Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Clubbin" with the IMOA...

"Clubbin" with the IMOA...

Whew!

Okay...This is like the 10th time I've written this post and tried to post it in the last four days, only to have some computer issue pop up and stop me from getting this done. Meanwhile, I have half a dozen requests via e-mail asking me to forward what I'm trying to explain in this post. Jeeze Louise! Something must be getting through, or, y'all are thinking likewise.

For you new cookies, the first National Marauder Roundup was planned as a one-time event staged along side a "Fun Ford Weekend" in Ennis Texas, back in Sept, of '03. Everyone who visited this site then were invited to attend, MM owner or not. Moreover, our "National Member" tag meant all owners living in North America, not just those inside American borders. My my, how things have changed since then.

Nonetheless, Ennis came to be nick-named "Marauderville," and while this event was planned and carried out, none of us ever expected that we would want to do any of this "Marauderville" stuff again. ROTFLMAO, were we wrong about this or what?

Since Marauderville, many of us have become real road hogs. Driving fools hooked on sawed-off weekends OTR, just to meet up with other MM owners and supporters. Collectively, we have logged many miles doing exactly that. So, while this OTR "face to face" stuff has been seductive, reading maps and traveling light has paid off too. The joy of meeting and making new MM.Net friends at the next exit, is well documented in our threads. This "handshake hospitality" has been exciting, and no one here has yet to report any disappointment.

I'm not surprised that plans for a '04 Roundup are cooking on the stove right now, can y'all smell it? Just like Momma's busy in the kitchen, and y'all are getting more hungry now too. Well, the chief cooks of Marauderville II are the heroes of Marauderville I, Bob and Jean Mathis. Mary (MM03MOK) and I have signed on to the '04 team as kitchen help, and more kitchen help is needed, contact one of us to sign up.

Our poll is about where we are going to stage Marauderville II and there are two choices. Indy and Bristol are both equally exciting. Indy excites me, this event is built around a two day weekend event planned and managed by the "International Mercury Owner's Association," herein known as the IMOA.

IMOA's annual International car show is already scheduled and the IMOA has some neat stuff planned, more on that later. What is important for you to know now, is that the IMOA has extended an invitation to us MM owners here at the MM.Net, to attend their International event at Indy. This generous invitationoffers us something we do not yet have. Our very own and very real MM club.

The IMOA is often thought of as "collector's," or, "antique car" club, which we do not qualify for. However, the '03 Marauder wasn't around when Jerry Robbin formed his club, and today, Jerry Robbin wants us in his club. Thank you, Jerry.

The IMOA offers us a real time organizational chart, a real structure, with real and in-house event planning, and real management that can handle the scale of an International meet. Benefits continue with stuff like housing management, side event admission, club awards, and a very slick quarterly magazine we can wrtie articles for and see ourselves in International print.

To participate in the Indy event, we must be members of the IMOA. To be members solves a lot of "Roundup" headaches. To participate, is much too exciting to talk right about now, but trust me when I say that it won't be just a two day weekend.

Jerry Robbin has donated a lot of membership stuff to us already. I have 100 copies of "Quicksilver," the IMOA's slick quarterly mag, as well as applications for membership in the IMOA, and registration forms for the Indy event.

I had planned to send this stuff out to y'all who are registered in in Mary's "membership mailing list," but one package mailed out is a dollar eighty-six to the USPS, which "86-ed" this idea when it was "X 100" members. I don't mind the coins between friends, but why should I spend them blindly?

Mailing out to MM.Net members who are not interested in the IMOA or Indy, is a waste of my coin, right? So...E-mail me at SergntMac@aol.com with your real time home addy, zip, and I'll front you the cost of the package, k? This means e-mail, not PMs or messanging through MM.Net, got it?

Hopefully, every one of y'all who show because of me, will buy me a beer in our '04 Indy Roundup corral...

Y'all e-mailing me, I need to read your;

Name
    Street Address
    City, Stae, Zip
    Screen name here @ MM.net.

