Thread: Going to Auto Cross this Sunday.

Going to Auto Cross this Sunday.

Any tips on tire pressure, or how to keep my engine running cool between runs?
    ┼∞█The Black Bomber█∞┼

Aftermarket Sun Roof, Spoiler and Heated Seats, BC4E Dead Pedal
    PERFORMANCE - ADCO Front and Rear Sway Bars, K&N FIPK Air Intake,
    XCal2 Tuned by DR
    LIGHTS - Self-built HID projectors, True 3000K Osram Foglights
    SOUND SYSTEM - Infinity Reference Speakers All Around, Infinity Reference 4 Channel 465W AMP, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in Enclosed/ported box
    APPEARANCE - Tints w/Windshield Eyelid, SS Inserts, S55 Tail Light Treatment, Full Interior LED Upgrade w/Guages and Cluster, CMS Gods Head Conversion, Custom Floor Mats From CarMotorsports, satin pedals, self-built black and silver pinstriped interior trim and accents

CURRENT PROJECTS - Doing what Ford should have done and gutting the interior...Stay tuned. It's a rather large project.

I run 38 all around and seems to be the sweet spot on my CVPI. Pop the hood between runs if you feel you have too.
    I have never needed too.

Most of all, have fun!!

Oh and post pics or vids, or it never happened LOL
    2001 CVPI 54,xxx miles, stock.
    Retired Citizens on Patrol Unit with Broward County Sheriffs Office maintained every 3,000 miles.
    Co-Owner 360 Safety Gear and Equipment - We sell P71 Crown Vics and Public Safety Equipment.
    Volunteer Fire Fighter - Rivers End FD 13 years of service.

A friend has a No Pro camera mount. I may ask to use that for a POV video (giggidy) or just have him film from the side.
    ┼∞█The Black Bomber█∞┼

XCal2 Tuned by DR
    SOUND SYSTEM - Infinity Reference Speakers All Around, Infinity Reference 4 Channel 465W AMP, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in Enclosed/ported box
    APPEARANCE - Tints w/Windshield Eyelid, SS Inserts, S55 Tail Light Treatment, Full Interior LED Upgrade w/Guages and Cluster, CMS Gods Head Conversion, Custom Floor Mats From CarMotorsports, satin pedals, self-built black and silver pinstriped interior trim and accents

CURRENT PROJECTS - Doing what Ford should have done and gutting the interior...Stay tuned. It's a rather large project.

45psi in the fronts, mandatory. Otherwise you will roll the outer edges of the front tires. Watch this closely and adjust as needed...

Your engine will be fine between runs. They cool down pretty quick with the aluminum blocks. If it is a 1st gear course lock the car into first. This will help with throttle control and give you added engine braking. Especially if you have OEM gears, its likely you won't get out of first.

Matt H.
    (sold)2004' SB, 268rwhp/295tq
    1990 Mustang GT, Dart 363, Si-trim, T56, Holley Terminator X. 622rwhp/527tq
    2003 SVT Cobra, Posi Port 497rwhp/481tq. SCT Pro Racer Pack.
    2017 F-150, 5.0
    2013 SHO DIB Performance Pack

Thanks, Vortech. What is the MAX speed I should go in first gear?
    ┼∞█The Black Bomber█∞┼

XCal2 Tuned by DR

Quote Originally Posted by Vortech347 View Post
    45psi in the fronts, mandatory. Otherwise you will roll the outer edges of the front tires. Watch this closely and adjust as needed...
    I'll have to try that next time out!
    I was locked in 2nd with OD off (just in case lol), seemed to work out well in the short course we were running that day.
    Retired Citizens on Patrol Unit with Broward County Sheriffs Office maintained every 3,000 miles.
    Co-Owner 360 Safety Gear and Equipment - We sell P71 Crown Vics and Public Safety Equipment.

Auto cross was a blast. Post video later.
    ┼∞█The Black Bomber█∞┼

XCal2 Tuned by DR

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJAG View Post
    I'll have to try that next time out!
    I was locked in 2nd with OD off (just in case lol), seemed to work out well in the short course we were running that day.
    Well locked in 2nd in these cars bypasses 1st gear too. On a tight course that would make moving a Merc around very slow. Once mine gets into 2nd I lock it there when I do open track with auto-x style cones in it to keep speeds down. Even with the 4.10's.

1st with 3.55's is good for 50mph. You'll do fine, I doubt you'll hit the rev limiter. Auto-x courses are designed to keep speeds around 40-60mph. With these cars being big and not exactly light, they tend to be at the bottom of the speed window.

Matt H.
    (sold)2004' SB, 268rwhp/295tq
    1990 Mustang GT, Dart 363, Si-trim, T56, Holley Terminator X. 622rwhp/527tq
    2003 SVT Cobra, Posi Port 497rwhp/481tq. SCT Pro Racer Pack.
    2017 F-150, 5.0
    2013 SHO DIB Performance Pack

Thanks for that Vortech, I had no idea that 2 locked out 1st!! DOH.

I hit 48 at one point, says my passenger. Can I link vids from Facebook?
    ┼∞█The Black Bomber█∞┼

XCal2 Tuned by DR

Good to see lots of neat stuff growing out of this thread, I gotta love all of it.

Anytime a Marauder owner wants to try something different, is just way c o o l .

Auto-cross, road-course, ARCA stock car, whatever...It's just all way too cool.

Y'all be safe, carry on gents.
    Mac.
    Sergntmac@aol.com

Thread Information