Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY P-1SC Kit Info needed

DIY P-1SC Kit Info needed

I just recently bought a P-1SC Head unit off of Marauderjack . I plan on building my own kit basically along the lines of the FIT kit. Just looking for advice and information any FIT owners can share on what they have changed or upgraded over the years.

Basically what I want is to do the initial install on my stock motor and shoot for 450-500rwhp (stock rotating assembly safe power range). Later on I want to shoot for the 600rwhp range once I get a built motor. I'm sure there will be some items that I'll have to change out later on when I up the boost but would prefer to buy most things once if possible.

I'm trying to do a this as a budget build and spend only $2.5-3k in parts for the first setup. I'll of course do the install myself, and have it towed to my local tuner for the Dyno session.

Quick rundown of what is needed:

• PC-3FCBB-003Procharger Mach1/Cobra Bracket 2001-2004 http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...r=PC-3FCBB-003
    • single GT40 Pump w/20A BAP (will this be good for higher HP #s?)
    • Fuel Filter upgrade
    • Injectors (guessing 48lb for 450-500rwhp, 60s when I go higher)
    • Blow thru MAF- Looking at the Abaco DBX85 but want to also know what others have used or recommend
    • Universal Air-Air IC- What do y'all think of this one? http://www.superchargersonline.com/product_detail.asp?PartNumber= ICE-IC30-F
    • Pipes (custom setup but what size is recommended. Thinking 2.5 or 3" )
    • Blow Off Valve (Vortech Mondo is what I was looking at) any other recommendations?
    • Longer Belt (what do you guys use, I like Gates just need P/N)
    • Different Belt Tensioner or cut the ear of stock unit? (I remember some issues with the Ear hitting the SC Mounting bracket or something. Maybe only an issue on 04 Mach 1s)

I'm sure I have overlooked a couple of items but am building my material list and pricing out various items before I really start flinging the credit card around. I plan on taking my time and shopping around to see what can be had through Ebay and various forums used or on the cheap. Nothing wrong with a used MAF, injectors, or BOV if they are in decent shape.

Any pics y'all can provide of the pipes and their routing would be a tremendous help.

Please also let me know what people have changed or improved on from the stock FIT or other Centri kits.
    Thanks ahead for any and all help you guys give.
    04 SB MM RIP 4/24/09
    Number 553 of 3213 04s, 208 of 993 Silvers 04s

03 SB MM (the new girl)
    Born 5/15/2003, Adopted 7/17/09
    Number 7458 of 7838 03s, 225 of 417 Silver 03s

Mods: K&N CAI, 180° stat, SW headers, custom 2.5" h-pipe exhaust from headers to tips w/Dynomax VT mufflers, Part of the Art Carr Stage 2 tranny kit, rebuilt with Alto Black bands and clutches, deep transmission pan, big ass trans cooler, PI 3.5k rpm Triple disk TC, Dynotech 4" driveshaft, Metco Drive shaft loop and rear CA's, Addco front and rear sway bars, just a bit of powder coating, stock size performance brake upgrades, QA1 shocks in the rear with KYBs in the front, and replaced every stock suspension bushing. Tuner's Inc tuned 298 rwhp/306 rwtq

DR has a thread that covered aspects of the FIT installation. It's on his forum, page 5, "Pro Charger up grades part 1".

This thread may have info useful to your project.

Cheers,

PM Marauder TJA as he has this kit on his car. It only runs low 10s!
    [SIGPIC]

Get the rest of your parts from Reinhart.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

11.90 @ 117.5mph on 93 octane
    324 shortblock, Novi 2000, Now with optional axle removing tires
    Igziabeher

Phil,
    The gt40 and a bap is good till low 500rwhp on our cars. When you get to the 600rwhp mark you may want to consider return style fuel system, or just go return style once and you will be set.
    I have the fuel filter upgrade in my car I will show it to you when we get together next month.
    The I/C is the same as DR's kit
    On the belt I also prefer gates and as you know is all according to the pulley you want to run.
    I like the oem tensioner better, I have an extra key at home that makes it easier to get to it with just a 1/2" rachet.
    On the injectors I would go strait for the 60#'s like that you only spend your coin once.
    Then drive it like you stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    DR has a thread that covered aspects of the FIT installation. It's on his forum, page 5, "Pro Charger up grades part 1".

This thread may have info useful to your project.

Cheers,
    Excellent thread with a few good links also. Also found that hitting the FIT archives has given me a wealth of info. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    PM Marauder TJA as he has this kit on his car. It only runs low 10s!
    Planned on it along with a couple of the other FIT club members.

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    Get the rest of your parts from Reinhart.
    Kind of defeats the whole DIY part of it. I want to make this out of basic parts from various sources that I can get the best deals on like the Eaton swap guys.

I would have just bought a Novi kit if I was going to do that but I want a Phil's custom home made SC setup. That way I can point under my hood and say I built it from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by RR|Suki View Post
    Thanks RR, is this what your running?

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeauty2 View Post
    Phil,
    The gt40 and a bap is good till low 500rwhp on our cars. When you get to the 600rwhp mark you may want to consider return style fuel system, or just go return style once and you will be set.
    I have the fuel filter upgrade in my car I will show it to you when we get together next month.
    The I/C is the same as DR's kit
    On the belt I also prefer gates and as you know is all according to the pulley you want to run.
    I like the oem tensioner better, I have an extra key at home that makes it easier to get to it with just a 1/2" rachet.
    On the injectors I would go strait for the 60#'s like that you only spend your coin once.
    Then drive it like you stole it.
    Straight to 60s it is. Dual GT pumps wouldn't work I take it if it's better to go return style on the fuel system. Sounds expensive, will probably be a back side project I budget with a new motor.

