Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prototype drawing

Prototype drawing

While meeting with Jerry a few weeks ago, I saw a prototype drawing he had and asked if I could have one. The more I look at it, the more I look forward to the availability of the ground effects kit. I had to share this great drawing, I love the front airdam, chopped door handles, and the lowered appearance with what looks to be 19" wheels.

What I found most intriguing was the color the artist chose for the car...I like that color...alot. (Kind of a Sunday-go-to-meetin' color)

Good job Jerry...and BTW, I hope this pic wasn't classified
    Last edited by CRUZTAKER; 01-31-2004 at 05:09 PM.
    2017 Niro

Allmost looks like the one at the sema show..Yea it sure is sweet lookin .they should start sellin body kits like that too..

Very, very tasty. Where do I sign up for this kit?
    Last edited by Donny Carlson; 01-31-2004 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderMark
    Allmost looks like the one at the sema show..Yea it sure is sweet lookin .they should start sellin body kits like that too..
    I believe it is the one from the SEMA show. As for buying them,.. they should be available soon.

Tom

MI2QWK4U Guest

The scoop!

This is the final prototype concept drawing for the SEMA Trilogy car. It is exactly what we saw in Vegas at the SEMA show. And it wasn't designed for Ford, Jerry created it exclusively for his second Trilogy show car for the SEMA show, and originally had NO plans to market it as a ground effects kit. So there is next to none chance of seeing it on a production car from the factory. I also have good information that the 2005 factory supercharged Marauder just isn't going to happen, pure and simple. The effects kit does look good, pictures dont do it justice, you need to see it up close and in person. I fear that the cost will put this kit out of our reach though. Hopefully Jerry will have some news for us soon on it!

2quick and Petro are correct. I chose not to elaborate the details. I do however anxiously await the final bids on the cost to make this kit.
    2017 Niro

TripleTransAm Guest
    Looks cool from that angle... gives it a Mercedes kind of look. You know, the ones that were breathed on by a tuner, like AMG or something....

The front facia looks good. Nice job.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

I think it makes the Marauder look like a "big" Lincoln LS, which is not a bad thing, just more european looking.
    Later,
    Bowman9

Modifactions:
    SuperChips Custom Tuner 9100 (Lidio)
    180 Degree Thermostat
    Ford Motorsport 4.10 Gears
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Coldair Kit

Y'all should know that there is a real Lady in my life who watches over my shoulder. Not only on my mods, but my MM.Net posts, and my road trips too. She's really hip on most of this MM stuff.

(okay, who is writing to her, eh? One of y'all is keeping her up to date and I don't appreciate this back door stuff! Knock it off!)

Her first response to this treatment came in the form of a question I had to prove an answer for. The question was "when did you hit the garage wall, and how much did it cost us."

Honest to God, that's what she asked, and I have to agree with her, this pic looks like an MM punched in the nose.

Shaved door handles, lower stance, larger wheels, and all that...Well, we never got that far in our discussion. Her last words were "don't you go there" with a few more vowels and verbs, to taste.

Someone bail me out, please? I love the MM, but I have to say..."this sucks."

I didn't notice the missing door handles before.

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Someone bail me out, please? I love the MM, but I have to say..."this sucks."
    OK, Mac....I hear ya loud and clear. So in '05, at the MM national meet, when you see this setup on my car....I don't even want to hear you say you want to trade And I've got another big ole "I told you so" stored in my closet

Deja Vu?

BTW: I owe you some + points for your post....it said I have to 'spread the reputation' some more before I am able to hook you up...damn limitations!
    Last edited by CRUZTAKER; 01-31-2004 at 08:26 PM.
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER
    ......with what looks to be 19" wheels.....
    On top on me loving this kit and wating to get my hands on one, "IF" a 19" stock-looking wheel gets produced, put me down for that too!!!!!!

2003 Mercury Marauder - 300A (Born 9/02, Purchased 1/16/04)
    • 1 Coil Cut Off Front Springs & Rear Air Suspension Lowered
    • PIAA Xtreme White 9007's
    • Red Reflective "MARAUDER" Inserts
    • JLT Performance Intake
    • Accufab Throttle Body
    • SCT-1725 Tuned
    • Borla Mufflers

Where have you guys been? This drawing was posted several times before, here's one of the threads
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...hlight=Trilogy

I wish they'd hurry up and get this kit produced!
    Dean P. ~ Racerx88
    2004 Mercury Marauder 300A

Silver Birch/Charcoal
    Dig Around in My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER
    OK, Mac....I hear ya loud and clear. So in '05, at the MM national meet, when you see this setup on my car....I don't even want to hear you say you want to trade And I've got another big ole "I told you so" stored in my closet
    Just having some fun, Barry, don't take me seriuosly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information