Thread: just the blower motor right?

just the blower motor right?

got off a fourteen hour shift, hot and sweatin, and i go out to the car and get in the nice cold ac. 2 min after its running the air turns off. or actually, let me rephrase that, the fan stopped blowing. vents, floor, defroster, everything i was actually pulling into a gas station and i was on E, E so i figured it was like a fuel saving mode or something. filled it full a gas, turned the car back on, no air. fine, i wack the blower motor a couple times with my trusty mag lite (which is what i had to do in the winter for heat a couple times with great success), still no air movement. get to my firehouse, hop on the computer to check here. run the eatc test, no numbers pop up, the thing just lights up all the functions...whack the BCM a couple times, still nothing. is this just a blower motor gone bad or do i have to do the pain in the butt BCM swap? and by the way, on the eatc it just shows the fan. it just doesnt show enlarging bars as you adjust the fan wheel controller thingy. and as i switch between def, floor, vents etc you can hear things moving in the dash, so thats all good. you can also hear click when i adjust the control wheel thingy, so im assuming the relays are good. its like a million percent humidity here in chicago, and im fat, so this needs to get fixed asap (tommorow). sound like the blower motor to you guys?

I'm thinkin' BCM, but I'm sure the experts will chime in shortly, btw welcome to the site and what firehouse are ya from?
    "Damned if I do, damned if I don't!"
    Member #8831

MERIDEATH aka "Purrrty Mean" was born on June 20, 2002.
    Production #1685 of 7,838 and is #1685 of 7093 Black Beasts.
    Delivered July 27th 2002, she revealed herself.
    Unable to be tamed by her 1st owner, she was left to roam about & raid in search of plunder.
    Through the pillage she became mine on January 23, 2008 and since then...
    "She's tryin' to make a Devil out of me!"
    -"TaKe 'Em D0wN!" TRILOGY TwinScrew #209 / TS0019-

i work at a south chicago suburban firehouse. and i just jumped the power to the blower motor and it ran fine on high so now im thinking BCM...son of a....

thats what it sounds like! i change my 3weeks ago and not had any problems with it since, if you can find a junkyard near you that might have 05 or newer GM i found that the BCM are built better with bigger solder joints to handle the overheating prblems that causes them to fail,

can i just get a new one from the dealership? i just called for the part number listed on the bcm thread and they want $71 F-ing dollars, if im going to pay that much for something like that i at least want it to be like the one you just suggested, so i dont have to do this next year. well that is if this car doesnt blow up by next year seeing as how every single thing that can go wrong, does go wrong.

so $80 dollars and 3 hour later it was the BCM...i dropped the little 8 mm bolt that holds the bottom part on, cant find it, but im leavin it off, man that was a pain in the @$$

Among other problems with my car right now I am having the same exact problem u stated....so BCM huh???

yep. this is what mine looked like...cheap @$$ ford not putting enough quality solder....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where did you get your new one at? And how much?

I just posted this same problem. Mine started to not work properly in 116 degree heat thru Death Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKMARAUDER04 View Post
    I just posted this same problem. Mine started to not work properly in 116 degree heat thru Death Valley.
    Just got mine to work by tapping on it earlier 2day but it won't blow thru the vents just the windshield vents still think I need a new 1....

Thread Information