This post can be refined, but I had to start somewhere, eh?

Hi All,
    I want to say that what Mac is saying is good. I know most of you want to know something about what is being worked out for 04. I have talked to Mac , Logan and other's. I will be putting out what I think in the next day or so.
    Please remember we want to have fun and do the best we can for all of us. So please be patient with us.
    I too have some IMOA Item's to mail out so PM me, call (334) 894-6278 E-Mail me at bjm03mm@entercomp.com.
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Metco D/S Loop,Boxed Lower Rear Control Arms
    New Made Upper Rear Control Arms
    Boxed Watts Link,Ford Finned Rear End Cover
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Daniels Coil Covers and Buttons,Nitto 255/45 front
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

I like the idea Sarge! I'll email you my addy right away.
    Indy is a very exciting place and has a lot stuff to offer (Kenny Brown, Indy Museum, Brickyard, .....)
    I especially like the idea of a "real" organized club and would be happy to support it anyway I can.
    300A Stock MM03 born on 6/25/2002 - sold June 2010!
    (owner from 8/26/2002 - June 2010)

- Production# 2003 of 7838
    - @17000miles 1/4 in 15.1s@93.3mph
    - 180 TStat
    - 235/50/18 on all four corners
    - Dyno tune by SCT (Jerry W.) on 04-03-04
    @ 260.7 hp/285.5 ft-lbs
    - Front and rear EBC brakes with SS lines
    - PHP upper & lower rear control arms
    - Metco C/F intake tube
    - Infinity speakers

bigslim Guest
    Looking forward to this meet. Mac, I have no problem buying you, Bob and Logan a drink. Will look forward to meeting a lot of you there.

Bob, Logan, Mac,
    Thank you for your efforts at bringing about Marauderville II. We will plan on attending regardless of where it is held!!! Pls count my wife (Joan) and me in on the event!
    GordonB
    2003 MM DBP (BLUE) (300B) w/Lt Flint (Hers); htd seats, 6 CD. PCM s/w level CRD1.
    Mods:Trunk Liner from Decklid Designs, Sunroof (ASC Model 840), McGard wheel locks, Godshead badges--steering & grill (fm Ron), Mac/Marty's Fender Badges, Silverstar Headlights, FLM accs--rear spoiler, door edge guards & trunk organizer. Bob White graphics. KB Dead Pedal & Polished Alum. Pedals. M&Z rear cntrl arms. DR (Addco) rear sway bar (24mm). Pro-Gard rear close-out panel. TCE Perf. braided SS brake lines.
    Born 5/22/03 and adopted 7/21/03. One of 328 DBP for 2003 out of 7838. Build seq. nbr: 7500 of 7838. Color seq. nbr: 282 of 328.

2004 DTR MM w/Lt Flint (His) with htd seats, 6 CD, Fact. Sunroof; born 6/15/04, adopted 7/8/04; one of 980 DTR for 2004 out of 3213. Upgraded same as Blue MM. Build seq. nbr: 3165 of 3214. Color seq. nbr: 973 of 980.

Other cars: '00 'Vette Coupe (Nassau Blue). '14 Vette Coupe (Lime Rock Green)
    Car Clubs: MBCC

Thanks Mac, I owe you a beer.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

Send it on, Sarge. You know I'm always good for a beer or two!
    2003 MM 300A
    Born June 18, 2002
    Adopted Christmas Eve, 2002
    First Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 81,000 miles
    Second Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 101,000 miles
    Ford Racing 4.10's
    Reinhart/XCal2 Custom Tune
    Reinhart Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Conical Air Filter
    Reinhart Exhaust with 18" Magnaflows
    Silencer Removed
    Bosch Micro Edge Excel Wiper Blades
    Bob White Red Bumper Inserts
    Lone Star Beer in cup holder
    Fellowship of Christian Cowboys
    license plate bracket

God and the soldier we adore, In times of danger, not before.
    The danger gone, the trouble righted, God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Cynicism is the smoke rising from the ashes of burned out dreams.

That's 20 beers y'all...

