Thread: Blower Control Module gone bad?

Blower Control Module gone bad?

So driving home last night I notice low to nill fan speed on the a/c. I tried the steering wheel controls, changing the temp, turn it off/on go to vent etc. I felt cold air thru the dash vents but only when I held my hand up to it. So I try again to day and same thing, can't turn the fan speed higher or lower. A/C is on just no velocity..So does this sound like the blower control module needs replaced? The one on the fire wall behind the passenger valve cover? I searched some and found a post from about 3 years ago with a write up on how to replace it. Does this sounds like a logical choice to those that have had similiar symptoms?

Thanks !
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Most likely the module - try tapping on it while the AC is on and see if the blower starts working. It's a lot of fun to replace. The threads have some good pictures and info. Swivel head socket w/mag insert will save a lot of time and frustration!
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

Yes, tapping on the BCM turns the blower on...ahh forced induction. LOL..Picked up a new BCM on the way to work yestreday afternoon and will change out today

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Mine went before I knew about this forum. Very expensive at the dealer.

I think mine was like 62$ from the local dealer for my Marquis. It was a pain to do but I'm glad I did it. For a little I just hooked the blower motor to the battery with a switch. I had great A/C till I could get the part!

All fixed now..new BCM in place..in regards to getting the old BCM out and new in..as Yosemite Sam would say "rackin frackin &%^^$*&*" I used the universal joint on extension with ratchet and the electrical tape trick to get the screws re-started.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Good deal!

Just pulled mine off last night. A good argument for the regular flogging of Ford engineers. They should have to perform some of these repairs to see the challenges they cause. Service techs must have regular therapy sessions.

Picking new one up at Ford today. $92. Autozone and O'Reilly both out of stock.

Anyway, I would have never identified the problem or much less the location of the component without the help of the great people on this website.

Thanks for the help on this issue as well as all of the others I've solved with your help.

Tom Hilmes

Thread Information