Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCT LiveLink - How to Log & Analyze Your Vehicle's Data

Why will my x3 not even connect? Trying everything with cords and no luck. Tried to contact act but that was a loss. Does it news to be unlocked?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

JoeBoomz,
    Thanks for the great info. I had been playing around with data logging for a few years now and didn't figure out near that much. Every time I try to do it again, it takes me a while to remember how I did it before, but I think that is old age setting in...
    Last edited by Windsor58; 08-11-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    Rice. It's what's for dinner...

04 Marauder, black, supercharged
    03 Mustang Cobra convertible, sonic blue, supercharged by Ford
    95 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, 351, green/tan
    85 Saleen Mustang, black

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    Joe! You gotta try the histogram feature in GenII! I was messing around with it to get my LWFM table correct so I don't have to mess with Manifold volume for my slight tip-in issues.
    Bill! Yes, it's quite a good piece of software, albeit a bit unstable. I finally got around to posting a tutorial about it here. It accomplishes similar to what my Tuner V3.xlsx does, but makes the process much easier while it isn't crashing.

I do still use the spreadsheet, because it allows for more focused averages based on the axis values. But Gen-II makes it very quick to review your datalogs.

Quote Originally Posted by O3 pharoh View Post
    Why will my x3 not even connect? Trying everything with cords and no luck. Tried to contact act but that was a loss. Does it news to be unlocked?
    All I can recommend is ensure you are plugging the USB to the computer FIRST, and then into the car after the X3 is fully booted up (at the selection menu).

If that still doesn't work you may have an SCT driver issue. Reinstall LiveLink and it will also reinstall the drivers, and hopefully that will solve it. Failing that, you need to do a more complicated things to the drivers to fix it and hopefully SCT would be able to help you with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Windsor58 View Post
    JoeBoomz,
    Thanks for the great info. I had been playing around with data logging for a few years now and didn't figure out near that much. Every time I try to do it again, it takes me a while to remember how I did it before, but Ithink that is old age setting in...

If you dont mind me asking, what A/F ratio are you running? I just had another tune done on mine (vortec sc) and I am getting a couple too lean codes, and it failed emissions testing today (NOx too high). I am taking it back to have the guy that tuned it fix it next week, and would like to know what the target AF ratio should be. Now its running a bit over 15 at idle and gradually goes down to a hair under 12 at 4500 rpm where it stays that low til 6k+. (I was surprised to see itthat lean..) They were trying to help it get past emissions tests and I think they set it too lean. The codes come up; when I get on it hard. They dont come up if I clear them and take it easy on it. But the emissions test triggered them today. Was hoping they wouldnt get on it that hard, but they did. Anyway, any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your post was edited after, but here's the A/F data if you still need it

In the tune (this is SCT's base value file for blown Marauder, works great on mine):

From datalogs:

Sorry I don't have any wideband data on my car yet, but multiply by 14.64 to get the values you're looking for, and good luck with the NOX COPS!
    Last edited by JoeBoomz; 08-12-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Great thread!

I'd like to do some AFR data logging. I wasn't sure which signals I should select. Is it the LTFT_BANK_1 and LTFT_BANK_2 signals, plus RPM?

Thanks!
    Recent new owner of a 2004 SB
    RIP 2003 Black 300A

Old thread but great info.

PROCHARGER SUPERCHARGER FROM F.I.T. # 007
    18psi pulley
    MMR built Stroker 5.0+.020 overbore
    Forged Crank/Manley Rods/Manley Pistons
    Billet Oil Pump
    ARP Bolts and head studs
    Snow Methanol Injection
    3500 Stall Converter (PI)
    Stryker 340 Fuel Pump
    45 lbs Injectors
    4:10 gears
    K&N Air Filter
    Factory Spoiler
    Widened Wheels
    Nittos
    170 deg thermostat
    SS Inserts
    Daniel's Colex Billet Supercharged Emblems front and rear
    Trunk organizer

Never mind my question. I was attempting to data log to check AFR at WOT before and after my engine swap. However, I just learned that our O2 sensors and the OBD2 data is 'Narrow Band' and useless at WOT.
    Recent new owner of a 2004 SB
    RIP 2003 Black 300A

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronimojc View Post
    Never mind my question. I was attempting to data log to check AFR at WOT before and after my engine swap. However, I just learned that our O2 sensors and the OBD2 data is 'Narrow Band' and useless at WOT.

Correct, the stock O2 sensors only know whether the mixture is less or more than ideal, and are not able to give you any sense of how far away from ideal you are.

You need a wideband sensor to properly log and tune the AFR. STFT and LTFT can only give you a basic idea.

Thank you for the great set of instructions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information