Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SW warranty procedure?

SW warranty procedure?

How do you process your warranty claims?

I was the initiator of a "group buy" in 2009 that netted seventeen people ordering various parts from you.
    http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=47457

My exhaust was rattling last week, and the Ford dealership took it off to find that one of the cats has fallen apart/unravelled.

As you are a supporting vendor here, please advise me and all your other customers publically what steps to take for a warranty claim. Thank you.

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

MOD HISTORY:
    -Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
    -Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
    13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.
    -Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
    -New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims
    XCal 4 Remote-tuned to PERFECTION by Jeff @ MartyO June/19

300A #507
    Trilogy #250
    14" Brakes

Thanks. To be clear, is the "racing of any kind" exclusion to include purpose-built competition/race cars, or everything? If I've taken my car to Friday Night Street Legals last year to run three runs down the 1/4 mile track, is my warranty void?

I can't imagine it would be voided for this since your product is supposed to be for high performance street vehicles, and merging onto the highway from the on-ramp traffic light is not really any different!

Just looking for clarification from the source, thanks!

MOD HISTORY:
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims

Quote Originally Posted by Taemian View Post
    Thanks. To be clear, is the "racing of any kind" exclusion to include purpose-built competition/race cars, or everything? If I've taken my car to Friday Night Street Legals last year to run three runs down the 1/4 mile track, is my warranty void?

I can't imagine it would be voided for this since your product is supposed to be for high performance street vehicles, and merging onto the highway from the on-ramp traffic light is not really any different!

Just looking for clarification from the source, thanks!

You just told them you raced it...............
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

"Racing of any kind" is clear. But it is BS considering the nature of the intent behind the high performance parts. Your warranty claim should be granted.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Didnt this happen to someone else a little while ago? I remember seeing pix of the cats with the guts blown out and stuck in the muffler.
    May I have your attn. please...... EATON!...... That is all.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder Rick View Post
    Didnt this happen to someone else a little while ago? I remember seeing pix of the cats with the guts blown out and stuck in the muffler.
    DAMN!!!

Think I'm going to gut mine!

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

gutting the cat

They gut themselves so don't get too whooped. Get straight thru mufflers & let 'em flow out the back. So long as you pass emissions, its all good.

Racing is a competition. Friday night test & tune is not racing 'of any kind', even if some low-life Ricer happens to be slipping his clutch in the lane next to you. SW won't want to litigate that issue.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post

You just told them you raced it...............
    Yes, I find that honesty is the only policy, for me anyways.

As it is, I've never technically raced it. I never competed or raced against others in any sanctioned racing group or sport, but merely passed a safety inspection that allowed me to legally exceed what I could do on the public roads. There was never any official prizes or ranking, merely an anti-street racing theme where people could go fast legally.

No different to me than spirited canyon driving, as far as the warranty is concerned.

MOD HISTORY:
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    -Widened rims

Quote Originally Posted by DEFYANT View Post
    "Racing of any kind" is clear. But it is BS considering the nature of the intent behind the high performance parts. Your warranty claim should be granted.
    Just thought I'd check here in the vendor's forum to confirm. If you can't drive your car without having a warranty voided the second you do a burnout or go over a speed limit, than I'll have to pursue the next tier of options.

As you say, it would really be BS. Also, would a dyno pull be considered "racing"? I had 2 of them after installing the StainlessWorks system to check the tune. And really, is a 1/4 drag to find out what your car can do (in a safe environment rather than with a G-Tech on a back road) much more than that?

MOD HISTORY:
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    -Widened rims

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder Rick View Post
    Didn't see that, but a link would be appreciated. Wonder if it was from the same Group Buy that I organized when I bought mine 2 years ago?

MOD HISTORY:
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    -Widened rims

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKWHEAT View Post
    They gut themselves so don't get too whooped. Get straight thru mufflers & let 'em flow out the back. So long as you pass emissions, its all good.

Racing is a competition. Friday night test & tune is not racing 'of any kind', even if some low-life Ricer happens to be slipping his clutch in the lane next to you. SW won't want to litigate that issue.
    I'm one of the few people who likes a quiet, stock-like exhaust level. Emission testing here is a visual check, and unless you throw a CEL they don't use a tailpipe sniffer.

Litigation is not anything I'm interested in. The internet is a place where both good and bass press can go a long way to helping or hindering a manufacturer's reputation, so hopefully I'll be able to brag about the great follow up service that SW gives.

Hopefully someone from the SW team posts up here soon.

MOD HISTORY:
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    -Widened rims

I believe I paid for quality parts and that's what I expect from them especially the amount that was collected.
    "Damned if I do, damned if I don't!"
    Member #8831

MERIDEATH aka "Purrrty Mean" was born on June 20, 2002.
    Production #1685 of 7,838 and is #1685 of 7093 Black Beasts.
    Delivered July 27th 2002, she revealed herself.
    Unable to be tamed by her 1st owner, she was left to roam about & raid in search of plunder.
    Through the pillage she became mine on January 23, 2008 and since then...
    "She's tryin' to make a Devil out of me!"
    -"TaKe 'Em D0wN!" TRILOGY TwinScrew #209 / TS0019-

Isn't SW a vendor here? It would seem they would answer quicker than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taemian View Post
    As you are a supporting vendor here, please advise me and all your other customers publically what steps to take for a warranty claim. Thank you.
    I am going to do my very best to write the following in a way that does not offend you as that is absolutely not my intention.

I have encountered a few threads here and at MCM where I feel the expressed tone in your original post is somewhat confrontational or could easily be misconstrued that way.

If you have an issue with a product then the first step is to contact the maker of the product directly to discuss the issue with them. The following actions depend on the result of that first contact.

In this situation you have gone directly to a website filled with potential buyers (possibly impacting their sales) posting that the product you purchased from them has a failed catalytic converter and (IMO) have called them out. Of course as a vendor at multiple sites they likely don't have time to visit every site every day so at this point you can add a perception of unresponsiveness to the situation.

All of the above has happened because a part of the exhaust that wasn't even made by SW has failed.

I humbly suggest again that you place a phone call with them to discuss the matter directly with them.

Regards.
    300A #507
    Trilogy #250
    14" Brakes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information