Thread: Starting my 7th year with the Marauder

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Starting my 7th year with the Marauder

Today I start my 7th year with my Marauder! Yipee! lol
    It was when I read the below article in late 2002, I knew about the Marauder coming out and that I knew I wanted one. I had admired the Impala SS and LT1 cop Caprice back in the day.
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62031&page=5
    Having always admired old school American muscle cars (chargers, GTOs, Chevelle SS, etc) and vintage big block police cars (Dodge Polaras, Dodge Monacos, Plymouth Furys, Ford Galaxies, Ford Customs, etc.), I knew the Marauder was the car for me. And I needed something more reliable and newer than my box vic 5.8 (11 to 17 miles per gallon sucked too).
    I couldn’t afford one until February 11, 2006 after starting a new job in California. I found out then that the car was unfortunately discontinued a few years earlier, but I remember having to look at carmax and autobytel for used Marauders in my area. I remember a lot being available but all had somewhat high mileage for a car 3 years old. But commutes tend to be long here in California. I settled for one at Future Ford of Concord (stay away from this stealership!). I paid way more than I should have for a 50,000 mile Marauder but 124,500 miles later it was well worth it and its still going strong.
    I’d upload the photo with my Marauder those 6 years ago, but it was a bad hair day. lol
    Sure, I did the o-ring EATC repair, BCM, the 100,000 spark plug change myself (all with the help of reading MM . net), countless BFGs tires, have that hole developing in the driver seat, hood needs new paint, got curb rash, got the bumper sag (put the Progaurd on too late I’m afraid), door armrest separation, and now I need the blend door actuator replaced. But overall, the car is still in good shape and runs great.
    And I still haven’t installed my Lidio tune (tried the Superchips 1725 way back when and noticed no difference so had to go Lidio). I still have my Addco rear swaybar in the closet as well as my DB electrical alternator. Probably got a few more things in the closet for this car that I can’t think of right now. And its been frustrating but I ordered the Vortech back in August with my severance package when I got laid off but only got the intercooler and some other misc parts so far due to back order.
    Wish me luck in many more happy miles! These cars were built to last (if my unknown miles box vic is any indication).

Almost forgot, I also have the cooling mod tucked away in the closet somewhere. And I did finally have new brakes put on at 120,000 miles.
    Last edited by 88LTDCV351; 02-21-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: cooling mod and brakes

Thread Information