Thread: Auto Show

bigslim Guest

Auto Show

This is my take on the 2004 North American AutoShow.

First off is Ford. Ford had the best display that I have seen from them in years. The GT is awsome. The Mustang is "Da Bomb". The Five hundred looks better in person. Pictures don't do this car justice. It looks well finished and very europeon. It looks like Audi made it. It will be big seller. The Aviator is beautiful. Can't wait to see this on the road. The Lincoln Truck is sharp. Will give Cadillac a run for the money with the Rap crowd. What really surprised me was the attention the Marauder was getting. People were really flocking to this car. I was able to answer a few questions about it. I really did not want to leave the MM display. I give Ford a solid A+.
    GM had some nice stuff too. The Vette is as cool as ever. The replacement for the Grand Am, the G6 is a really nice car that should do well. I think it is done better than the GranPrix. The Bonneville will get the V-8 Northstar good for 275 hp. Cadillac had the the pavement ripping CTS-V. 400hp and a 6-speed in a tight package. Gotta love it. $50,000, gotta hate it. Other than that nothing else really exciting.
    Chrysler stole the show with the MD supercar. Beautiful 850hp Ferrari killer. The 300C hemi and the Magnum Hemi are nice cars too. Both with an available Hemi V-8 good for 340hp. The Magnum with the hemi should be under $30,000. The 300C loaded with a hemi around $35,000. I loved the Crossfire and PT Cruiser convertables too. I think the RAM RT with the Viper engine is still a step behind the Lightning but it is a damn good try. A little expensive though.
    I checked out the imports and saw some nice stuff but still can't bring myself to comment on them. Although I will tell you my friend works the Ferrari, Masarati display and was able to sit in them. The new $100,000 Quatroprte is quite a car. This car hsa everthing a $100,000 should. Get this, the glove box is even power. You push an electric release button and the glove box powers open. I need a new job. The rich really know how to live.
    Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my review. If you are going to the show enjoy it. Stop by and answer questions at the MM display.

Thanks for the great post. Very informative.
    Ex Marauder owner,
    May 5th, 2003, March Bought new
    February 2007, Installed Trilogy,
    March 30th, 2011, sold to a great home.

Great car, great people, great times, wonderful memories.

Thanks bigslim, last time I went was back in 89, a bit too much for me now. Am glad you did the overview you looked at the same stuff I most likely would have.
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

Re: Auto Show

Originally posted by bigslim
    If you are going to the show enjoy it. Stop by and answer questions at the MM display.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

You are soooo right, but since I didn't get comp'd last year, screw 'em, I'm not helping this year
    2017 Niro

Re: Auto Show

This is my take on the 2004 North American AutoShow.

The Five hundred looks better in person. Pictures don't do this car justice. It looks well finished and very europeon. It looks like Audi made it. It will be big seller.
    I hope you are right Big Slim, because my plant is producing 95% of the sheet metal that is going into the 500 and the Freestyle. If this car sells, well it means lots of overtime which equals more money for my Marauder and mods. If not I'm screwed. We are in the fine tunning stages, and if all goes good the launch should go without any road blocks. The car seems well built and very safe. From what I have seen of the new parts the are pushing safety to the max. The car should be extremely safe considering it is built off a Volvo platform. I can't wait to see the next stage in my future of employment when I go to the Chicago Auto Show in February. Hope to see some of my fellow Marauders there.
    Buy American because the job you may save, might be your own

2002 Ford Explorer XLT (Wife's Car)
    Build Date - September 11, 2001

2004 Marauder 300A (My Car)
    Silver Birch Metallic, Dark Charcoal Interior
    Build Date - September 19, 2003
    Delivered - October 2, 2003
    Purchased - November 24, 2003
    Heated Seats, 6 Disk CD Changer in trunk, Trunk Organizer,
    OEM Rear Spoiler, K&N Filter, Silencer Deleted
    GT Coil Covers w/ Thumb Screws

MY MARAUDER'S LIST OF BLING BLING
    Custom God's Head Grille and Deck Lid Badges
    God's Head Horn Button, Marauder Retro Fender Badges
    Dyno Pro Aluminum Door Sills, Bob White Inserts - Cardinal Red
    McGards Wheel Locks, Sylvania Silver Stars
    Deck Lid Liner w/ Marauder & God's Head Logo, Rear S55 Badge

bigslim Guest
    Hey Barry, I hear that you will be in town? Too bad I didn't know this. I would have waited and taken a different day off and we could have hung out at the show.

bigslim Guest
    UAW 588, you got a winning product there. The people were eating it up. I saw a lot of well-to-do and yuppies looking at this car. Maybe we can steal some sales from Honda and Toyota with this one.

bigslim Guest
    I forgot to mention the GTO. This car is nice but it won't make me leave my MM. A lot of young rice-burner types were looking this car over. Nice interior, nice engine (350hp), boring styling.

Maybe we can steal some sales from Honda and Toyota with this one.

I hope so brother. It's been long over due.
    Buy American because the job you may save, might be your own

2002 Ford Explorer XLT (Wife's Car)
    Build Date - September 11, 2001

2004 Marauder 300A (My Car)
    Silver Birch Metallic, Dark Charcoal Interior
    Build Date - September 19, 2003
    Delivered - October 2, 2003
    Purchased - November 24, 2003
    Heated Seats, 6 Disk CD Changer in trunk, Trunk Organizer,
    OEM Rear Spoiler, K&N Filter, Silencer Deleted
    GT Coil Covers w/ Thumb Screws

MY MARAUDER'S LIST OF BLING BLING