Well, as wise men say, 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. That can't be a coincidence.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

I would beg of you to remove those shameful "***" from my name sir! I made everything right late last night with Bunny! Please! I beseech you!
    Dave

Mac,

Chris and my information will be heading out to you shortly, we're in, Indy or Bristol for Marauderville II.

My question here is if we join IMOA will we lose our idenity as MM.net and be absorbed into a larger club? I had more to ask, but just got wiped by a Major brain fart!!

Can't wait for the party to start. Instead of beer I'll buy you a Scotch. Thanks for all the hard work, if I can help out let me know.

Gordon
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Originally posted by Haggis
    My question here is if we join IMOA will we lose our identity as MM.net and be absorbed into a larger club?
    Here's my thought on this........ Each has its place and they are not mutually exclusive.

IMOA gives us structure and support as needed. It gives us the opportunity to share this wonderful car with other Mercury enthusiasts. We're already meeting as groups of Marauder owners around the country. We'd be doing the same thing if we only belonged to IMOA.

As Marauder owners, we represent a chapter in Mercury history not yet documented and QuickSilver is a perfect way to share our experiences. We have our own identity within IMOA. While IMOA has a message board, little pertains to our cars at the moment, but we can change that, to help educate other Mercury owners.

I'm not at all suggesting we abandon MM.Net. MM.Net will always be our means of cyber communication and our cyber Home. MM.Net brought us all together and can only get better. We can still have our own dash plaques for IMOA@Indy.

Whatever the label, we're Marauder/Panther owners and enthusiasts that have made friends across the country and across the borders. The more opportunities we create to meet one another, the better it gets!!
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

I received my package today, thanks Mac. And therefore disregard this mornings email, I should have known you would have sent one to me regardless of my asking.

I have one question though. In the IMOA reg. for the Indy get together in the fee section on the back, they ask if one wishes to "lap" the Brickyard for a 'special insurance fee'. The wording concerns me. And wording is particular with these IMOA folks. Note that we don't meet the 'show car' requirements....anyway, they word it as follows:
    "Special insurance fees to have your classic Mercury take a lap around the Indy 500 track...."
    Alot of folks have these dreams of circling the track, but are we classic in the IMOA opinion?
    2017 Niro

Originally posted by Agent M79
    I would beg of you to remove those shameful "***" from my name sir! I made everything right late last night with Bunny! Please! I beseech you!
    Arrgh! Okay! Okay Dave, you have a clean bill of health. So do a few others who have e-mailed me. I didn't mean to upbraid anyone, I was trying to exactly the opposite! Fill in some blanks, nothing more. I'll be updating that post first thing in the AM anyway, K?

Originally posted by Haggis
    My question here is if we join IMOA will we lose our idenity as MM.net and be absorbed into a larger club?
    "Still checking, please hold..."

Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
    I have one question though. In the IMOA reg. for the Indy get together in the fee section on the back, they ask if one wishes to "lap" the Brickyard for a 'special insurance fee'. The wording concerns me. And wording is particular with these IMOA folks. Note that we don't meet the 'show car' requirements....anyway, they word it as follows: "Special insurance fees to have your classic Mercury take a lap around the Indy 500 track"
    Alot of folks have these dreams of circling the track, but are we classic in the IMOA opinion?
    Well, Mary didn't ask me first, and I haven't spoken with Bob or Jean since before Xmas. Nonetheless, I am operating on the words of Jerry Robbin last spoken to me in mid December, '03.

Yes, driving on Brickyard pavement is an extra payment, and NO, it's no longer restricted to "classics." Ummm...Wait a minute...Incomming, DUCK!

Originally posted by MM03MOK
    Here's my thought on this...

IMOA gives us structure and support as needed. It gives us the opportunity to share this wonderful car with other Mercury enthusiasts. We're already meeting as groups of Marauder owners around the country. We'd be doing the same thing if we only belonged to IMOA. As Marauder owners, we represent a chapter in Mercury history not yet documented and QuickSilver is a perfect way to share our experiences. We have our own identity within IMOA. While IMOA has a message board, little pertains to our cars at the moment, but we can change that, to help educate other Mercury owners.

