Thread: Hot Rod's Report on 2003 Mustang

Post Hot Rod's Report on 2003 Mustang

I went grocery shopping with the wife and picked up the latest issue of Hot Rod magazine where it compares the 03 Cobra to an AWD Subaru something. To get to the point the 1/4 mile ET for the Cobra is 13.30 @ 109.xx mph with a reported 60' time of 2.25 seconds , is this possible??? my MM's 60' is 2.24 seconds stock. Do this people know how to drive????
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

Well the Cobra has a "rated" HP of 390,It has a stick and yes takes some skill to drive well off the line.So on stock tires with an average driver thats about right.

If you want real numbers on the Cobra look to MMFF those guys are not afraid to send a broken car back to Ford on a hook.

TripleTransAm Guest
    The S/C'ed Cobra is supposed to have about 100 hp up on my LS1 (both are factory underrated, BTW). I pull 107+ mph in the quarter in my heavy T/A, at about 13.4 . Either the test car is badly in need of break-in mileage or these boys were taking it real easy (or the damned car just couldn't hook on the track).

TripleTransAm Guest
    Originally posted by cyclone03
    If you want real numbers on the Cobra look to MMFF those guys are not afraid to send a broken car back to Ford on a hook.

ROFLMAO!

I have driven the 03 Cobra and it has traction control, and I can tell you for a fact that I can launch the damm thing with traction control on or off faster than my MM. every single time and I have not driven a stick on a daily basis in over 20 years, they must have some really driving impaired fools at Hot Rod to get a 2.25 60' time on that Cobra.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    TIMESLIPS
    Visit my Garage

You tell'em Javier!!! And to think...when I met you a few months ago, you were a "1st timer" at the track...now listen to you...

I know Todd and I was really, really nervous... but when I was younger and crazier....a really long time ago, all I had to drive were 3 or 4 speeds, some were on the column and I taught my 3 sons to drive their 5 speeds, so it justs irks me that Hot Rod can only get a 2.25 launch from a Cobra just 'cause it has a stick.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    TIMESLIPS
    Visit my Garage

Thread Information