Thread: Leather Jacket Finalized-Finally!

Leather Jacket Finalized-Finally!

Want to thank all of those who commented on helping me on earlier threads with going back to my Dealer--see below- again Thanks

As some of you may or may not know--awhile back I mentioned the problem of acquiring the "jacket" , as well as some other MM members...anyway..after getting everyone's comments and realizing what it would take, I finally went back to my Dealer ( third time) but this time with everyones comments put into my own words for review and written in my pocket --I ventured in on a Saturday and asked to speak with the head honcho(sp)...told him--
    1. "I've heard from his Service manager about my first service visit
    for free check-up and oil change that IS NOT FREE-
    2. I've heard from my finanance company by sending me their payment coupons -
    3. I've heard from the President of the Dealership(named so and so) and he has promised me everything with butter on it from his management staff-
    4. But no one has given me an answer as to what is what regarding my "Jacket"--other than to say --'yeah --you should be getting it soon'-
    So I further said -'This is all nothing but more and more excuses...so I let him have it by saying----' let me further say -
    5. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THAT SURVEY AS YET AND I WANT TO TELL YOU - I'M NOT A 'HAPPY CAMPER '!!!!!! "

Well, the following Monday - while getting some smugges off the rear at their body shop--the salesman and head man of the place ran out with all kinds of paperwork and phone number for me to call---which I did and the nice lady on the other end helped me with getting all in order...from which she said..is there anything else I can help you with and I replyed --Yeah---it would have been nice to get this info when I bought the car--she replied-- you need to talk to you Delear about that--they were suppose to tell you this info when you bought the car!

Sorry for the long story--but anyone still looking--go place yourself at the head mans' office and tell him what you REALLY THINK!! AMAZING RESULTS-

Should be getting it within several weeks---Thanks everyone once again-- and to you Logan for a "SUPER SITE" for us all to chat on MM matters....
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Glad your jacket is squared awy, but
    "--Yeah---it would have been nice to get this info when I bought the car--she replied-- you need to talk to you Delear about that--they were suppose to tell you this info when you bought the car! "

That's when you should have handed the phone to the dealer for that message!

My Jacket finally arrived today on the front porch when I got home..Real Nice! Now I see what everyone has been talking about..Glad to finally have it--Now I feel like the rest of you..Merry Christmas....
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    All New Parts

In Memoriam....11-14-13

Haven't even gotten a card yet! Looks like I'm making a call to Detriot...

You mean you had your MM this long--an still don'y have it !! WOW--And I though I was the only one waiting a long time.....al it boiled down to was calling that 800#,----(have to go find it where I put it in the house) ---the 800 # was posted here awhile back--it's that one---anyway--a nice lady will send you the card..all you need it your purchase date,name and vin#..card arrives ,,fill it out...the rst is history....it was just that the dealer never gave me the 800 # till I raised a ruckiss..... good luck.....wow- I thought surely you would have had it .....
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    All New Parts

In Memoriam....11-14-13

KSMM03 Guest
    Marauderman,

If I may make a suggestion. Ask your dealership for the regional offices phone number and address. Then, jot an informative note to them explaining your experiences, along those that differe with the experiences those on this board have had.

Rule # 1 is: The customer is always right
    Rule #2 is: If the customer is wrong, see rule #1

There is no reason you should have received a run around, and if they're concerned about returning customers, they should have done everything they could have to earn your trust and you as a customer. Its apparent that their only concern is selling you a car and not retaining you as a customer. Informing their regional headquarters will underscore your seriousness of being treated fairly and respectfully. While it may bring some heat on them, they by their inactions bought it upon themselves by not working with you .

Chris

Good Idea Chris--

I take it you have received yours and without this kinda hassle--
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    All New Parts

In Memoriam....11-14-13

The last page of the Marauder's catalog list all the standard equipment and it lists JACKET-black leather;,between instrument panel and lights?
    2003 (#867 of #7839) 300A Marauder
    #23 MercuryMarauder.net member
    6/7/02 Build Date
    6/17/02 Purchased
    IL Plate MARAWDR
    35%Tint All Around
    Z&M Control Arms
    Real AutoMeter Oil Gauge
    Marauder Hats in rear window
    Rear Bumper Gray Decals
    Trunk Organizer
    OEM Frt Splash Guards
    ProGuard
    Weathershield Marauder Cover
    2XL Marader Jacket
    McGard Wheel Locks
    Marauder Billet Pedals
    Marauder Door Sills
    Denso Plugs IT20's
    8/3/03 Dyno 260.4 RWHP/291.3 Torque

Standard equipment would mean exactly that, no matter what plan you buy it under!
    2003 (#867 of #7839) 300A Marauder
    #23 MercuryMarauder.net member
    6/7/02 Build Date
    6/17/02 Purchased
    IL Plate MARAWDR
    35%Tint All Around
    Z&M Control Arms
    Real AutoMeter Oil Gauge
    Marauder Hats in rear window
    Rear Bumper Gray Decals
    Trunk Organizer
    OEM Frt Splash Guards
    ProGuard
    Weathershield Marauder Cover
    2XL Marader Jacket
    McGard Wheel Locks
    Marauder Billet Pedals
    Marauder Door Sills
    Denso Plugs IT20's
    8/3/03 Dyno 260.4 RWHP/291.3 Torque

KSMM03 Guest
    Marauderman,

Yes, about 3 weeks (or so) after I got the car, got the little card in the mail, checked the appropriate box, and sent it in.

I work for for the govt, and my job is for the most part customer service, so the customer always has options. If a dealer isn't doing right by you, you have the right to go to their next supervisor or headquarters.

Chris

Chris: Hello! I read what you wrote about customer service and you hit the nail on the head! When I got my card I called and inquired about a larger size.(5XLT) They responded by phone the next day and say "no problem,if you need a 5XLT we will make you a 5XLT". When my jacket arrived it was a 5XL. Difference being the length. At 6'6" the jacket is a little short. When I called and talked to Mr.Pinter (nice guy) he informed me that they do NOT have that size. He offered to exchange it for another size. No pun intended but they came up short.
    Big Dog
    Last edited by Bigdogjim; 12-24-2002 at 06:29 AM.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

mtnh Guest
    So Jim, what team did you play for? :^)

Mike, 10" junior in stature...

KSMM03 Guest
    Jim,

Hey, no problem. If car dealerships want our business they have to do right by us. If they don't, they need to be reminded of who keeps them in business and their sales and service people gainfully employed.

I worked (for a very short period) selling cars in upstate NY (can you say damn near Canada!) and even got hosed by our own service dept when I bought the truck I bought from our dealership into them for service. 3 times the mechanic didn't put the little paper things on the carpets and three times, I complained to the service manager, then the dealer manager (my boss). The customer is always right!

Hey ksmm03, how close to Canada? Watertown, Lake Placid,Rochester? Yeah it's still cold here,plus calling for 8-14 inches snow tonight into Christmas day. Man,I gotta move, sick of storing bike and Big Black all winter[5-6 months]
    Black 03MM-A Bought 8/26/02 Built 6/ 21/02 -SOLD
    IMOA MV1, MV2

2008 Lincoln Mark LT, loaded

Billatpro Guest
    See my post under "no info on jacket"

Thread Information