Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW!!! I like THIS!!! New Lincoln Aviator

WOW!!! I like THIS!!! New Lincoln Aviator

Here's your new SUV Marty!!!!

New Lincoln Aviator

Marauderer Guest

Wow

I think I found a new car for my wife! I better not let her see it or my pocket book is going to be in trouble!

now that is a nice coon dog hauler...ole scrapy would ride in style...
    ---------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder BLACK
    SS inserts
    Addco sway bars
    JLT CAI
    4.10's
    MO's custom tune
    275 rwhp/303 lbs. torque

Long Live #3 Guest
    Didn't Lincoln already come out with an Aviator?

Marauderer Guest

YEP

But it was just a litle smaller version of the Navigator, this looks like a whole new monster!

The back window would cost $3,000 to replace.

It's a beauty. Definitely looks Lincoln'ish!
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    300A Black/DCharcoal
    Reinhart Stage I w/SCT Custom Tuner & 4:30's (install in progress!)
    FlowMaster Deltaflow 40's; K & N Filter
    McGard Wheel Locks; SS Inserts
    Smoked rear Liscense Plate; No front LP Bracket.
    Born: 10.08.02; Dlvrd From Windy City
    Adopted 8.10.03 12:15 AM
    Goals: Stage II, III . . .

LL 1969 AMX - 390, Doug's Headers, Al Edolbrock Highrise, Shelby Cam/Kit, Crager, ET Bars, Accel, Holley Dual Line 780, Hurst, SW gages, cus clutch, T10. elect fuel pump, 11" RT's.

Here's another nice entry....

DETROIT ? Lincoln has a tendency to add luxury where luxury has never been. With the Navigator, the brand established a full-size luxury sport utility vehicle segment six years ago.

Now, Lincoln will deliver a luxury pickup truck.

At the 2004 North American International Auto Show, a preview concept of Lincoln's 2006 Mark LT combines the functionality of a full-size pickup with the luxury of a premium brand. As one of five new Lincoln vehicles slated to launch over the next four years, the Mark LT blends contemporary and timeless design and is the open door for an entirely new and growing customer base into Lincoln showrooms.

"The Mark LT offers a level of luxury and sophistication never before seen in a pickup truck," says Darryl Hazel, Lincoln-Mercury president. "This is a Lincoln for people who own land and have active lifestyles."

Derived from the new 2004 Ford F-150, recently named North American Truck of the Year and Motor Trend's Truck of the Year, the Mark LT will be available in both two- and four-wheel-drive configurations with four full-size doors and a 5.5-foot box. It's an authentic full-size pickup truck powered by a 5.4-liter, three-valve TritonTM V-8 engine harnessing 300 horses and 365 foot-pounds of torque.

Like the F-150, the Lincoln Mark LT is set on a confident, hydroformed frame that forms a closed "box" for increased stiffness, stronger attachment points and excellent ride-and-handling capabilities. The coil-over-shock, long-spindle double wishbone front suspension reacts to absorb bumps and withstand steering forces for stronger road connection.

The Mark LT show truck's cabin is blanketed in lightly colored, velvety, anti-scratch premium leather.
    This year's show vehicle signals the future production Mark LT's design direction with wide tail lamps, thick spoked wheels and a dominant grille that combines traditional Lincoln lines with a new solid center. An illuminated and prominently anchored Lincoln star is its showpiece.

Chrome wraps the length of the vehicle, trims the tail lamps and plates the truck's 20-inch wheels. Accents are found on the front and rear bumpers, side mirrors, door handles, box rail moldings, lower cladding, running boards and on the roll tip exhaust. Four Lincoln stars embellish the wheel caps, and another is illuminated at the center of a decorative tailgate appliqué.

The Mark LT show truck's cabin is blanketed in lightly colored, velvety, anti-scratch premium leather ? along the headliner, steering wheel, seating surfaces, center console and door panel. Plush sheepskin dresses the floor, while a metallic theme adorns interior surfaces. The center stack, ends of the instrument panel, center console housing, cup holders and steering wheel spokes are finished in sterling matte silver with textured aluminum accents scattered throughout.

In its history, Lincoln has used the Mark name to signal a truly special vehicle. First was Edsel Ford's first Continental, the Mark I; the 1956 Continental Mark II was next and quickly became a classic for its high quality, clean styling and consummate good taste. The 1969 Mark III was Lincoln's most successful new model at the time, selling more than 30,000 units. Other Mark vehicles were introduced in the 1970s, '80s and '90s.

On sale in early 2005, the Lincoln Mark LT will be the first pickup truck to carry the legendary Mark name and will add competitive luxury to a segment that has more than doubled in annual volume over the last ten years.

jrzygrl Guest
    Sorry guys, I love Lincoln products and drove a Navigator for years, but that's the UGLIEST D**M thing I've ever seen. BTW, didn't Lincoln already try and fail in the truck department?

Post About time!

I for one am very very happy to see Lincoln get something Ford does not have.

The "old" Aviator was a make over Explorer nice but still same vechile. Differant grill and tail lights etc, etc.

I feel this a bold move to put Lincoln & Mercury on their own footing.

Well done!
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

I'm not in love with the headlights.

Lincoln is going after the market of car-based SUV's, which already has a good seller in the Lexus RX series, and Infinity has a strong contender with the FX35/45. Cadillac just introduced the SRX. Mercedes is introducing the Grand Sport Tourer. Seems like Lincoln is playing catch up here. If they don't get with it, the market will be saturated, or have moved a different direction.

BTW, the FX 45 is pure fugly, but I almost bought one

Now I think that is a very good looking SUV! The interior looks a bit too futuristic for my taste, but all I have to say about the exterior, is WOW!
    2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
    -gone

Like the Avi., ditch the truck.
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    A move to something more car based is a good idea for Lincoln. I still can't get my head around the idea of a Lincoln "truck"

Now a Cadillac truck on the other hand is something people have always wanted. People have been converting Cadillacs into trucks for years, just GM would never build one
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

That thing it neet!
    SILVER/300B ONE OF 418 (RE-CONTENTING)
    35%TINT
    CONSOLE MOUNT DVD-MP3-PLAYER TV & TRUNK MOUNT VCP PLAYER
    7.0 INCH COLOR FLIP DOWN SCREEN
    HEATED SEATS
    CARGO ORGANIZER
    FACTORY TRUNK MOUNT 6 CD
    SUPERCHIPS TUNED
    SILVER STARS
    V-1 RADAR DETECTOR
    KENWOODS X4