march by. Great video by the way.

I couldn't agree more.
    Semper fi

"Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

I have to work tomorrow, but I guess that's why there's a holiday dedicated to us.

Everyone should serve in the military, it would give me the opportunity to wreck the faces of oh-so-many punk kids.
    The Black Pearl & White Lightning

I enjoyed both clips. The first one gave me goose bumps and made me a little teary. Thank You to all Veterans.
    #1457 of 7839. It is 1 of 7094 in black. "Girls and their toys...whatta ya gonna do???"

Thanks, Vortex

You said it very well--a mandatory service could save this society--our kids would be taught discipline--loyalty--ethics--honor--the value of a human life---what you are capable of.
    It would stop teen gangs--druggies--people with no ethics--punks and make them appreciate the American Way. Did you know that more youths die because of illegal actions than have died in our latest military operations?
    But what can you expect with so few ex-military in government positions. Wake up before our country is run by nothing but unethical, greedy, selfish people (sound familiar) . Sure, we're flag-wavers and proud of it . Capt J.M Seitz and 1st Lt. M.J.Seitz (Maury and Ginny)
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer View Post
    You said it very well--a mandatory service could save this society--our kids would be taught discipline--loyalty--ethics--honor--the value of a human life---what you are capable of.
    It would stop teen gangs--druggies--people with no ethics--punks and make them appreciate the American Way. Did you know that more youths die because of illegal actions than have died in our latest military operations?
    But what can you expect with so few ex-military in government positions. Wake up before our country is run by nothing but unethical, greedy, selfish people (sound familiar) . Sure, we're flag-wavers and proud of it . Capt J.M Seitz and 1st Lt. M.J.Seitz (Maury and Ginny)
    I really enjoyed the videos. It seems that many of our holidays have turned into "just another reason to eat, drink, and shop in excess". I agree with the comments posted by Cruzer and Vortex, 2 years would do a lot of good not only for the those that serve, but for the country they serve.

ROCOB

ps Vortex and Cruzer any good barbecue restaurants along I-20 between Hurst and Rowlett? I plan on rolling through there sometime Saturday.

Thread Information