Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Catch Can Group Buy!

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    I'm considering a special on my catch cans.
    I'm thinking my specials should run in groups of 10.
    Regular price is 130.00 plus 4% fees

Special will be $115.00 plus 4% paypal fees

Please specify N/A, Trilogy, or Eaton Swap and please include your screenname with the payment

BUMP!!!!!

We need 10 to get this done!
    Here is the list:
    Ctrlraven
    Jimbok1951
    03mmmonroe
    bugsyc
    Filby's Marauder
    Mercnasty
    Last edited by musclemerc; 04-04-2011 at 05:15 AM.

I know alot of you have read my "Catch Can Comparisons" thread, I shared my thought's on why my "Musclemerc Catch Can" is the best choice for various reason's.
    Well hindsight is always 20/20... I read it this morning and kicked myself for not addressing a few other reasons my can is the BEST.

I mentioned the inside lid of the can is where the oil vapors rise, and collect. Eventually, oil dropplets will form and gravity takes the dropplets to the bottom of the can. My cap was engineered to take advantage of this principle. I want the dropplets to form on the inside lid of my can, most other can's forget this one step in design. You dont want the outlet of the can close the lid where all the oil dropplet's form, the vacum will just pull them into the intake *which kills the need for a catch can*

I use a high strength epoxy to create the "ceiling" in my catch can. The inlet to my can (the feed from the pcv valve) is designed to force "wet oil" to the base of the can as Quickly As Possible. Remeber in the comparison thread I said "Brass, SS, and copper act as a catalyst when used in a pcv system" these are the only components inside of my catch can. I also make the ceiling as flat as possible so the oil drops faster, if it were in the dome of the can (like most are) the oil dropplets will stick longer. They will form in the center and follow the shape of the dome till they hit the inside wall, then slide to the bottom

My brass fittings go all the way through the can and the ceiling has been "ported" to force the wet oil down.
    I rough the edge of the lid so the 100% silicone has a good rough surface to bond.

I also make the ceiling as flat as possible so the oil drops faster, if it were in the dome of the can the oil dropplets will stick longer. They will form in the center of the lid and follow the shape of the dome till they hit the inside wall, then slide to the bottom.

Now that the oil dropplets are falling what about the filter? My can has an enclosed filter element. The oil dropplets cant come in contact with the filter.

The tube that delivers clean air to the upper intake is stainless steel and lives half way down the can.

What were you taught to do if your in a room full of smoke?
    GET LOW where the clean air is! I followed that concept in my design so the filter element pulls the air at the base of the can where the air is cleaner.

The drain plug on the base of my can is treated with a high temp oil resistant thread sealer

It also has a rubber "O" ring so it will not leak

I send them out presealed with 100% silicone on both the cap and lid

They come custom made for N/A, Trilogy, and Eaton Swap and is
    THE BEST catch can on the market for your Marauder
    Last edited by musclemerc; 03-25-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Just need 9 more people for this. Hurry up and get yours so I can get mine.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Birdman you already paid so I gotta make it up with you on the cash and add a replacement 3" fuel filter in the box with your other goodies.

Let me know it thats OK with you.

So let me ask this: With the catch can, and I have heard so much about these...would it behoove me to get one now even though i have 100K on my car and there is prolly a lot of crud in the intake....would I need to clean all that out if I plan on getting one of these? and if I do need to clean it out....how do I go about doing this....

I love to add bling to my engine bay!! Do you have any stickers that I can add under the hood for your company....I like performance stickers cause they add some HP too....lol
    MM.NET Member #3943

11/24/04 -'04 Silver Birch , Moon Roof, charcoal Interior,
    12/25/05 - Lower grill Mod - Thanks DEFYANT, 12/29/05 - OEM Spoiler - blankenship aero
    01/06/06 - Vynal Shades - Executive Signs Ltd., 01/06/06 - Silver Stars - MM.net (thanks everyone)
    01/11/06 - Remote start alarm ( North Park Linc. Merc. ), 02/16/06 - Pro Gurard - Reinhart Automotive
    02/24/06 - JLT CAI/RAI - JLT Performance(Jay Tucker), 06/14/06 - Godshead logo locking valve caps (Wes)
    02/14/07 - XCAL2 tuned by Lidio

VEHICLES AND MILAGE :
    04 MARAUDER: 95,XXX (June 09) SOLD 1-28-14
    03 IMPALA: 126,XXX (June 09), Died Oct '11 143K
    01 SUBURBAN: 87,XXX (June 09) Traded in 9-22-12 123K
    07 SUBURBAN LT 4X4 84,XXX (Sept. '12)
    07 INFINITI G35 79,997 (Dec. '11) Her Ride!

