Thread: Am I crazy or what.........

Angry Am I crazy or what.........

I purchased a Perma-Bag for my MM. Was shipped directly from Germany. Is is an outdoor cover which you lay on the ground, drive over and zip your car into, like a duffle bag. In addition, relative humidity is kept at 50% through the use of these cannisters with some type of silica pellets inside. This cover is used for storing automobiles during the off season. I will be building a garage on my property next year so I have to take care of the MM best I can. New york City got hit with about 6" of snow today...
    JohnnyB

2004 Mach 1 - Torch Red 5 Speed

2003 Mercury Marauder
    300A, RPC Chip, 4.10's, K&N Aircharger

2002 Ford Focus ZX5

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Sounds better than leaving to the elements

It'll keep the neighbor's talkin', that's for sure...

JohnnyB,

That has got to be a sight... One of my neighbors "bags" his Harleys every winter...even though they are in his basement...his "bags" are the one's with the fans to keep air recirculating..
    Wayne

Well, if the neighbors ask, tell them your ZIP LOCKED it for the winter to keep it fresh! ;-)

piglet Guest
    Sounds like a big condom.............Keeping out the undesirables!

JohnnyB : I know how you feel! My MM is sitting under 8 inches of white stuff funny how as kid you loved it, now @#$@#@*. I have been looking in to some type of cover also. And no you are not crazy!
    Good luck with it!
    Big Dog Jim
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Moparzz Guest
    I have had good luck with my CoverIt garage which houses my 67 Barracuda (the Marauder resides in the real garage). These are reasonably priced and provide good protection. There are other brands out there, so I'm not shilling for the company, its just the one I bought.

http://www.coverit.com/

gents - thanks for the support. Bigdogjim - I'm teary eyed thinking about the snow on your MM. You might want to check out the NOAH brand car cover. I have one for my MM and it's great. Waterproof on the outside and the inside is softer than a baby's diaper. They come custom made with side view mirror flaps and they fit like a glove. They don't have one for a 2003 MM, but just order one for a 2002 Grand Marquis.... about $200 and woirth every $$...
    JohnnyB

2003 Mercury Marauder

2002 Ford Focus ZX5

Moarzz - the was thinking about a COVERIT garage. See them advetised in the NOrthern Tool catalogs that I get.

Were you able to build it yourself
    Did you have to pour a foundation
    How well does it protect your car

Seems like a good alternative to the $15,000+ I will hacve to spend for the real thing
    JohnnyB

2003 Mercury Marauder

2002 Ford Focus ZX5

Moparzz Guest

Thumbs up

Johnny B

I had a friend come over to help me put up the CoverIt garage. We built a 8x20 deck for the car to sit on and buit the CoverIt right on the deck. It took more time to build the deck than to put up the garage. We did the whole thing in 1 day. I would not bother with a deck again. A good industrial grade tarp under the car to keep out moisture would do just as well and would be cheaper and easier. The CoverIt has kept the sun, rain and snow off of the car and has withstood 60 mph winds so far. It is now 3 years old and has required minimal maintenance. I got the zippered roll-up front door option and the translucent panel in the roof to let in some light. I also got the peaked roof model rather than the quonset style. I think it cost me about $750 with shipping back then. I paid more than that for the materials for the deck.

Thread Information