Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Megs Marauder 4" and 3.50" Exhaust Tips

Megs Marauder 4" and 3.50" Exhaust Tips

I’ve received several requests regarding 4” outlet Marauder tips. We haven’t run them in many years but are considering it if we can get enough pre-orders.

Specs: These 4” tips will be identical to the 4” tips that we ran once about four years ago. There were/are some differences compared to the OE/Megs 3.50” outlet tips:

3.50” Tip (ST627)
    304 stainless steel, bright polish with Megs logo. 2.25” (ST627) or 2.50” inlet (ST627-250), 26” long, 3.50” outlet with rolled edge at a 27 degree angle. No resonator. Retail price $100 per tip. Shipping cost, UPS Ground Continental US, $20 per pair. International orders (normal range $60-$120 depending on location).

4.00” Tip (ST640)
    304 stainless steel, bright polish with Megs logo. 2.50” inlet only, 26” long, 4.00” outlet with rolled edge at a 15 degree angle. No resonator. Retail price $120 per tip. Approximate shipping cost, UPS Ground Continental US, $30 per pair. International cost to be determined, but anticipated packaging will be 18 pounds per set, in a 32” x 8” x 8” box.

Terms & Conditions: We would need committed pre-paid orders for at least 20 sets (40 tips), before we could begin production. We take your order and credit card information; however no charges are processed until the minimum production quantity is reached. At that time your credit card would be charged as the order goes into production.

Incentives:
    On the 3.50” we have offered pre-production specials with a 10% discount and free shipping as an incentive to place a fully prepaid order in advance. Orders from stock after production were at full price.

With the 4” we will not be discounting the price as there won’t be any additional stock built beyond pre-orders. We will offer free UPS Ground shipping for continental US customers and a $30 credit for all other shipping.

Timing:
    It all depends on how long it takes to get enough orders for 20 sets. The earliest start of production would be early November and latest would be to ship prior to Mid-December. If we have not received enough orders by 11/1 then the program would be cancelled. No charges will be made to customers until after the decision has been made to go forward with production.

Order Placement: Please send Cone Engineering at: sales@coneeng.com. Please include name and shipping info, quantity and a telephone contact number. DO NOT INCLUDE CREDIT CARD INFO. We will give you a call at a later date to get that information. You will receive via email a confirming sales order as verification that we received your order. If you don’t get the Sales Order confirmation within a few days then please contact us.

And you can throw a post up here on this thread and elsewhere to brag about getting in on the deal. I’ll be posting updates, hopefully weekly, to let you know how we are doing on the pledge drive.

We will also take orders for the next run of 3.50” tips for production at approximately the same time. The 3.50” tips will have a pre-paid/pre-order incentive as in the past (10% off and free shipping*) and will also have a minimum run of 20 sets. However the 3.50” may have additional stock available after the run at the full price.

Saw a couple of questions on another thread regarding the offer so here's a shot at clarification:

The 4" tips are $120 per tip, $240 per set. We need to receive pre-paid orders for at least 20 sets in order to go into production.

As an incentive we are including free shipping in continental US via UPS Ground. If you are outside the US we will give a credit of $30 against the shipping cost or if you want them expedited ship in US (you can wait 2 months to run but have to have then next day on shipping...) then we will also credit you $30 against shipping cost. So the "all-in" cost for a domestic US customer is $240 per set, including UPS Ground shipping.

Hope that explains it a little more?

Another question regarded the angle of the tip outlet 4" vs 3.50". For the volume we are building it is cost prohibitive to build a specific roll-over die for the 4" so we are using an existing die that has less angle. We'd need to sell 1000 units to justify the new die cost and we want to make it possible to actually get these into production!

Rich Craig
    Cone Engineering, Inc
    Megs Exhaust Builders Warehouse
    Los Alamitos, CA
    (800) 795-5535 or (714) 828-3580
    email: sales@coneeng.com

Well it's about time!!!

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

My order is placed for the 4" tips. Jake and Rex's look great! I actually ordered more than one set. I like to have a back up!

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by cwright View Post
    My order is placed for the 4" tips. Jake and Rex's look great! I actually ordered more than one set. I like to have a back up!

Errrr Chris old buddy, old pal how ya been?
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Errrr Chris old buddy, old pal how ya been?
    All good my friend! Been playing a little hookie! How are things in your neck of the woods? Have you placed your order yet??

Angry

All good my friend! Been playing a little hookie! How are things in your neck of the woods? Have you placed your order yet??
    I need to go to MARAUDER rehab! i ordered an xcal3 from lidio, getting ready to order a metco watts link, and now this pops up!
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

I need to go to MARAUDER rehab! i ordered an xcal3 from lidio, getting ready to order a metco watts link, and now this pops up!

I'M with you there!!!!!!! I keep thinking of ways to drop some coin on this car. AHH....... it's all worth it! Don't miss out on this one, This might be our last chance to get in on the 4".

I'M with you there!!!!!!! I keep thinking of ways to drop some coin on this car. AHH....... it's all worth it! Don't miss out on this one, This might be our last chance to get in on the 4".
    Yeah ill give em a buzzy-buzz in the next few days, this is a must have mod for me as well!
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah ill give em a buzzy-buzz in the next few days, this is a must have mod for me as well!

So true what you said in your signature.

**more madness in the works**

Got my order in. Come on the rest of you, let's make this happen.
    Born 03/04
    Adopted on 01/03/05

2084 of 3213 & 691 of 983____Moonroof 185 of 335 of 1213

Now Procharger boosted #04

Ok order placed! roman noodles till christmas!
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck guys!

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

Now that Im an "outside observer" I'll say those 4" tips look better than the OEMs to my eyes because they fill the cutout in the rear bumper cover a little better. These are a no-brainer (along with the OEM bumper covers in the other thread).
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Just wondering who has put in for the preorder already and who plans to? I ordered a few sets to help along the process in getting us to 20. Lets make this happen.

Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread Information