Thread: coyote!

coyote!

Has anyone contemplated the 5.0 coyote swap to the mm? Or will the new 6spd at least fit the mm 4.6?

Quote Originally Posted by O3 pharoh View Post
    Has anyone contemplated the 5.0 coyote swap to the mm? Or will the new 6spd at least fit the mm 4.6?
    The new Coyote and the 4.6L's have the same bellhousing bolt pattern.
    FRPP dealer owner of SpartaPerformance.com
    We are an authorized independent AMSOIL dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by O3 pharoh View Post
    Or will the new 6spd at least fit the mm 4.6?

Which Trans both auto and manual are 6spd?

As far as the MT-82 it's max TQ capacity is per GETRAG 383.48 there are much better options for our heavy cars. Will it fit yes obviously there will be cross member and drive shaft work needed plus the clutch control system will need to custom

Now the auto 6R80 I would give a nut for a stand alone control module as this is what my car would have. Will it fit yes obviously there will be cross member and drive shaft work needed plus the control module issue
    My garage
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=10419

04/30/11
    1/8 mile 7.7430 at 89.24
    1/4 mile 12.16 at 110.66(calculated)

To replace the MT-82 JPC has a high torque 6 spd manual transmission, that would be a good option.

auto

just liking the idea of the six spd auto actually. as much as I love manual gear boxes lidio has turned me for daily drivers that's for sure. if there is a better option out there for a 6spd auto for this car I'm down for pricing option. just needs to hold enough for the addition of a turbo in the future.

Yes,
    I called Kurgan Motorsports a few weeks ago and asked Bob a 'guesstimate' on swapping a Coyote into a Marauder.
    He said that lots of things need to be fabricated, plus two more computers need to be purchased-added-tuned:
    One to run the 5.0 engine and another to control the automatic transmission.
    You'd be starting at around $25,000.

Too many other ways to go when you start talking about 25 large for an engine swap.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    Yes,
    I called Kurgan Motorsports a few weeks ago and asked Bob a 'guesstimate' on swapping a Coyote into a Marauder.
    He said that lots of things need to be fabricated, plus two more computers need to be purchased-added-tuned:
    One to run the 5.0 engine and another to control the automatic transmission.
    You'd be starting at around $25,000.

Too many other ways to go when you start talking about 25 large for an engine swap.
    ZOINKS!! I never did the math myself but I think that would be an accurate price. Those FRPP swap kits aren't meant for vehicles currently with a modern engine, it's for a Cobra Replica kit car, 30's Duece or 5 window coupes etc.... I agree with Joe $25,000 you can do a lot to your Marauder

The swap computer is only set up for a manual trans AT THIS TIME Ford never offered the 5 speed Auto trans control in any of the 3V 4.6 crate engines either so I would not hold out too much hope.

One can use another beefier trans like one from a GT-500 or Viper etc instead of a stock GT 6 speed manual. this will bring you down to perhaps 2 computers if you need to retain the stock PCM for any other functions the Mustang will not support.

In time someone will crack the factory GT PCM so you can run the 6 speed auto and use recycled Engine/Trans from the inevitable wrecked Mustangs. This has been done with the 3V system AFIAK
    2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black
    Build date: 9/26/03 552 of 3214 2004's
    105K miles Second Owner. Charcoal interior Heated Seats All stock with Lidio 91/93 Octane tune 14.85@95.63 with 93 tune only. 96 cobra intake cams in the cellar, pondering TR6060 swap.

Pictures

2004 Crown Vic LX 150K Silver Birch with Light flint leather. Auto dim mirror, EATC and steering wheel radio controls. 21mm marauder rear sway bar and wood steering wheel. MM head unit , MM subwoofer coming (really) 04 P-71 80 mm MAF/ airbox 04 p71 zip tube 04 P-71 PCM swap. Heated mirrors with silver birch endcaps coming!!

Pictures

1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature
    Touring Edition 250K 2004 PI 2V swap complete! Sold

Pictures

74 Laguna S-3 Project car Original 400 Small block

Wold it be possible to re-pin a navi computer to work in the marauder? If possible that would control the 6 speed auto trans.

little confused( bring the jokes, I know they will come.) is it a crazy process to take a wrecked gt and take the motor trans and computer out? or is it too running with two computers? just trying to see if you can take the whole setup and mend with the mm body etc.... guessing there would be some draw backs to other areas computer may cover. thanks ahead for the clarification and jokes!

You can use the mustang computer to control the engine/trans and the marauder computer to send the signals to the dashboard.

The beauty of the 6 speed auto trans is that is has a 4.xx 1st gear. Combine that with a set of 4.10 gears and both n/a and centri marauders will be able to get out of the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by na svt View Post
    You can use the mustang computer to control the engine/trans and the marauder computer to send the signals to the dashboard.

The beauty of the 6 speed auto trans is that is has a 4.xx 1st gear. Combine that with a set of 4.10 gears and both n/a and centri marauders will be able to get out of the hole.

well if I hit the Lotto or business picks up, we may just see this, nice custom tubular front end too!

Thread Information