I'm not at all suggesting we abandon MM.Net. MM.Net will always be our means of cyber communication and our cyber Home. MM.Net brought us all together and can only get better. We can still have our own dash plaques for IMOA@Indy.

Whatever the label, we're Marauder/Panther owners and enthusiasts that have made friends across the country and across the borders. The more opportunities we create to meet one another, the better it gets!!
    Whew...That was close, Mary, thank you. Once again, you're right on the money, and on time with this post. May I help you with some added detail?

Listen up, y'all...Joining the IMOA holds us back from nothing and improves everything we have here at the MM.net right now.

The IMOA has also had to make some changes in their structure to accomodate/assimillate us "new Marauder" owners that come on board with them.

Rules they live by were written to shape, form and build a Mercury Owner's club that fit their needs 10 years ago.

We did not exist then, and even when we first appeared on their radar a year ago, they knew not what to make of us. Are we truley genuine Mercury owners? Or, are we just dressed up/disguised police cruisers? Cheap town car left-overs? It has not been any more clear to them, as it is to us. If you think your selling dealer has been confused, just you wait.

Meanwhile, Jerry Robbin is their founding father, and much like our respected Logan here, Jerry speaks for the IMOA at large. Jerry Robbin promises us full membership, all "classic" restrictions are removed, or, adapted to meet our needs. Full membership benefits are 35 bucks away, with one exception.

No one in the IMOA knows how to judge our cars. If we participate in the IMOA's International Show on July 31, '04, we will have to agree/appoint/select our own judges. Other than this, we are full IMOA members, and their paperwork will get eventually be updated, corrected and repaired, as we continue to be IMOA members.

This "new Marauder" element establishes a new "chapter" in IMOA history, and IMOA structure too. The way I see it, everything we have going for us here at the MM.Net continues in forward growth without a hitch, it can only get better, yes?

We have our own web site now, which is better that the IMOA site, and we have welcomed older Mercury models from day one. We may see new members here, after we meet them in Indy and this is good, yes?

May I remind y'all that over a year ago, Dennis Reinhart offered us "club pricing?" Ever since then, I've wondered what "club" he meant. Once all of us join the IMOA, we have a club that will help us when we want to get together, or, seek special pricing on stuff. 10 years ago, the IMOA was making deals and breaking things down for it's members. Where were you 10 years ago, and what were you doing then?

The MM.net is a great web site, perhaps the best web site ever, we have made that kind of news. But, the MM.net is just a web site, right? No obligation, no worry, no trace. Log on, read, comment, praise, remark, upgrade, spit, insult, chat, joke, boast, repair, upgrade, laugh, spit, cajole, embarass, jibe, embarassed, laugh, listen, angry, cool, brag, chat, read, meet, news, friend, drive, upgrade, replace, repair, cry, hug, meet, log off...what?

If having a screen name here earns me any discount, cool. However, the IMOA is a real club, with real rules, real structure, and a real magazine. It's another 35 bucks a year on this car, yes. And 35 bucks a year on top of all the other investments we have made. But, this investment returns something a lot more valuable than 35 bucks to us too.

Quicksilver. A magazine, glossy paper hardcopy. Get it, read it, store it, read it again, maybe with a granchild's finger in hand?

"Yeah, we were here then...Look now, see? Yeah, that's me, yeah, it was a long time ago, yeah, Granpa! yeah...What are you laughing at young lady? Well, yeah, she's right outside here, oh you wantogoferarideagain eh? Better ask Mommy first..."

Did I miss anything?

Rules are getting changed on both sides, let's see where this goes? Maybe the rules from somewhere else are changing too?

This is a grand step forward in the adventure of having this wonderful autombile. We are getting positive information here. I like every word of it. SergntMac, I look forward to meeting you on Sunday in Dundee.

Very cool.

Thanks MAC.
    2017 Niro

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information