Thread: Wheel spacers on stock Rim

Wheel spacers on stock Rim

I know I am not the first person to do this, I want to widen the stance of the back wheels by apprx. 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I saw someone on here that widened the wheels spacing by .25" cant find who it is for the life of me.

I am going to cut the front by 1 coil and adjust the rear by .75", and after that get it realigned to carfixer specs.

I wanted to know what good brand of hub centric spacers to get that will do what I want. Also I remember with the 1/4 inch spacing that he mentioned that the lugs did not need to be replaced. I am not sure I like that idea of the nut threading in 1/4" less so I might get new lugs for the rear.

this is the look I am going for.... plus some additional spacing on the rear to match the front.
    I stole this pic from embassy.
    sorry for the long post
    Last edited by kmastl; 08-26-2014 at 09:18 PM.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    i have a set of self centering 1/4" crager spacers i used on an i roc z, they worked well , but i wouldnt go beyond 1/4" anything more and you wont have enough thread left on the stud! ive been considering using them on the mm(ford/chevy bolt pattern) not for a wider stance, but so my rims wont seize up on the rotor hubs
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

kmastl - I know I am not the first person to do this, I want to widen the stance of the back wheels by apprx. 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I saw someone on here that widened the wheels spacing by .25" cant find who it is for the life of me. ...

I wanted to know what good brand of hub centric spacers to get that will do what I want.
    Got mine from Maximum Motorsports ««« -click-
    *Part # MMWS-2

Also I remember with the 1/4 inch spacing that he mentioned that the lugs did not need to be replaced. I am not sure I like that idea of the nut threading in 1/4" less so I might get new lugs for the rear.
    Have had them for 6years now. No issues nor problems.

Quote Originally Posted by motown marauder View Post
    i have a set of self centering 1/4" crager spacers i used on an i roc z, they worked well , but i wouldnt go beyond 1/4" anything more and you wont have enough thread left on the stud! ive been considering using them on the mm(ford/chevy bolt pattern) not for a wider stance, but so my rims wont seize up on the rotor hubs
    Just take a wire brush to the hub mating surface, wipe/clean it off and apply a thin coat of anti-seize on the area where the wheel mates to the hub and you'll be good to go.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlraven View Post
    Just take a wire brush to the hub mating surface, wipe/clean it off and apply a thin coat of anti-seize on the area where the wheel mates to the hub and you'll be good to go.
    thanks birdman, i wire brushed the hub, but ive never tried anti seize ill give it a try
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

subscribing
    2003 Black/Light Flint MM, PROCHARGER D1SC#30, 4.10 GEARS, REAR COOLING MOD, ZACK BIG BRAKE KIT, 3500 STALL, WIDENED REAR WHEELS.

1993 MUSTANG LX HATCH, 347 STROKER, 3.73 GEARS, TUBULAR K MEMBER, TKO 3550 TRANNY, AEROSPACE DUAL PISTON BREAKS.

Quote Originally Posted by kmastl View Post
    I know I am not the first person to do this, I want to widen the stance of the back wheels by apprx. 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I saw someone on here that widened the wheels spacing by .25" cant find who it is for the life of me.

I am going to cut the front by 1 coil and adjust the rear by .75", and after that get it realigned to carfixer specs.

I wanted to know what good brand of hub centric spacers to get that will do what I want. Also I remember with the 1/4 inch spacing that he mentioned that the lugs did not need to be replaced. I am not sure I like that idea of the nut threading in 1/4" less so I might get new lugs for the rear.

this is the look I am going for.... plus some additional spacing on the rear to match the front.
    I stole this pic from embassy.
    sorry for the long post
    well after taking off the rear wheels to do the "bird man fix" with some anti seize i figured what the hell ill try the 1/4" spacers! so i slapped em on and i must admit it looks nice! plenty of stud left
    i can snap a pic if you want to see it, which got me to thinking (uhh ohh) i wonder if i could widen my wheels to 18x10? hmmm
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

Would 1/2" be too much? Who sells the most trusted spacers?
    ┼∞█The Black Bomber█∞┼

Aftermarket Sun Roof, Spoiler and Heated Seats, BC4E Dead Pedal
    PERFORMANCE - ADCO Front and Rear Sway Bars, K&N FIPK Air Intake,
    XCal2 Tuned by DR
    LIGHTS - Self-built HID projectors, True 3000K Osram Foglights
    SOUND SYSTEM - Infinity Reference Speakers All Around, Infinity Reference 4 Channel 465W AMP, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in Enclosed/ported box
    APPEARANCE - Tints w/Windshield Eyelid, SS Inserts, S55 Tail Light Treatment, Full Interior LED Upgrade w/Guages and Cluster, CMS Gods Head Conversion, Custom Floor Mats From CarMotorsports, satin pedals, self-built black and silver pinstriped interior trim and accents

CURRENT PROJECTS - Doing what Ford should have done and gutting the interior...Stay tuned. It's a rather large project.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    well after taking off the rear wheels to do the "bird man fix" with some anti seize i figured what the hell ill try the 1/4" spacers! so i slapped em on and i must admit it looks nice! plenty of stud left
    i can snap a pic if you want to see it, which got me to thinking (uhh ohh) i wonder if i could widen my wheels to 18x10? hmmm
    You could widen your wheels to 18X10, I'll take your wheels, and give you a stock pair and some $$$$, then you can go 18X10, I am just trying to help the both of us you know?
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    You could widen your wheels to 18X10, I'll take your wheels, and give you a stock pair and some $$$$, then you can go 18X10, I am just trying to help the both of us you know?
    Old post bud! as you may know i widened a set to 18x10, then traded them to another member for a set widened to 18x11, and now i had another set widened to 18x10 for the front! just gota order a set of tires!

since i have 30" tall tires on the rear im thinking of nitto 555 285/40 18s(27"tall), or mickeys in a 28x12x18!
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    You know i just actualy read your post!, that deal would make me one hell of a jackass! good one bud! lmao
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    You know i just actualy read your post!, that deal would make me one hell of a jackass! good one bud! lmao
    It's all good.....
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Thread Information