Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: different wheel color on a DTR

Question different wheel color on a DTR

has anyone had any other color STOCK wheels on their DTR besides the stock "chrome"? painted or PC'd?

I haven't seen any other rims/colors that look good on our cars.. O I forgot I like 4sho rims... I think he's going to let me have them:-)...lol... These rims we have on our car are unique... Only thing I would look into is chroming them.. Now thats even better.. Bodyman has them on his black MM.....

I always wanted to see how 4 spare wheels looked on a mm. Would make it a lot easier to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Smalldogg/03mm View Post
    I haven't seen any other rims/colors that look good on our cars.. O I forgot I like 4sho rims... I think he's going to let me have them:-)...lol... These rims we have on our car are unique... Only thing I would look into is chroming them.. Now thats even better.. Bodyman has them on his black MM.....
    I've seen chrome on our cars (all colors). I've seen other colors PC their wheels black, Gunmetal grey but haven't seen a DTR have a different color wheel. I like the stock look don't get me wrong im just considering a different look for when im feeling stealth ...maybe a Black set of stock wheels or color matched on the car but im thinking the color matched wheels would look clown-ish

Quote Originally Posted by kmastl View Post
    I always wanted to see how 4 spare wheels looked on a mm. Would make it a lot easier to clean.
    From gdmjoe's website, www.gdmjoe.com:

-Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

Quote Originally Posted by kmastl View Post
    SilverSurfer has 4 painted spares on his SB. It looks good.

Outside of the youtube videos, that Doom person keeps posting, haven't seen any other wheels on a DTR.

Black or black chrome might look good, but they'd have to be kept clean. Definately no color matched one.
    Born 03/04
    Adopted on 01/03/05

2084 of 3213 & 691 of 983____Moonroof 185 of 335 of 1213

Now Procharger boosted #04

Quote Originally Posted by 1stMerc View Post
    Outside of the youtube videos, that Doom person keeps posting, haven't seen any other wheels on a DTR.

Black or black chrome might look good, but they'd have to be kept clean. Definately no color matched one.
    I've thought of black Chrome I may just do a black set. I keep my car cleaned. Every Friday she gets a bath and a wipe down on Wednesdays or anytime I see she needs one

gun metal FTW! factory wheels are so
    2010 fusion se

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    SilverSurfer has 4 painted spares on his SB. It looks good.
    Correct. They do look good. Also Mark (N40GL) has the machine gun gray on his SB and that looks great as well
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

I think stock polish aluminum, black chrome, chrome, or gun metal gray would look good on a DTR. Tinted windows would help add to the look as well.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSlayer View Post
    gun metal FTW! factory wheels are so
    i seen your post when you first did them ...looked good then and still does.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlraven View Post
    I think stock polish aluminum, black chrome, chrome, or gun metal gray would look good on a DTR. Tinted windows would help add to the look as well.
    yes i forgot to add my windows will be BLACKED OUT ...every vehicle i own has to be blacked out. two layers 5% backed up by 35% = 1% in the sunlight when its brightest outside (per tint reader). NO it isnt overkill or too dark I've been doing this for years and can see perfectly at night and NEVER had a ticket for it ...just questions about WHY so dark

Quote Originally Posted by mgmsleeper View Post
    yes i forgot to add my windows will be BLACKED OUT ...every vehicle i own has to be blacked out. two layers 5% backed up by 35% = 1% in the sunlight when its brightest outside (per tint reader). NO it isnt overkill or too dark I've been doing this for years and can see perfectly at night and NEVER had a ticket for it ...just questions about WHY so dark
    damn no tint laws in Florida?
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I daily drive mine because I love driving it. I'm not going to spend most of my time behind the wheel in some piece of crap when I could be enjoying every minute of it. If somebody runs into me, so be it. I'll get something else and move on.
    I think cars should be driven, not kept in garages their whole life. If you want to collect something, collect stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-MerC View Post
    damn no tint laws in Florida?
    yes there are tint laws. they really are not a HUGE violation or issue so fat that i have seen or heard. Unless you're doing utterly stupid things on the road then that's when they point out all the bad things on your car. Normal driving to/from work and misc things i haven't had any issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information