Thread: SCT Dash Scan

SCT Dash Scan

I'm really considering this product. It can show 4 things at a time, datalig, pull dtc codes, and has a g-load meter built in that can do 1/4mile est.
    You gotta put in the vehicles weight with the driver so it's not like other g-loads on the market, it should be more accurate.

The real benefit is the cost. It's cheaper than the scanguage and does alot more. I would probably want a blendmount to install it under the rear view mirror. I wonder if its backlit for night driving?

What do you think?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-da...edium=Shopping

Its a bit too big for me to wanna mount it on the dash. Good product and the price is right.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

I like my scan gauge, its nice, small and works well.

To me that would be too big to put under the rear view mirror, I could see maybe on the dash so it doesn't block anything.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Look way too big to mount anywhere.....

Mount a Scangauge like this:

“When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I have the aeroforce and love it, even tho is much more money is worthed.
    I agree with fbm, looks too big to mount anywhere.

I wanted to follow up on this thread.

The first thing I want to addresse is "THIS IS NOT A GUAGE" I think most of the response to this thread did'nt consider that. I am not looking for a guage, I'm a tech guy and I want more information than a guage is capable of delivering.

This BIG ole thing has been the best tool to come along for me in a long time. You see, I LOVE to datalog but carring a laptop around invites a breakin and I found the cables and my nice laptop sliding around everywhere did not make me happy. The Dashscan fixes this issue for me and heres why.

This thing datalogs 8 PIDs and will play them back anytime, ignition on/off. This will make it EASY to datalog for all the guys that cant figure it out using their Xcal2~3 units.

I no longer have to worry about a breakin with my laptop sitting in the car, its also a performance meter that also calculates G-Load, 1/4mi ETs, HP/TQ, and everything in between. The best part about it is it comes with all the stuff to trick it out. There is an extra cable that plugs in and supports another 2 external +5vdc sensors, it aslo has a built in thermal loop for IAT/EGT/AFR metering which is a total of 4 external sensors.

For $69.00 shipped what else on the market can do what it does for the same money?
    Last edited by musclemerc; 05-20-2011 at 01:09 PM.

You could mount it the way I have my Sirius radio mounted. It's just a piece of brushed stainless bent to catch around the trim. I have some felt on the back to keep it from scratching and used 3M tape to mount it.

Last edited by BigCars4Ever; 05-21-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

2004 Marauder 300A - Garage Queen

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

LOC: Clermont Florida

Thread Information