Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traction Control Disable

Traction Control Disable

I am going to the same size tires all the way around, but I do not want to have to remember to hit the traction control button every time. An electrical engineer at work is going to help me put something together that will basically push the button "automatically" a few seconds after start up. I have seen some companies that have done this before, but they appear to be out of business (e-mail is dead). Has anyone here attempted/done this?
    If we get this worked out, is anyone else interested in this. I do not know how much it will cost yet. It will not be very sexy (probably a soldered blob wrapped in insulation with wires coming out) so the cost will be minimal. My guess is in the $10-$15 range for parts.

What do you think?
    2018 F-250 6.7L Crew Cab 4x4
    2013 Dodge Charge R/T Daily Driver/Beater - All original 208K miles and counting
    Sold - 04 Marauder, Silver, Dark Interior, Factory Sunroof.
    Z-Tune, JLT CAI, Z&M Control Arms, KYB Shocks, BC4E Dead Pedal, Pro Guard, Sparta Watts links, R1 Slotted Front Rotors, Braided SS Brake Lines, Automatic Traction Control "Turner-Offer".
    4.10 FRPP gears awaiting install (on extended hold).

Good luck!

I was able to disable the traction control via SCT tuner but it also disables the ABS as it lights up in the dash, plus the traction light & brake light illuminate.

This same problem also happened when I had the wrong size tires in the rear.

I just gave up and followed the tire specs guide posted in this forum & problem solved. No need to worry about pushing the button everytime you start the car.

I agree it would be nice and pay off in the long run to have same tires all around for rotation purposes.

There are a lot of wires to figure out. We mainly need to figure out if the switch is part of a network, or just a simple momentary switch with separate wires feeding the LED. Either one would explain the excessive number of wires. If it is on the CAN network we may not be able to do it.
    2013 Dodge Charge R/T Daily Driver/Beater - All original 208K miles and counting
    Z-Tune, JLT CAI, Z&M Control Arms, KYB Shocks, BC4E Dead Pedal, Pro Guard, Sparta Watts links, R1 Slotted Front Rotors, Braided SS Brake Lines, Automatic Traction Control "Turner-Offer".

Good Luck..... I'll continue to push the button... eventhough I have the correct tires installed.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thumbs up

Count me in. Excessive power and bald tires mean I have to push the button EVERY time I get into the car.

I'd love to have an auto-disable doohickey.

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Good Luck..... I'll continue to push the button... eventhough I have the correct tires installed.

^^^^^ What he said. ^^^^^

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

It's really not that hard.

Just need a relay, some resistors, wires, fuse amp and connect to IGN ON wire.

On the back of the switch, the GRAY wire is the power wire when the IGN is ON. WHITE/PINK is the signal off/on wire. Not sure what the ORANGE/BLACK or the two BLACK wires are for. I'll take a look at my wiring diagram book when I get home tonight.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBoomz View Post
    Count me in. Excessive power and bald tires mean I have to push the button EVERY time I get into the car.

I'd love to have an auto-disable doohickey.
    Tire rotation solves the problem on the Marauder.
    I wish my Marauder had excessive power but they did not have the motor from the Ford GT (40) available on the Marauder. And now the GT (40) and the Marauder are both dis-continued.
    Jim

one of the Lincoln/Mercury techs at work suggested I get a grand Marquis ABS module from the junkyard and reprogram it to work on the Marauder. Of course you would need a Ford diag computer to do it. And you wouldn't have TC but still keep ABS

Quote Originally Posted by F8LBITEva View Post
    one of the Lincoln/Mercury techs at work suggested I get a grand Marquis ABS module from the junkyard and reprogram it to work on the Marauder. Of course you would need a Ford diag computer to do it. And you wouldn't have TC but still keep ABS
    He is incorrect, you would need to change the ABS pump and module, as the cars with TC have an additional 2 solenoids in the pump for the TC feature.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Aah. That's probably the only way the junkyard sells it anyway since they are attatched. Maybe that's what he meant.

I looked into that, but it sounds like a royal PITA.

We have a parts list going , and have started assembling the circuit. My buddy was gone for the weekend, so we are going to finish it up early next week and test it. I will post a parts list and instructions once it has been tested.

IT WORKS! I will post up the solution and parts list tomorrow as soon as I can.

Intersting.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone
    Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

It's still much easier to just push the TC button, it's so habit for me. Turn car on, seat belt on, TC off and OD off before I do anything else.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information