Thread: Changing cars

Changing cars

From Logan's post!

>>You're right, anyone who knows me knows I change cars more often than I change shorts.<<

Been there done that. Went from a '99 Cobra in April to an '02 CV Sport, to the '03 Marauder in November. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but what does she know. Anyway, ordered the "Chip, plugs, thermostat, and 4.10's" from Dennis this morning. Should have them by Wednesday. Can't get the gears done until late in December, which should give me time to do the other things first.

Bob, USNavy Retired
    2010 Taurus SHO Red Candy Metallic
    402A, 5% tint, Valentine 1, Laser Blaster,
    Livernois Stage 2tune, Airaid CAI
    Corsa cat-back, Lower molding stripe
    Born 10/27/09, came home 2/20/10

'03 MM 300A Gone, but not forgotten!
    Born 9/25/02, went home 11/04/02, passed on 3/21/06, Mileage: 100K

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!" (Unknown source)

See now, there's a man who understands...

Don't worry Bob, my wife has thought I'm nuts for years now and decided along time ago just to look the other way when it comes to cars...

Since 1999, I have bought/sold: 1999-Nissan Maxima, 2000-Honda Accord EX-(Two of these), 2000-Ford Tarus, 2001-Toyota P/U Truck, and Presently have 2002-Honda Accord and 2001-Infiniti-I-30.
    And, I really want the Marauder...

I understand. Like Logan said, my wife just looks the other way. After 25 years, she knows I'm going to do what I want anyway.

Jim

Moparzz Guest

Talking

My wife gave up on me a long time ago. We've been married for 28 years and I gone through more than 60 cars in that time. Everyone has their weakness. I have started a new AA program called Autonuts Anonymous. Now I think there are quite a few folks that frequent this board that could use this program, so join me now........... My name is Bob, I'm an Autonut, I've owned over 60 cars......................

Started thinking about all the cars and bikes I've owned over the past 40 years, and I was kinda of suprised to observe a specific "crime pattern" if you will. Large cars, large motors, tall gears, and so on. Tried the little guys, (Camaro, dart) and always came back to their big brothers (Impala, 300, Monaco) I added high performance anything and everything I could get my hands on, but just for the street. I gave up counting at 40 cars and 17 bikes. Thanks, guys, for pushing me to stroll down memory lane, now I know why I bought the MM.

Funny though, as much as my automotive past reveals me to be a real horsepower junkie, I've owned and carried only one firearm on the street for over 25 years as a L.E.O.

Guess it must do the job just right, eh?

In his other post Logan said: "PS - Horseman... You're right, anyone who knows me knows I change cars more often than I change shorts."

Now, I'm operating on almost no sleep today, so maybe I'm just dazed and not remembering things properly, but I don't recall saying anything about Logan switching cars a lot.

In what thread did that happen? Am I missing? Just need to sleep and then it'll all make sense?

PS. Logan, not trying to bring up a subject you'd rather not discuss, I'm just puzzled by your reference, that's all. I know we all appreciate you running mercurymarauder.net and are glad it will continue to be around!
    Last edited by Fourth Horseman; 11-29-2002 at 03:43 PM.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

hahhaa.. You're not the only one... It's was James who said that, not you... ooops....

Logan great site and thanks to you, Ive become alot more computer literate.I really appreciate this web site as do I'm sure all 400 plus members.THANKS
    2003 (#867 of #7839) 300A Marauder
    #23 MercuryMarauder.net member
    6/7/02 Build Date
    6/17/02 Purchased
    IL Plate MARAWDR
    35%Tint All Around
    Z&M Control Arms
    Real AutoMeter Oil Gauge
    Marauder Hats in rear window
    Rear Bumper Gray Decals
    Trunk Organizer
    OEM Frt Splash Guards