I advise everyone to run 2 cans of Seafoam through their MM on the same day, then install my can the following day. This way the intake is as clean as possible. I took mine off and did it, so thats always an option.

When I have time I will start a datalog with some well waited results.
    The Marauder is the ONLY 32V modular motor that runs a heated pcv fitting at the upper intake. Well since my can stops the oil blowby the fitting is'nt needed. Which should result in a cooler IAT, which will enhance HP

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    Birdman you already paid so I gotta make it up with you on the cash and add a replacement 3" fuel filter in the box with your other goodies.

Let me know it thats OK with you.
    No need to send the difference. How about maybe down the road when I buy another product just subtract the difference on like the Rear Head cooling kit or CAI/RAI when you come out with yours?

Quote Originally Posted by SID210SA View Post
    So let me ask this: With the catch can, and I have heard so much about these...would it behoove me to get one now even though i have 100K on my car and there is prolly a lot of crud in the intake....would I need to clean all that out if I plan on getting one of these? and if I do need to clean it out....how do I go about doing this....

I love to add bling to my engine bay!! Do you have any stickers that I can add under the hood for your company....I like performance stickers cause they add some HP too....lol
    I added mine after 150k miles and my upper/lower intake had never been removed off of the car. If you saw my thread you know how nasty it was. As far as my thought on it, I would pull the upper/lower intakes and clean them real well and install your catch can at the same time. This way it will stay clean from here on out.

I can't believe how much the one I made has already caught since I installed it a few months ago. High mileage engines will have more oil blow-by and the catch can is a great resource to capture that blow-by and help keep things cleaner and ensure good performance. Oil vapors will lower fuel octane, how much? I have no clue but still isn't good.
    Last edited by ctrlraven; 03-24-2011 at 12:31 PM.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Exhaust by Greg

I'm with you on this, although I may have missed something: The analogy about fire/smoke, and getting down lower is completely unrelated to this.
    In fact, you would want to put the dirty air down low, and take the clean air from up high.
    Reason is, the heavier oil should stay down, while the lighter air should stay up.
    Think about a drip leg, say....on a gas pipe, or even compressed shop air.

Actual smoke rises, because heat rises.

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    I'm with you on this, although I may have missed something: The analogy about fire/smoke, and getting down lower is completely unrelated to this.
    In fact, you would want to put the dirty air down low, and take the clean air from up high.
    Reason is, the heavier oil should stay down, while the lighter air should stay up.
    Think about a drip leg, say....on a gas pipe, or even compressed shop air.

Actual smoke rises, because heat rises.
    That's all a good point.

The way I have my catch can setup is opposite of Travis'. I have the intake side of the catch can attached with a brass pipe that extends down to the bottom of the can with a SS mesh pad wrapped around it and several holes drilled in the brass pipe on the lower half of it. The exit side has nothing connected to it on the inside.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Exhaust by Greg

I would put my name on this but I have to wait.

I am willing to get one from you but I can not do it till the end of next month musclemerc.

Already bought the paint and trany fluid I needed to work on this years mods this month which taped me out.

Bought Her for my 40th B Day in August of 2004 @ Crest Lincoln Mercury
    Assembled 12/17/2003
    #1183 of a build of 3214
    and is #379 of 1237

Link to Mod's and car:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...o=view&id=8832

Link to Pictures of the Kids/Animals, Cars I have built or a hand in building as well as cars and trucks I have owned.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...php?albumid=16

Let me know when your ready Leo. Glad to see you post!

Im in!
    But I need that "SPECIAL EDITION".

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

musclemerc u are a dam genius, i may have to get in on this but I have a few other things i need to take care of first.
    2003 Black MercNasty
    Diablo Predator Tunned
    JLT CAI
    Ford 4:10 Gears
    Drill Slotted rotors
    Aero Turbines 2525
    Pirelli Tires
    Ford Bob White Chrome Bumper insert- Overpriced

Coming soon
    Valentine 1 radar detector
    Tinted Windows
    Stereo System
    And maybe more Engine Mods

I have the Trilogy Twin Screw. I assume the PCV stuff is the same as the Eaton based Trilogy setup. I'll take one of these along with a fuel filter.
    1996 Impala SS - 12.67 at 108 mph
    367 rwhp/ 368 rwtq

2003 300a Twin Screwed - 12.3 at 110 mph
    396 rwhp/ 414 rwtq with box tune

458 rwhp/ 463 rwtq with Lidio tune, Stainless headers, JLT, and 60lb injectors. Tuned on 91 octane. - 11.775 at 118 mph.

Now - 600 rwhp/ 552 rwtq, on E85. Tuned by Jeff at MO's. Waiting for the drags to reopen next spring to hopefully dip into the 10's.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    Im in!
    But I need that "SPECIAL EDITION".
    He's going to need the PINK powdercoated version

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information