Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Level 1 and level 2 upgrade kits

Level 1 and level 2 upgrade kits

First of all thank you for being so patient, here are the kits I have been working on for over three months, Level one kit is the 4R70W\75 and it will work on ALL 99 and up Transmissions and the Valve body kit, has been modified to Jerry's specifications, these plates are Laser cut, included with this is the AODE 300 M. Hardened stub shaft.

I have had two stub shafts on SC Marauders fail, normally these are never prone to failure but I have decided to include a better shaft in both kits, along with the forced lube tail shaft kit.

I will include a new rear tail shaft bushing. Also included is the spiral lock clip, what I have seen is the stock OEM clip will shake or pop off the mechanical diode assemble and this alone can cause the transmission to fail, along with the lips being torn or cut on the 1/2 accumulator pistons improperly installed from Ford, this is why a lot of you are having transmission failures, this kit will come with all the gaskets and hardware. This kit should be used on low mileage Transmissions that have no problems or internal damage.

Level 2 is all of the above plus a complete AOD super rebuild kit/with all the upgraded bands and clutches, this will make the transmission bullet proof, able to with stand 600 RWHP. If you have a car still under warranty and you feel the transmission is not right by all means go to Ford, but keep in mine they will only make a stock repair never addressing known weak areas of this transmission, for example they will not install the spiral lock clip. If you want a proven setup go with the level 2 kit, I have been selling bullet proof 4R70W's for years, I have one in my Mark 8 and it makes 530 RWHP to the tires. It will be two weeks before I can get the valve body separator plates. I am having these laser cut out in California, you can call me about pricing both kits are very reasonable priced as every thing I sell for our cars.
    Last edited by Dennis Reinhart; 01-13-2004 at 06:27 AM.

Halleluiah!!!!

Way to go Dennis!

Darn, there going my tax refund from Uncle Sam. Thanks Dennis.

James Brown #140 "Say It Loud" Except in Bristol
    Merc's Garage
    MagnaFuel ProTuner Series 750 MP-1403
    Stainless Steel Works full exhaust
    SCT Advantage III Ford Pro Racer Software
    600.59 rwhp 559.91 Torque @ 20 lbs Boost
    2.3 Whipple Intercooled Supercharger
    BC Automotive Stage4 transmission
    03 Terminator built by Chris Vining

Will these kits work with the 4R75W?
    Dave

Question

I was actually going to ask that same question! I'd definately be interested in a new valve body for my 4R75W if it was available. Out of curiosity, how much is the Stage 1, and Stage 2 kits for us?
    2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
    -gone

Yes they will work perfect there is very little differences between both transmissions.

Unhappy I want Level 1

For the reason of not having to get Level 2 later, I think that Ford/Mercury should look at this issue and have a recall on all Marauders for this upgrade.
    Not to take anything away from Dennis, but if Transmissions are going south on us Marauder owners with a defect that the factory installed than it should be a nation wide "Recall".
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

True, but who would you rather have working on your tranmission. The people who made it that way the first time or Dennis?
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo50
    For the reason of not having to get Level 2 later, I think that Ford/Mercury should look at this issue and have a recall on all Marauders for this upgrade.
    Not to take anything away from Dennis, but if Transmissions are going south on us Marauder owners with a defect that the factory installed than it should be a nation wide "Recall".
    Well that is between you and Ford, these problems have been there fort years

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Reinhart
    Well that is between you and Ford, these problems have been there fort years
    Dennis will this stage 1 or 2 include the trans cooler you say your putting out or is that seperate?
    I'll keep my Freedom, my Money, my Religion, my Guns & you can keep the " Change ".

Quote Originally Posted by ADELG670
    Dennis will this stage 1 or 2 include the trans cooler you say your putting out or is that seperate?
    here are the cover page for the level 1 kit I get the first level 2 tomorrow both kits go on sale today, and I will post pictures of the kits and cooler later this week thank you for your patients.
    Last edited by Dennis Reinhart; 01-15-2004 at 06:56 PM.

dennis ,it says type "F" fluid.no mercon V ?also no synthetics.is that so the clutches "bite" better?i thought we needed mercon V to keep the t/c shutter to a minimum.thanks for posting this kit,its something all modded mercs should have
    Pearl Blue 300B,Born 11/25/02
    4.10 Gears,Stallion Converter
    Jerry W. Tranny Mod
    SCT Pro Racer Package,Tuned by myself
    180* Stat/Denso IT20's
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys/SFI Dampner
    Dual Cobra Fuel Pumps
    Amsoil Series 2000 0w30
    Factory Spoiler,Silver/Grey Pinstriping
    35%Tint Front,Back,Rear
    Bob White Reflective FordBlue Inserts
    Pioneer TSA-6870's All Around
    "Real" Oil Pressure&Boost Gauges
    P.I. Driveshaft
    Modifyed TailLights
    Custom NY plates-MARAWDR
    Worlds First Kenne Bell Supercharged Marauder
    456rwhp,435rwtq @ 10lbs
    And of course...ZAINO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Effster
    dennis ,it says type "F" fluid.no mercon V ?also no synthetics.is that so the clutches "bite" better?i thought we needed mercon V to keep the t/c shutter to a minimum.thanks for posting this kit,its something all modded mercs should have

Its a Typo I will fix it right away

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo50
    I think that Ford/Mercury should look at this issue and have a recall on all Marauders for this upgrade.
    Ummm...I've been debating this point myself, and I am not pleased by my results. May I recap my thinking with you?

We know that 7000 plus Marauders are out on the streets of America, real cars on the pavement, yes?

We also know that we have 1300 plus members here, and I for one must agree that anyone who has gone as far as to register a screen name with us here, probably owns a Marauder, right?

Out of that 1300 plus members registered here, about 150 or so, actually talk about their Marauder. Really come to speak their praise, and talk about their problems, are you following me?

And of those 150 or so who talk about their problems, one in ten have complained about tranny problems.

Now...Unless someone has been lying here, our MM tranny failure rate is very, very low among MM owners at large, which does not support any "recall."

Maybe, and "at best," a note in our OASIS records may record our requests for inspection and repair.

"Recall?" I think not. We would have to have half of the production line fail before any "recall."

Sorry...Not my definition of the word, or it's status among owners. Just the way it is...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information