Thread: Open up the 04 drag strip season at Edgewater in Cincy

Lightbulb Open up the 04 drag strip season at Edgewater in Cincy

Hey guys, out of curiosity, how many of you guys would be interested in getting together for a day at the drag strip for test and tune? Edgewater is opening for their new season on Feb 28 Saturday, which sounds like it would be nice to make a few runs while the air is still nice, dry, and cool here in Cincinnati. I am not sure how much, but last time I was there, it was around $10 for an unlimited number of runs for the day. I definately plan on being there and was curious how many others might be interested. If enough people plan on attending, maybe we can put together a Marauder based thing for the day. If Feb 28th is rained out, I was thinking about using March 6th as the alternative day. Their website is http://www.edgewaterrace.com

Any cars running faster than a 13.99 will need a helmet..........
    2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
    -gone

Quote Originally Posted by junehhan
    If Feb 28th is rained out, I was thinking about using March 6th as the alternative day. Their website is http://www.edgewaterrace.com

Any cars running faster than a 13.99 will need a helmet..........
    Hmmm, this sounds interesting. Three hour drive for me, no biggie. Only problem is if rains in cinci, it's snowing in cleveland. I am no longer setup for winter driving and am therefore grounded until spring. March 6th might be safe, gonna watch the forecast.

I need to get some work done on the MM before I make runs. 13.99 requiring a helmet? That seems a bit odd, no? One must run a hell of alot faster than that at Norwalk for a helmet. At that ET, we're all gonna need helmets
    2017 Niro

The reason for the helmet rule, is that this is a NHRA track which stictly follows the NHRA rulebook. I think you are being a bit optmistic as those of us who havn't modded our cars won't be running anywhere near 13's in the 1320!

I am just hoping to hit 14's as that would make me very happy. I definately plan on being there since I want to make a few runs while the weather is nice and cool. I'm also trying to get a few V8 Taurus SHO owners interested as well. I'm also trying to get some guys who work in various departments at UC interested as well of which includes a 50th anniversary Vette, C5 Vette convertible, Audi S4, and Pontiac GTP.
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

-gone

The reason for the helmet rule, is that this is a NHRA track which stictly follows the NHRA rulebook. I think you are being a bit optmistic as those of us who havn't modded our cars won't be running anywhere near 13's in the 1320!

Speak for yourself If I bring the L I would like to be in the 12's That would be nice.
    Accufab 65mm Throttlebody, 4.10 gears, and JDM Flipchip. Finally here.

In the future: total custom Twin Turbo at 15-18 PSI
    with Intercooler and 2003 Cobra Mustang lower end with Crank,Manley Rods, and 8.5 over1 Pistons.

14.976 @ 94.8 MPH 03 Marauder stock
    13.028 @ 104.6 MPH 02 Lightning JDM Flipchip,4# lower pulley, and Borla Catback. JLP Ramair, Oilbreather, JLP power pipe
    More to come

I actually miss my old Lightning(had an 02 True Blue), but it just wasn't a vehicle for me. Maybe sometime down the road when I don't have to worry about the practicality of a vehicle, i'll own another Lightning. I actually regret never having a chance to take it to the strip before I sold it............

Back when I had my v8sho, I was really disappointed in my drag strip time because we went on a 95 degree day that was incredibly humid, which is a mistake I don't intend on making with the Marauder.

-gone

June, do you work at UC?
    I have to take my son down there on Feb 14th for the Cincinatus comp.
    2003A Black
    Really nice floor mats
    2005 Gold Wing, Really YELLOW

Hi, yes I work at UC! I won't be working that day, but I may be around campus Saturday to get some work for a class done since I go to school there as well. Good luck to your son in the Cincinnatus scholarship competition!

-gone

Rob, Friday night when I was going home, I saw a black Marauder parked in the Kingsgate Garage over by the Marriott Kingsgate Conference Center Hotel. Did that belong to you???

-gone

Rob, Friday night when I was going home, I saw a black Marauder parked in the Kingsgate Garage over by the Marriott Kingsgate Conference Center Hotel. Did that belong to you???
    Yes, that was me. Sorry it took so long to reply. We stayed at the Kingsgate.
    2003A Black
    Really nice floor mats

I was wondering about that! My Silver Marauder was parked right next to the entrance gate just as you entered the garage.

-gone

I was wondering about that! My Silver Marauder was parked right next to the entrance gate just as you entered the garage.
    How did I miss that? We were so busy not getting lost AGAIN that I had tunnel vision.
    2003A Black
    Really nice floor mats

Lots of people find that the Marriott Kingsgate Conference Center is actually not as easy to find as they would think. For instance, you would think that there was a Marriott logo or name outside, but there isn't because the University of Cincinnati will not let them do that.

-gone

Thread Information