Thread: SS brake lines

SS brake lines

Is there any advantage to changing over to SS brake lines other than the look?

Quote Originally Posted by bugsyc View Post
    Yes....

Most of us that have changed to SS lines not for the looks but the pedal feel.

Never heard anyone changing for the "look".

The SS lines don't balloon out like te stock rubber lines do, resulting in a hard no mushy pedal.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by bugsyc View Post
    OMG. I'd ***** slap you if I were near you!!!

Hellzzzzzz yeahzzzzzzzzzz. A huge difference. I added the SS lines and a did a full fluid flush and the brake pedal is very very firm. (That's what she said Casey)

Just do it!! You will not regret it.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone
    Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    SS brake lines are a must for our cars! this is an excellent "must do mod"!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Anyone know any tricks to open bleeders without breaking them off (heat?). I embarassed to say mine have never been bled... and I am about to install my SS lines with a complete fluid change. I hate to end up buying new calipers just for a broken off bleeder. Anyone recommend silicon based brake fluid?
    2004 Mercury Marauder

"Nice car! Let's go buy a 12 pack and see how fast it'll go!"

Born on 10/27/2003
    Delivered on 11/08/2003, 12 days after build!

#753 of 3214, #236 of 1237 in Black, Dark Charcoal

43 miles on Odometer at delivery due to pull by Ford Quality Test Track Run (official document provided)...

Original Owner, Trilogy #247. Bun Warmers, Trunk CD Changer, Full Size Spare w/unpolished Marauder rim, Trunk Storage Container, XL Marauder Jacket, Added Remote Gas Door. Steve Babcock signature under hood, on window sticker, and on owners manual.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack View Post
    Anyone know any tricks to open bleeders without breaking them off (heat?). I embarassed to say mine have never been bled... and I am about to install my SS lines with a complete fluid change. I hate to end up buying new calipers just for a broken off bleeder. Anyone recommend silicon based brake fluid?
    Clean off the bleeders with a wire brush, soak with PB Blaster for a a few days before trying to loosen.

Complete fluid change is a good thing.

If you go with a silicone-based fluid you have to remove ALL traces of the glycol-ether-based fluid.

Unless your Marauder will be raced on a road course all the time there is no reason to switch from ordinary DOT-4 fluid.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Clean off the bleeders with a wire brush, soak with PB Blaster for a a few days before trying to loosen.

Complete fluid change is a good thing.

If you go with a silicone-based fluid you have to remove ALL traces of the glycol-ether-based fluid.

Unless your Marauder will be raced on a road course all the time there is no reason to switch from ordinary DOT-4 fluid.
    It is important to get all the reg brake fluid out of the current system, this includes the ABS parts as well. The silicone based will not mix with the regular, in fact it will gum up and then you will have a big project to work on. I would just put regular brake fluid back in like FBM said.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack View Post
    Mine was no problem, had not been touched since a month before your car was made !! Did a full fluid change last month.

The rubber boots on the bleeders were all intact and in place. They totally cover the bleeder and the threads and snap into place far better than any of the other types I have had. Popped em off to find shiny new looking bleeders. Cracked loose perfectly
    2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black
    Build date: 9/26/03 552 of 3214 2004's
    105K miles Second Owner. Charcoal interior Heated Seats All stock with Lidio 91/93 Octane tune 14.85@95.63 with 93 tune only. 96 cobra intake cams in the cellar, pondering TR6060 swap.

Pictures

2004 Crown Vic LX 150K Silver Birch with Light flint leather. Auto dim mirror, EATC and steering wheel radio controls. 21mm marauder rear sway bar and wood steering wheel. MM head unit , MM subwoofer coming (really) 04 P-71 80 mm MAF/ airbox 04 p71 zip tube 04 P-71 PCM swap. Heated mirrors with silver birch endcaps coming!!

Pictures

1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature
    Touring Edition 250K 2004 PI 2V swap complete! Sold

Pictures

74 Laguna S-3 Project car Original 400 Small block

Thread Information