Thread: A/C + Electrical problems

A/C + Electrical problems

Hi guys,

I have a 2003 Marauder. Recently my AC has gone out. It doesn't blow anything out of the vents, although at highway speeds a very small amount of cold air comes out. I took it to the shop thinking it was the blowing motor (whatever its called). It was not. They said it was something with the head unit, however they don't do electrical so im out of luck with them. Maybe related, my Fuel door button and power seats don't work either, about the same time. Finally, my radio plays for about 1-2 minutes before going completely static. Im sure all these are related, or perhaps its just the perils of having a 8YO car. Any ideas?
    Vortech A2A Supercharger
    DR Tune

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGarmon View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a 2003 Marauder. Recently my AC has gone out. It doesn't blow anything out of the vents, although at highway speeds a very small amount of cold air comes out. I took it to the shop thinking it was the blowing motor (whatever its called). It was not. They said it was something with the head unit, however they don't do electrical so im out of luck with them. Maybe related, my Fuel door button and power seats don't work either, about the same time. Finally, my radio plays for about 1-2 minutes before going completely static. Im sure all these are related, or perhaps its just the perils of having a 8YO car. Any ideas?
    The radio problem is a known issues - the fix is to get it repaired, replace it with an aftermarket headunit or replace it with a better Ford unit. There are many posts about what Ford headunit will swap right in.

Sounds like the A/C problem is the o-rings inside the EATC. If the A/C coming out the defrost vents I can fix that for you. PM me.

Check the fuses box to the left of the steering column for any blown fuses. The fuel door release is controlled by one of them.

The power seat is controlled by a circuit breaker or Maxi-fuse at position 602 in the fuse box under the hood, behind the battery.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGarmon View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a 2003 Marauder. Recently my AC has gone out. It doesn't blow anything out of the vents, although at highway speeds a very small amount of cold air comes out.
    If you have it on Norm and the fan isnt working, you'll feel air coming through at highway speeds. On Max, it recirculates the air and if the fan isnt working then you won't feel anything. 9 times out of 10 its the BCM (Blower control module) Its located behind the passenger side cam cover. Sometimes tapping it with a blunt object with the AC on and the fan on Max will kick it back on. Very common to fail and I had to tap mine a few times this year already.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

What if ur ac still works but it only comes out of the vent or defroster? But before it would work fine till I hit high rpm and the air would stop coming out from the vents and change to the top defroster but when I slowed down or rpm went down it would come back to the vents but now it's only on the top defroster that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened300a View Post
    Sometimes tapping it with a blunt object with the AC on and the fan on Max will kick it back on. Very common to fail and I had to tap mine a few times this year already.
    Ah as I like to call it go ol persuasion!!!!!

Always seems to work & if it doesn't tap it a little bit harder....makes you feel a little bit better exerting some energy.

Quote Originally Posted by marauderoner View Post
    What if ur ac still works but it only comes out of the vent or defroster? But before it would work fine till I hit high rpm and the air would stop coming out from the vents and change to the top defroster but when I slowed down or rpm went down it would come back to the vents but now it's only on the top defroster that's it
    The o-rings in the EATC need to be replaced.

PM me.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Fastblackmerc, still active on here? I'm having the same problem w my 03 Marauder!

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden2816 View Post
    Fastblackmerc, still active on here? I'm having the same problem w my 03 Marauder!
    I'm here all the time.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Thread Information