Does it look like there is room for a larger IC with that one installed? Looks like I'll be all over your car next time we hook up.
    Last edited by cougar9150; 01-24-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Nah, I run a 100mm PMAS infinity draw through, but I had to install it so low in the bumper that it has been keeping me from driving on real cold days because I don't want moisture forming ice and such inside it. So I wanna switch to that blow through in the spring when I have some extra cash

Igziabeher

Quote Originally Posted by RR|Suki View Post
    Nah, I run a 100mm PMAS infinity draw through, but I had to install it so low in the bumper that it has been keeping me from driving on real cold days because I don't want moisture forming ice and such inside it. So I wanna switch to that blow through in the spring when I have some extra cash
    Waiting to hear back from my tuner on his preference on Blow thru vs. Draw thru MAFs since he'll be tuning the car. I may end up taking the draw thru route as there seems to be cheaper options available especially used since I can just use a standard Lightning MAF. They are a dime a dozen on various stang sites.

Seems like I can also do the bypass valve setup fairly cheaper than the blow off valve and since I'll be limiting boost until I can afford a engine I may cheap out for now and pick up the stuff from someone else converting to blow thru.

Why is it so low in your bumper? Do you have some thing different than the standard style inlet pipe I've seen on most Centrifugal systems? Most I have seen come across the front of the engine and the filter or an air box is mounted in the factory location. Be interested in seeing your setup if it is a little different from the norm.
    04 SB MM RIP 4/24/09
    Number 553 of 3213 04s, 208 of 993 Silvers 04s

03 SB MM (the new girl)
    Born 5/15/2003, Adopted 7/17/09
    Number 7458 of 7838 03s, 225 of 417 Silver 03s

Mods: K&N CAI, 180° stat, SW headers, custom 2.5" h-pipe exhaust from headers to tips w/Dynomax VT mufflers, Part of the Art Carr Stage 2 tranny kit, rebuilt with Alto Black bands and clutches, deep transmission pan, big ass trans cooler, PI 3.5k rpm Triple disk TC, Dynotech 4" driveshaft, Metco Drive shaft loop and rear CA's, Addco front and rear sway bars, just a bit of powder coating, stock size performance brake upgrades, QA1 shocks in the rear with KYBs in the front, and replaced every stock suspension bushing. Tuner's Inc tuned 298 rwhp/306 rwtq

go for the 60# injectors my tuner ran out of room on my 39's I have 60's and twin gt40 pumps and stage 2 FPDM works great with room to grow. if you would like pictures pm me an email and i'd be happy to send some your way. Also. I would consider DR's pipes and innercooler setup. it's really clean. I just cleaned mine up over the past few weeks relocated the IC and all the plumbing. turned out really nice. going to blow thru maf. next.
    04 twin turbo Marauder custom made by myself 😁
    3800stall freddy Brown 4stbe trans 31 spline rear
    601rwhp 592rwtq @19psi

Quote Originally Posted by cougar9150 View Post
    Waiting to hear back from my tuner on his preference on Blow thru vs. Draw thru MAFs since he'll be tuning the car. I may end up taking the draw thru route as there seems to be cheaper options available especially used since I can just use a standard Lightning MAF. They are a dime a dozen on various stang sites.

Seems like I can also do the bypass valve setup fairly cheaper than the blow off valve and since I'll be limiting boost until I can afford a engine I may cheap out for now and pick up the stuff from someone else converting to blow thru.

Why is it so low in your bumper? Do you have some thing different than the standard style inlet pipe I've seen on most Centrifugal systems? Most I have seen come across the front of the engine and the filter or an air box is mounted in the factory location. Be interested in seeing your setup if it is a little different from the norm.
    Yeah my setup is very different, It would prob be impossible for me to run my pipe over the front of the engine bay for a couple reasons. The Novi 2000 is physically larger than other head units and so where the intake enters it actually touches the radiator as it is so running my pipe across the front would kill more of my already limited fan space. Second thing is that the pipe for the size MAF I run is 4", so space would be an issue in general.

My intake tube goes in the opposite direction since I have space there with the battery in the trunk. When I had a Pro-M MAF it sat right where the battery used to be, but the infinity is so much bigger that it was impossible to make it fit there, so I had to put it down in the bumper.

looked on my computer and I have 0 pics of it, I'm not much of a shutter bug. If I remember tomorrow I'll take a couple.

Igziabeher

Here is a picture for you of my motor with a D1SC. Good luck with your project. Sounds like you are on the right track. And yes, go 60# injectors to start. It will save you money in the long run. Lots of power, plan on spending lots of $$$$. Kinda runs hand in hand.

former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

What I would do is get the pipes and intercooler from DR as well as the blow-thru late model MAF setup on the inlet elbow instead of using a draw-thru. Then you can shop around and get your couplings and clamps on your own. Go ahead and use the 60 lb injectors. I used to have a setup similar to this on my car with a D1SC and it made 660 rwhp.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut View Post
    What I would do is get the pipes and intercooler from DR as well as the blow-thru late model MAF setup on the inlet elbow instead of using a draw-thru. Then you can shop around and get your couplings and clamps on your own. Go ahead and use the 60 lb injectors. I used to have a setup similar to this on my car with a D1SC and it made 660 rwhp.
    Brian, was that power on just boost? What was your CR at the time?

It was on the 5.3 bb/s, 9.5:1, I believe it was 16 psi. On a stock block the setup made 500 psi on 12 psi with an smaller crank pulley, but windowed the block.

My car has never had spray installed, nor do I intend to add it.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information